For those who don't know, I got it used, 2003 with 40+ on the ODO. It's been a great ride - sluggish, but great. Anyway, I just noticed last week that dual exhaust is really NOT. The bad stuff only comes out of one exhaust pipe and the other one (the right exhaust tip) is just for show.

The one issue I have (and this started from day one) is that the car tries to buck during first starts in the morning. It didn't bother me so much, thinking it was BMW's way of limiting starting emissions to minimum. But now that I'm out of warranty, most times the computer will catch the problem and adjust, but a few times it'll stall outright and start immediately on second try. If I give it a tiny bit of gas during first try it does fine - now I don't think this has anything to do with emissions!!!! Of course, it does this more during the warmer months. I don't believe this is normal. So, why does it do this? I've been through one major service (when I purchased the car) and one minor service. Everything is stock. Thanks for any help you can provide.