Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: South Florida Auto Shop Contact List and Reviews

My Cars
    2002 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by samteezy View Post
    Called them up for starter replacement quote, wheel hubs/bearings and some other work. Very nice over the phone and competitive quotes. I will make an appointment next week and update this review once the work is done.
    Forgot to update - ended up meeting John the owner over at Eurowerks on two occasions, first to do some gas tank strap repairs and second to replace my starter. Very professional, cordial shop - they even dropped me off/picked me up when I made the appointment for the starter. Rate for labor was $110/hr which seems a little high to me but this may be what South Florida's like. I plan on going to his shop again, no complaints here.
    2002 530i auto

Sold:
    2008 MINI Clubman S
    1995 525i manual

My Cars
    06 m3 vert 6MT

Cool Alignment Factory - South Florida ( Miami )

Shop Name: Alignment Factory
    Shop Phone: 305-238-0934
    Specialty: Any Car Brand - Modified Suspension/Standard

Type of Work: General Alignment/Camber Adjustments

My review:

I've been going to Alignment Factory for years(I think 2002 was my first time). Every car(about 5 different cars) I have taken there has never had an issue with alignment, or tirewear being uneven. I've taken 2 of my m3's that have been lowered, and the guys there take great care of your car. They make sure any molded lips or anything attached the front bumper doesn't scrap when putting the car on or off the lift. They only specialize in alignments and I swear your car will drive straight for miles without touching the steering wheel given the road is even.

I have nothing but praise for those two guys, I think they've been in the business for about 20 or so years. Very small place, just call the day of ahead of time(Early Morning) to set an appointment.

My Cars
    E34 525i
    Are there any shops in the Wellington/wpb area that can do the m50 oil pump bolt welding?

My Cars
    1998 318i
    TRY BOWLA MOTOR WORKS
    954-484-8747 ask for AL
    1822 NW 29 ST. FORT LAUDERDALE FL 33311

My Cars
    1994 BMW 325ic
    I know a shop up in boynton beach, Approved Automotive, they do a lot of custom body, fab and paint work. The work is phenomenal and their prices are fair to the quality finish you get. Having my E36 done there now and I'm loving the progress, will be posting some update photos soon. Here is their contact info for anyone who may be interested...

Shop Name: Approved Automotive
    Boynton Beach, FL, 33435
    Phone: 631-576-7922
    Specialties: Custom Body, Fabrication, Paint Work. Full Restorations, Full Mechanical Work.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    There is a shop called Ultimate Auto, West Palm Beach, FL. ... off Okeechobee Blvd.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    BMW 97 M3 3.2 Euro
    Hi all,

I don't live in the states, I live in New Zealand.
    But I thought I'd place a review here as this is your neck of the woods.

So I was having some leakage problems with my S50b32 double vanos unit which I thought required me to replace my unit.
    While checking out eBay prior to Christmas I came across a few S50b32 vanos for sale , but the one with this description got me excited

"This vanos control unit is shelf worn but used only during dyno break in of a new motor. It was then removed and a vanos delete plate was added to the engine."

After some research on the user name "racehaus2412" I found he (Jay) worked/owned "TMG The motorsports group" and raced euro BMWs this put his mind a rest and I brought the unit
    through my brother who lives in the States.

When I received the unit it had

A Bolt missing from the Intake Cylinder Cover.
    The exhaust piston head was broken, removed and inserted into the inboard side of the vanos oil pump.
    Once I pulled the unit apart and compared my 100.000km (62000mls) vanos oil filter to this units one, my old one looked pristine in comparison.

Jay did offer a refund, but with the exchange rate and shipping cost it wasn't a viable option.
    He did find a replacement piston for me.

I was able to re-use my old unit in the end and I have now replaced all the seals & O rings in this unit as well and next I'll have to see if a BMW dealer can run a test on it

But the bottom line is the unit wasn't as he described it, so be careful when dealing with this guy and TMG.

Cheers Mark
    Last edited by M3kiwi; 02-20-2014 at 04:58 PM.

My Cars
    2001 BMW 530i
    Not your typical BMW shop but I've been going to:

J.P. Discount Auto Parts
    3401 Northwest 7th Avenue, Miami, FL

Guy is awesome...really nice and have NEVER had an issue. I purchase all my own parts. He has no issue with it and labor is quite cheap. Haven't had any major work done, but simple stuff like alternator, water pump, etc...he can do easy. He use to be at Braman. I have a stock (no mods) 2001 BMW 530i. He has an M5 & M3 himself.

My Cars
    1998 M3 Sedan
    Looking for a shop that can do injector cleaning and flow testing in Broward county. If anyone has a someone they recommend can you PM me ASAP

My Cars
    2004 BMW E46 M3
    ALL IMPORT CAR REPAIR - Lake Worth, Florida 410 S. H Street Lake Worth 561-586-0300

They specialize in European vehicles, especially German cars. BMW is what they do best. I go by here all the time, as I just enjoy hanging out with the guys sometimes, and they always have Bimmers in the shop. I've had my M3 serviced there for years with no complaints. They use highest quality products and their prices are better than any other shop I've tried. $90 per hr for labor on a BMW is LOW!!! These guys know their stuff too!! I had a 745Li with an oil leak the dealer and 2 other shops couldn't find and after numerous pointless repairs elsewhere I brought it here and they knew right away what was wrong. They also serviced my cooling system and electronic parking brake motor on that car. I got my friend to start servicing his 2006 M5 there as well and he thanks me every time he leaves. For german vehicle service in Palm Beach County, it doesn't get better than All Import Car Rerpair

My Cars
    1992 BMW 318is
    looking for a shop in south florida that will build my e36 inbox for details

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dVeLoPe View Post
    looking for a shop in south florida that will build my e36 for next to nothing inbox for details
    fixerd.
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    '97 Alpine M3 Coupe
    Does anyone know of or been to Motronix in Dania.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by NATIALE; 10-09-2014 at 10:08 AM.

My Cars
    2004 BMW 325iT
    Quote Originally Posted by M3peat View Post
    When I lived in WPB, I used Ernie's shop exclusively, unless he couldn't do it and even then he would recommend someone who worked out great. I've been living in DC for over 2 years now and haven't found 'the' shop to go to that I'm comfortable with. So much so that I even waited to get my alignment/corner balance done at Ernie's while I was down visiting for the Sebring 12 Hour. I highly recommend his shop.
    On the advice here I made an appointment and went to Ernie Bello Motorsports this morning (Jan 2015)--great service and the prices seemed very reasonable to me. I plan to make this my go-to place for routine maintenance. I'm glad i found this thread--might as well keep it updated

My Cars
    99 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by hooRAH View Post
    Ft. Lauderdale (Broward County) Shops:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shop Name: German Autos
    Shop Phone: 954-781-9510
    Specialty: BMW
    Type of Work: Anything BMW

Submitted by Bimmer Freaks:

By far the best mechanic in South Florida. I took my cars to a bunch of other independents and the local dealers and all I can say is Pete is the last true good mechanic who does the work right the first time. He is a certified BMW master tech that worked at Vista and branched off to start his own garage. I've sat with him plenty of times and watched him work under my cars and he does it by the book and his rates are great. I believe in the $70's/hr. I have owned numerous BMW's ranging from an e31 840 to an e30 325is and he has kept them running perfect. My problem is that I can't buy another car besides a BMW now because I don't trust anyone else which isn't a bad thing. I floated all around to other shops and have been a loyal customer of Pete's for the last 5 years. 2 thumbs way up!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I do not know who I spoke to but I called this place and when I tried to explain that I am restoring an e21 and I was looking to get the motor rebuilt the gentleman's only reply was 'is it worth that much to you?"

I told him good bye and hung up the phone
    '99 M3
    '82 320i

My Cars
    2 Boosted,1 more left to
    Hey Im looking for a shop to replace the driveshaft support bearing on my daughters X3 in the Orlando area near Disney. Im heading down there from NYC and would like to get a reputable shop recommendations.

Thanks

E39 LSX SWAP PARTS FORSALE

My Cars
    2006 530i
    Any one knows of a good shop in North Port/Port Charlotte area.

Thanks ...

Jim

My Cars
    97 328i 06 z4si 09 335i
    Looking for someone to do my manual swap any recommendations for the Jensen beach area?
    Thanks in advance

My Cars
    1997 328ic
    European Performance & Repair in Vero Beach. $100/hr. Ask for Ken.
    Last edited by verobeach97; 03-30-2017 at 07:52 PM.

My Cars
    1997 328ic
    Sam at Auto Works on sunrise blvd $80/hr. Cheap quick has used parts galore and seems quality work (diff swap)
    m50 mani / AA c38-81 stage 2 / 12psi / AEM progressive w/m kit / stg3 SB endurance clutch + SS / 3.38 LSD / cdv + asc delete / stromung catback + cat delete / ebay coilovers + GC RSMs / square CSL wheels / ski-pass 8" sub

My Cars
    2008 BMW 328i
    Advanced Auto Diagnostics in Doral. Been heading to them for a little over a year now. Great prices and the owner is always honest and upfront

My Cars
    BLK E39 540/6 95 AVUS M3
    Does anyone have a recommendation for an exhaust shop for my 335i in Miami?

My Cars
    bmw e30 & E65
    Does anyone know a shop in South Florida that will fit a M Tech 2 Body kit onto an E30 Vert ?

- - - Updated - - -

Ive been using Peter for several years now and I can confirm that whatever the issue with your car he will have knowledge and prior experience with fixing it. Ill give him 10/10 for work that he has done for me on my E30 and E65.

My Cars
    89 m3
    Orlando shop recommendations?
    _______
    89 m3
    08 535i

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    I normally go to this website to find the best oil changes in the area https://www.teigee.com/search/oil-ch...-palm-beach-fl . It's called Teigee and there you can find prices, descriptions, coupons, etc.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567