Thread: Question on taking out the kidney grills and bumper grill.

My Cars
    ESS supercharged e92 M3

Question Question on taking out the kidney grills and bumper grill.

How do i take out the kidney grills and the bumper grill? I just went to the home depot and picked up some mesh and i'm going to spray paint it black. thanks...bob
    ESS supercharged e92 m3

HA

been there done that......for kidneys....poop hood, unscrew that front cover thing in the center towards the front of the car, and then you should be able to see how the kidneys are connected and work with them to pop them out........im assuming u have M3 front bumper....youve got to remove the bumper to access the grills......the stock one is fastened in there with these little rings all around the grill.......i painted and installed some mesh myself-to the maint center front grill as well as in the brake duct areas to either side......looks nice i htink and ill post some pics soon cause there a nother thread ive got to get some pics on

My Cars
    Not a BMW
    For the kidneys, just punch them out, they pop right out. Yes, punch out the grills, the surrounded pop forward and the grills pop backwards, that is what the bentley says. I done this to my car to paint the surrounds black.

khoa
    Clear Corners and Tires are not considered a modification.

My Cars
    ESS supercharged e92 M3
    Ok i know how to take out the kidney grills but i'm still confused on the bumper.....Khoalty i dont' really understand your discription. I do have the stock e36 bumper. Thanks for the help guys ...:p
    ESS supercharged e92 m3

My Cars
    Not a BMW
    Hey bro,
    IM me or email at khoalty@yahoo.com, my account email here doesn't work anymore but I need to change it but I can't.

Well here it goes for removing the bumper.
    I suppose you have the M3 bumper.
    You need to remove all your moldings on the bumper.
    You will see 4 bolts there. You need to go under your car and take off teh splash shield, about 8 screws down there. Remove your fog lights. Inside the wheel well there is one screw you need to remove each side. The plastic inside the wheel well you need to kinda pry out when you take the bumper off. When you have all the screws off take the bumper off slowly, the temp sensor is hooked on the driver side brake duct. That should be it.

Khoa

My Cars
    ESS supercharged e92 M3
    thanks man but i don't have the m3 bumper i have the normal 3 series one. anyway damn that sounds like a lot of work for stupid mesh...i don't even know if it will look good. ahhh i guess i'll do the kidneys and see if i like it then tackle the bumper...thanks for the help
    ESS supercharged e92 m3

My Cars
    Not a BMW
    Seed has the mesh on the 3 series bumper. It looks okay, I like it.
    If you search the archives, there should be a post somewhere on the board.

Khoa

My Cars
    Here is a link to my web page on how to take out the kidneys.
    Grill Removal

I have a book on how to take off the bumper, but have never done it, so I am not going to be very much help in this field.

My Cars
    ESS supercharged e92 M3
    ahhh darn i pretty much know how to do the kidneys but i'm so lazy and don't feel like taking my whole bumper off just for mesh....hah :p good site hyperion thanks
    ESS supercharged e92 m3