Thread: GA E38 BMW 750iL V12 Engine For Sale - 1996 5.4 Liter M73

My Cars
    1996 750iL

GA E38 BMW 750iL V12 Engine For Sale - 1996 5.4 Liter M73

E38 BMW 750iL V12 Engine - 1996 5.4 Liter M73 - Everything included except engine accessories, fuel injectors, and DK motors (throttle servos).

Complete Long Block - $4500, Let me know if have a need of the fuel injectors, DK motors, or any engine accessories.

Contact Jason via email, miles150000@yahoo.com If you prefer to talk on the phone, call me at 706-375-5010. Vehicle is located in northern Georgia, 15 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee.

V12 engine from a 1996 BMW 750iL with 121,000 original miles. Engine is in excellent running condition and is still in the vehicle. If you are in need of a replacement engine and are able to come hear it run, I urge you to do so. I will post pictures as soon as I am able. If you are interested, please contact me for more information.

Additional information pertaining to the condition of this engine:

I am the second owner of this vehicle. I purchased it approximately three years ago. The original owner sold the vehicle when the 100,000 mile BMW extended warranty was about to expire, so the car was maintained by BMW up until the time I took ownership. Since I have owned this vehicle, the engine has never run any hotter than where the factory thermostat is set. It has never leaked any oil, so the oil level has never been low. I have never had to add any oil in between oil changes. The engine does not burn oil, smoke, tap, tick, idle rough, hesitate or ping upon acceleration, or neither has it given me an indication of any other abnormality. It runs extreemly well and has been maintained properly. On average, the vehicle would get above 18 miles per gallon.

The reason for parting out this vehicle:

I have not been driving the car for 2 months because the electronic throttle system or, fly by wire controls, stopped working due to damaged wiring. Although the engine cranks up and idles normal, when you press the gas pedal, there is no signal going to the throttle servos to operate the butterflies. There is no throttle. The pedal position sensor could be damaged from the bad wiring ($400), or the engine power management computer (>$1000). The wiring harness is also quiet expensive to replace ($1800). Plus the diagnosis, programming, and labor estimate from BMW. The maintenance is too high for me too keep. So, instead of fixing it to sell, I decided to part it out. If you are only looking for a replacement engine, you will not need the previously mentioned components, as you will have these components in your 750.

Sorry if I appear to be too thorough, but this is information that should be exchanged before purchasing any used engine, but in most cases, the seller will intentionally omit these topics.

I will sell other good parts from this vehicle, if I find that people are in need of them. There are many good parts on this vehicle, including the transmission. Please contact me with any inquiries.
    Last edited by miles150000; 06-18-2007 at 03:16 AM.