Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Average cost of complete paint job

My Cars
    96 BMW Z3

Average cost of complete paint job

I was thinking of getting the car repainted again, and I was wondering how much would it cost me around since the car is due for paint job.

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT

My Cars
    2002 M Roadster
    If you haven't reinforced your subframe, I'd do that first.

Mods: Kumho ECSTA MXs (stock sizes), H&R Coilovers, Turner Brake Package with Stainless Brake Lines

My Cars
    2002 M Roadster
    Whoa, I didn't relize you had a '96. Wow, how is she running?

Mods: Kumho ECSTA MXs (stock sizes), H&R Coilovers, Turner Brake Package with Stainless Brake Lines

My Cars
    E36, E36/8
    Spent 2 grand on mine.

My Cars
    1999 z3 coupe - black
    Lots of factors. Keeping the same color is much less expensive. Are you going to remove all the trim for a new paint job, or tape? Lots of labor to remove everything and reinstall afterwards, but it's a better quality result.

My Cars
    02 996 cab, 08 E350
    There is no single answer. It all depends on the car and the shop. For an older car that isn't going to be a show car, you may be able to find a free-lance painter who has access to a booth, prep the car yourself, and get by for $1K or so. Paint is expensive, and the proper environment and protective equipment is necessary. If you want a first-class job with panels removed, all dings taken out, and the shop doing the prep, it could run north of $5K. I was watching "Wrecks to Riches" last night, and they polished out a badly painted trunklid because, as the guy commented, it costs $700 to paint a panel these days.

My Cars
    79 928
    I’m about to have mine repainted also. It helps if you remove everything yourself so there isn’t as much work for the body shop. Just remember all those parts are going to look terrible against the new paint when you put them back on. lol Budget some money for lights, badges, trim, ect.

My Cars
    96 BMW Z3
    The 96 still runs great! I thought that would be a good investment for the car and I have a couple of paychecks to spend. Sad to see how fast they go away these days

I am going to bring it to a couple of shops and get a quote. Hopefully it will go well, and pictures afterwards.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Here is a good thread by Randy on the other forum.

Joe

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...ighlight=paint

My Cars
    1963 BMW Z3 Roadster
    I was also going to ask the how much $$ paint job would be and saw someone asking how the 1996 runs. I have had my 96 Z3 for about 3 years now. (I hope I don't jinx myself by saying this) First week I bought her, the slave cylinder clutch went out. Luckily I have a BMW mechanic as a friend. He was able to do the repair in the yard w/his own tools. Other than oil change, etc. Mine runs great. She's got 108,000 miles now. Only problem is there is a freon leak in A/C. It's apparently in a spot that we can't find where unless its all taken apart, which would cost me $$ in labor probably.
    My uncle could fix it if we could just find the leak source. Unfortunately, I live in a HOT, HOT, HOT state in the spring/summer months. Whew!

My Cars
    1963 BMW Z3 Roadster

Cool DIY cleaning of headlight covers??

I just joined this forum today, so I'll search for my question, but thought i'd go ahead and post a question. I've heard something about cleaning the headlight covers w/toothpaste? Mine are foggy looking. Any suggestions?

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by kkd148 View Post
    I just joined this forum today, so I'll search for my question, but thought i'd go ahead and post a question. I've heard something about cleaning the headlight covers w/toothpaste? Mine are foggy looking. Any suggestions?
    Please use the search function. This topic has been covered many times on its own.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by kkd148 View Post

Mequiars plastic polish makes mine look new.

My Cars
    01 S54 Roadster
    Mequiars plastic polish makes mine look new.
    +1

My Cars
    79 928
    Average cost of complete paint job
    $50 lol I had forgot about this guy.

http://www.rickwrench.com/50dollarpaint.html

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    jesus, the time involved for a $50 paintjob!

My Cars
    00' Bmw M Coupe, Chevy s10, 04 GMC Canyon Crew Cab
    The shop I work at we generally charge 3k for over all jobs thats usually include prep, tear down and doing jambs of the vehicle. When you start including doing repairs that can add up.
    Last edited by GriMSysTeM; 06-01-2007 at 07:04 PM.
    ~Aaron
    "I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal."

My Cars
    Z3 and Z4 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by timisu87 View Post
    I was thinking of getting the car repainted again, and I was wondering how much would it cost me around since the car is due for paint job.

Repainted... Again... ?? How many times have you painted it? Are there acid rain problems where you live?
    Drink wine! BMW CCA #373875 - 2007 M Coupe (project) - 2000 Z3 Coupe - 2015 Impreza wagon

My Cars
    96 BMW Z3
    I got keyed pretty bad 2 months ago. So I was like why not just redo the whole thing but I was going around quoting a price and they are pretty high. I think I am going to just repaint the panels that were keyed, the whole hood too.

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8 Individual, 06 Xterra 4x4
    Quote Originally Posted by z3feaver View Post

Best part "I can say, with confidence, the stripe is worth at least 5-7 rwhp. " hahah - I know pictures lie, but that doesn't look half bad. Not that I'd do it to any of my cars.

1998 BMW Z3 2.8 Individual Santorinblau II (327) with DINAN CAI and Stage II

My Cars
    Z3 and Z4 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by skidder View Post
    Best part "I can say, with confidence, the stripe is worth at least 5-7 rwhp. " hahah - I know pictures lie, but that doesn't look half bad. Not that I'd do it to any of my cars.
    I was thinking the same thing, but like hell I'd do that to my car!
    Drink wine! BMW CCA #373875 - 2007 M Coupe (project) - 2000 Z3 Coupe - 2015 Impreza wagon

My Cars
    '05 GTO
    Quote Originally Posted by z3feaver View Post

I am SO gonna do that. I have a truck worth <$1000 that I'm getting ready to sell. It's a mishmash of different color & primer painted panels. I'll just grab a few stripping discs for my angle grinder, a can of Rustoleum, and I'll be set. It'll add a few hundred $$ to value, I bet.

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe, '04 Subaru WRX

Just had my coupe re-painted!

I just had my '99 M Coupe re-painted and the job ran a little shy of $4k, which included extensive bodywork, so the earlier post which quoted a figure of $3k is pretty accurate.

That said, it also depends on where you live. I had my Coupe done in N. Conway, NH ( @ Motorsports Plus ), so the job cost me less than if I had it done in Boston ( plus no tax ).

I'm very happy with the job that was done, so anyone in NorthEast looking for a re-paint shouldn't hesitate to contact Jim at Motorsports Plus in N. Conway ( 603.356.4790 ).

Ciao,
    /tony
    '99 M Coupe
    '04 WRX Wagon
    '04 IF Crown Jewel Ti
    ( all blue )

My Cars
    Tundra ///M Coupe & R6
    when my car was keyed, they wanted to repaint the whole car, at a cost of $5400 I believe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast