Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: South Florida Auto Shop Contact List and Reviews

My Cars
    '10 E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
    I know someone posted a place in Jupiter... any other place south of that but north of West Palm, zip code 33418? Hard to get a ride back home from anywhere more than 10 miles or so.... and if u guys take one to such a place, do u just get a ride with a friend or wait?

Thanks guys.
    I just dropped my car off at All European Auto on A1A in jupiter. Its right near where US 1, A1A come together by the jupiter inlet. Ill let you know how it goes. I had a friend take his e30 3 series there and they got it running really well and he said it looked like they did good service. Thats close to PBG.

My Cars
    e46 M3
    does anyone have any updates? Im having trouble finding a reputable shop i can trust down here in Miami for tuning.

hooRAH is offline Certified Ziptie Mechanic
    My Cars
    01 330Ci 5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboybisch View Post
    I just dropped my car off at All European Auto on A1A in jupiter. Its right near where US 1, A1A come together by the jupiter inlet. Ill let you know how it goes. I had a friend take his e30 3 series there and they got it running really well and he said it looked like they did good service. Thats close to PBG.
    Any updates on this shop? I will add the contact info, but would like to see a review. Thanks!
    01 330Ci 5spd / 07 Honda Pilot EX-L
    Will read/reset SRS codes in South Florida for beer money

My Cars
    01 330Ci 5spd
    Okay, I had planned on updating the listing today, but with the security settings on my browser at work, I can't edit the postings, so I will have to do it when I get home. Sorry guys.

Also, I will add another review of my own about Avenue Imports. Unfortunately, it is not favorable. I took my 01 330Ci to Rick at Avenue to have the stock CABs pressed out and the powerflex CABs pressed in. This is well within the scope of things I do myself, but decided I wanted a little time off from the garage and that I would pay someone to do it since I thought it was a simple job.

The guy at the shop, Dave (whom is supposed to be a BMW certified Master Tech), pressed them in backwards. In his defense, I never told him which way they went in, and oddly enough, there were no printed instructions in the box from bimmerworld. That said, any idiot could figure out how the 2 piece design worked and which way they went in. On top of that, as he was performing the work, the tech, Dave, told me I couldn't be in the bay for insurance reasons - so I told him if he had any questions to come get me.

So, driving home later that day, the bushings separated and I lost one of the cores. Now, I understand people make mistakes, and I'm not upset at him for doing it. What I am upset with was that when I went back and explained that I paid $150 for a service and now had to fix it all myself, their answer was "Oh, that 2 piece bushing is a bad design, thats why it came apart, I don't like those bushigns, its not our fault". The best I could get out of them was a $30 check for the core that I lost, they wouldn't cover anything else. By they, I mean the owner and his son, Tim and Tim Jr.

Unfortunately, I was not able to deal with the manager, Rick, for the refund, as he wasn't there that day. I feel that every time I go to that shop, I leave happy if I deal with Rick, and I leave quite upset if I have to talk to Tim or his son.

I believe the experience they (shop as a whole) have in working on cars is marginal at best. Without going into great detail, if you have a complicated problem and you decide to go there, you better make sure Dave (or another BMW tech) is working on the car. Some of the other hired hands have no business working on peoples cars, but thats just my opinion.

Bottom line is that I will never, ever go back to this shop unless I'm very desperate. Proceed with caution.

On a more positive note, they (Rick) reset my airbag light for free. I can't imagine anyone other than Rick wouldn't charge for something simple like that.

My Cars
    01 330Ci 5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by TheM3nsah View Post
    http://www.roadnrace.com/
    Peter Shadowen
    master mechanic
    very very very good at what he does, he may take a little while to get some jobs done if your his friend like i am, but oh my god the quality is superb. i have never had a problem with any car after taking it to him. he does everything from oil changes to full race car conversions.

4684 dyer blvd
    WPB fl, 33407
    561-845-6640
    I believe someone else recommended this shop by word of mouth, the address on Dyer blvd sounds very familiar. When I called, the guy who answered the phone said he was shutting down for awhile. It sounded like he said he had cancer and had to take a lot of time off, but I can't be sure.

Anyway, if so, good luck to him. I will try to confirm and then possibly take down the contact info if its true.

My Cars
    e46 M3
    South Florida is ridiculous when it comes down to any service, much less for auto service. If you dont get scammed, you get screwed by incompetence and lack of knowledge.

Anyways, seems the only shop I have never heard any complaints at any board is Foreign Affairs Motorsports up in Pompano. People say they charge a lot, people say that the managers/shop runners have an attitude problem, but noone complained on a job badly done...

Does anyone have opposite experience?

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    k thanks... i think i am just about getting desperate for a good mechanic that wont rip me off thats not 30 miles away. I just got tires, 17" 245's in the rear that rubbed against my fender, so i have to deal with that, what idiots.. do we all have to do hours of research and safety concerns before we make any little upgrade on parts??? I would think the guys DOING it should know whether it will work or not since THEY are the supposed experts, WTF????????????? Its like u have to be a &$%# BMW mechanic yourself to get any safe service around here. He wanted to put METAL SPACERS in there to take care of the rub!!!!!!!!!! thank god he was too incompetant to do it himself then, so i'm def not bringing it back there.

My Cars
    01 330Ci 5spd
    Foreign affairs auto seems to be pretty good based on some of the cars I've seen that have been worked on there.

I was at a track event in Sebring where I met a few guys from these boards with similar E46s to mine that had their cars serviced by Foreign Affairs. Taking a look under the hood, they had akebono brake setups with ATE superblue fluid - so it shows they have a good idea of whats going on with these cars, as thats a well known setup that works great.

Don't know anything about their prices or attitude though.

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    ya.... but pompano, palm beach gardens.... like 60 miles, hmmm... i have other good people in delray and wpb so... i jus would like a place that would be close enuff to give me a ride back so i dont have to ask a friend to drive me 40 miles somewhere and back.

My Cars
    1974 BMW 2002 (sold)

Thumbs up Any techs from Tampa?

I worked at Reeves Import Motorcars Inc. for a little over 5 years (as a BMW tech) and was wondering if any of the guys from Reeves are on this forum?

My Cars
    03 540i
    bowla motorworks off 95/oakland park is my indy...

great work... small little job but does it right and affordable!...

only complaint I have is , his shop is a bit far from my house... and that its better to call him and make an appoinment since he is a small shop... he might already have cars in there.

all in all... great guy... AL is his name

My Cars
    1997 328i E36
    Hey any word yet on how these guys are? i gotta take haul my car down to Delray Beach again, and hopefully my girl there can get away for a few to waste some time while they fix it.... sucks balls to be so far.
    Front: 225/45ZR
    Rear: 255/40ZR-17

Answerway.com

My Cars
    04 M3, 04 Avalanche
    Anyone use these guys?

http://www.deboldperformanceinc.com/

Anyone else from Ft Myers to Sarasota other than the ones already stated in this thread?

My Cars
    e46 M3
    I would like to add some updates for already listed shops:

1- Foreign Affairs Motorsports, Pompano, FL: The guy(Bob) didn't even give me a chance to get to the shop- he specifically said no warranty for parts provided by customers and that he very seldom installs something that he doesn't provide. I tried getting more information, but he never replied back. Correspondence was via email regarding suspension component installation. I know he is considered a tuner celebrity in South Fla by Porsche owners, but come on...
    Scorecard: Attitude = 0/10, didnt get to test the rest and probably never will

2- German car care, Miami, FL: Noone ever responded via email on my requests for service, and was on the phone on hold for longer time that I thought it was worth it.
    Scorecard: Attitude = 0/10, another one bites the dust...

3- German Motoring, Miami, FL: Same as no 2. I guess they are too busy assisting new prospect customers or going out of business.
    Scorecard: Attitude = 0/10, rest who cares....

4- Active Autowerke, Miami, FL: I had them install headers and they did a great job -very competent personnel, quick, yet not cheap, although I got a good discounted rate. Sales/customer folks were not too talkative, looked kinda bored, yet again if the service is good, who cares... Facility is very nice, clean and organized and all techs in there seem to love cars. They do have a little "we are the best modders" attitude, then again they do have products to back it up. They don't like folks hanging out at the service area when they work. I recommend this shop for engine mods, or harder installations- but prepare to pay $$$.
    Scorecard: Attitude: 7/10, Service and Competency: 10/10, Prices: 7/10

5- Redline BMW Racing, Pompano, FL: Rennie, the owner, is a great guy and he seems to have gathered a bunch of good techies. They do have the traditional mechanic approach (way laid back) and the facility is a mess, but they know what they are doing, and they are great guys. They don't mind folks looking at their work and checking things out. They only do BMWs and they know them quite well, no matter year of production. Definitely recommended- just watch out for any laid-back/laziness prone unintentional mistakes...
    Scorecard: Attitude:9/10, Service and Competency: 9/10, Prices: 8/10

6- Ken Heiden's Alignment Factory, Kendall, FL: Ken and his guys ONLY do alignments, but trust me they know their stuff. Simple place, equipped with hunter, they are all business. I have never seen such knowledgeable folks when it comes to alignment and prices are reasonable. Was recommended by a track buddy of mine, and they work on 1-2 BMWs per day, that's how pop they are among performance enthusiasts. Just make sure to call before getting there and setting up an appointment.
    Scorecard: Attitude: 9/10, Service and Competency: 10/10, Prices: 9/10

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Volan; 11-25-2008 at 12:38 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3, Mk2 GTI
    Shop Name: KAR-BAR PEFORMANCE AUTO
    Shop Phone: (954) 731-9450
    Specialty: BMW
    FORT LAUDERDALE,FL 33311
    Type of Work: General Maintenance/Repairs. Motor Swaps. Performance Tune's. Turbo Charger installs
    My review:
    I'm associated with the shop in the way that I have been going there since it started. The price is fair at 80/hr and the work is excellent, no matter the year of the BMW it can be worked on by them. The work is done in a timely manner and they fight to get you the lowest price on premium parts, something i haven't seen much shops do. Performance tunes and Diagnosis are provided by the Autologic systems, and the motor swaps are handled by the Head Mechanic. Swaps done so far: 1jz into e36 M3, S50 into e36 325i, 4g63 into Mirage, 4g63 into gen 2 eclipse, B18c into USDM Integra.

MODS
    1JZ, BC 264 cams, BC TI Springs and Retainers, Ferra Keepers, Arp Head Studs, Arp Main studs, Arp rod bolts, Custom Emerald Performance Dual Plenum intake, 70 mm TB, SC6169 T3 Turbo, full 3 inch SS exhaust, Ar5 Transmission, 60lb injectors, Walbro 400 fuel pump, GTR intercooler. Porsche Turbo Calipers, Gutted Tein SS coilovers with Koni Race shock inserts , Tein Pillowball Camber Plates, UUC Swaybarbarian bars....needs more mods and a tune!!!!

My Cars
    2004 Bmw 325 ci
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I can def. put this place "Kar-Bar Performance" in the top level of shops in South Florida. I had a horrible belt problem with my 325 ci and Otis and the whole crew took care of my car within no time. I was embarassed to drive my car down the street because of how loud my belts were sqeaking and vista bmw charges an arm and a leg so I gave them a shot and I def. was not disapointed. The atmosphere is def. a laid back vibe where you can have great conversation with the mechanics and it's an open door policy. If anyone in the area is in need of service or some "love" to their bmw bring it to Kar-Bar Performace you def. will not be disapointed.

My Cars
    '10 E92 M3
    Has anyone tried Eurotech in West Palm Beach?

The address if 2354 N Military Trail.

I was recommended to try there or RoadnRace (I hear they do great work).

My Cars
    I'll tell you later.
    Hello all, new to the forum thanx to kevlar, was hoping someone would know of a bodyshop that knows and works on e30, need to restore mine

My Cars
    90 m3
    I went to http://www.motorsports-group.com/ which you guys have listed as rgr motorsports but it was awesome.They did awesome work fabbing up a rear subframe fix for a m coupe top notch stuff

My Cars
    '10 E92 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by specialtyauto View Post
    I went to http://www.motorsports-group.com/ which you guys have listed as rgr motorsports but it was awesome.They did awesome work fabbing up a rear subframe fix for a m coupe top notch stuff
    Do they do regular work on vehicles or only fabrication type work? I believe they are in Jupiter as well correct?

My Cars
    90 m3
    Yes they are in jupiter they will do regular work but i think they're more towards racecar stuff.TOP notch work tho

My Cars
    1993 850ci,1974 E9
    i do diagnostics on OBD I and obd II bimmers til 2001 in the vero beach/ palm bay area.
    PM me if interested
    Last edited by carspainc.com; 04-30-2009 at 11:40 AM.

My Cars
    '10 E92 M3
    I ended up taking my car to The Motorsports Group in Jupiter after a relatively horrible experience with the people at All European Auto. I brought my car in for a steering wheel shake and $3,000 later still have a shake, yet not i have a new radiator, ignition switch, A/C unit etc. After I left, i noticed they had taken off my license plate frame and replaced it with one of theirs. Not the end of the world, but a customer should get the choice if you are stealing my stuff and placing your advertising on my vehicle. My A/C system about 5 mins from their shop shut off and stopped working. Got home and realized it blew a fuse. Swapped fuses and tried to see if it worked. Within about 10 mins blew another fuse after driving around the neighborhood. Swapped fuses again with no avail. This one blew almost instantly. Obviously there is a short in all the systems they swapped. Proceeded to call and explain what happened. The owner agreed to look at the car. So i brought it back and the mechanic proceeded to argue with me saying he is master technician and does not make mistakes. We are human bud, we all make mistakes whether you have master in front of your title or not is what Im thinking. Anyways he proceeds to blame the short on my aftermarket parts. I told him I have had HID lights in here for almost 8 years and never had a problem. You worked on my car and i blow fuses for my A/C system after you were swapping parts in the A/C system. He refuses to accept that an answer and i told the owner that i do not want to deal with the mechanic anymore. Anyways they proceeded to look at the car and say my ignition switch was going and needed to be replaced. So they swapped that and it solved the fuse issue. But after bringing in my car for a steering wheel shake, I have a brand new cooling system and some motor mounts and still a shake. Needless to say the owner argued with me, the mechanic argued with me, always telling me I am wrong and do not know anything about my vehicle. Great customer service!!! BS!

SO do not go to All European Auto in Jupiter. Not worth the hassle, time and money.

I next tried the Motorsports Group in Jupiter.

UPDATE :
    So continuing my work with Motorsports Group left a terrible impression and I cannot recommend them anymore for the following reasons.
    1. They do not inform you of what's going on with your car and you must be proactive about talking to them and often they don't answer the phone or call you back.
    2. They had my car for over 8 weeks, and I had to bring it back more than 3 times because items were loose, not installed correctly etc.
    3. They installed parts from brands that I did not ask for. I asked for GC trailing arm limiters and they instead installed ones from Turner that are more expensive and require labor.
    4. They have double charged my credit card twice for two separate bills. The last one they wrote me a check that bounced to cover the double charge so now I am having to fight the credit card company.
    5. They have a habit of wanting to just perform work that you have not approved on the vehicle, although helpful to note such things, you must inform a customer before performing work on the vehicle, not just do the work and tell them later.
    6. The shop seems to cater to those that have large bank rolls and can afford doing anything so if you have little money (I am a student and just trying to keep my car running) stay away.
    7. Customer service is some of the worst I have received in the automotive world. So be careful.
    Last edited by drummerboybisch; 11-17-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Continued Work

My Cars
    1998 BMW M3 Coupe
    Has anyone used Bimmershop on NW 20th st. in Miami? Cool name, and they're down the street from the Braman dealership.
    "His reputation is expanding faster than the universe; he once had an awkward moment just to see how it feels; he lives vicariously through himself; he is the most interesting man in the world"

My Cars
    330cic
    I've had bad experiences at All European as well. Stay away.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast