Thread: E32 Central Locking

My Cars
    BMW 730i E32

E32 Central Locking

Can somebody help? The central locking on my 730i has just started playing up. The problem is when I lock the car either with the remote or the key all the doors lock except the drivers door. When you go to open the car, the locks on the doors that did lock unlock then immediatly lock again. To open the passenger door and the rear doors once you have locked them you have to unlock the car allow the locks to unlock then immediately lock themselves then unlock the car for a second time.

Is this something I can fix myself?

My Cars
    91' 735iL, 71 Chevelle 350
    Yes this has happened to me when my e32 was in storage. all the doors locked but the passengers. put your key in the door that wont lock and in the locking motion, force the lock mechanism to go down. this usually takes a little force but keep going. Remember turn the key towards the lock position in the door but far enough to force it down

My Cars
    see signature
    Hey, why would the doors lock when you put down the windows or slam the driver's door?

My Cars
    BMW 730i E32
    Hi

The lock is being totally stubbon and will not lock when you put the windows down or slam the door.

My Cars
    BMW 730i E32
    Thanks Blue32, that worked a treat.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    That is very clear. The door locks unlocks again because the general module gets a signal that one door is not locked. That could be a microswitch on the doorlock or something else.
    Microswitch has to give a feedback to the GM that the door is locked.
    Could be a broken door bracket or just a out of position microswitch.
    See here under body
    http://bmwe32.masscom.net/
    The GM design has beem later changed to omit this function, so if you have a GM built after 09/1991, that function of unlocking a second time is no more.

Remove the door panel in any case, you cannot use the force every time, one day your door will be locked and maybe the key breaks.
    repair it now.

Last by not least could be a broken wire in the cable loom into the door under the rubber sleeve. Remove the rubber and see for broken cables there where it goes from the A-pillar into the door.
    http://www.7-forum.com/forum/24/repa...me-114388.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by shogun; 07-18-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!

My Cars
    2001 Subaru OBW
    That actually worked (the press it down a little)...I didn't use much pressure at all, but if it does it again I'll take the panel apart.

My Cars
    11/88 E32 750iL+98 E36M3
    Another problem that the locking system is not working are the small grommets in the linkage system. Just fixed today the passenger door of my buddy's B12
    08 Grommet 2 51211937233 black ones, a bit bigger than white ones
    08 Grommet 2 52208238999 white
    13 Grommet 4 52208238999 white
    details here https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...a-door-problem
    Shogun tricks and tips for the E32 series are HERE!