Thread: New Z4 Owner + First Question

My Cars
    2012 BMW 750Li

New Z4 Owner + First Question

To be more accurate, I'm a new Z4 lessee as we've just assumed the lease of an '06 3.0si, black on red, with 10,300 mi on the odo; 6-speed manual with Sport & Premium packages.

We've had convertibles/roadsters for a while now ('97 328i cab, '01 Boxster S, and lastly an '04 SL500 just sold last November) but with the arrival of our daughter 13 months ago, we decided to try to be responsible and not get another impractical car for the whole family.

But then the weather warmed up...

So we dipped our toes into the lease assmption market and found this Z4 in the next town with 11 months remaining on the lease so we're trying it out. If we can live with it and love the car, we'll either buy it out or extend the lease; or get another one after finding out we can have a convertible while functioning as parental units.

Just got the car this morning so have one quick question: where do the members tend to put their owner's manual packet? Never have I had a car where the glove compartment can BARELY fit a pair of gloves...

TIA for any and all input...

(Do please excuse me as I'll be cross posting in the ZPost forum as well if you should visit both...)
    Roy

'12 BMW 750Li

My Cars
    '06 E90, '07 E85

If you want to keep the whole packet with you

all you need do is open the floor of the trunk (lift up near the right side) and slip the zipped BMW pack into the space directly in back of the battery. It's a perfect fit.

My Cars
    Z4 Toledo Blue

Mine is in the trunk

Good suggestion on the battery storage area. I keep mine in the side corner of the trunk...it's easily accessible, and hasn't slid from that spot.

Enjoy your Z!

My Cars
    2004 Z4 3.0i & 2002 325Ci 'vert
    I keep it at home and just put the little spiral-bound condensed version in the glove box with the wheel lock key, registration and those velcro discs I never got around to installing for the mats.

My Cars
    BMW Z4 2.5, Isetta 300, Fiat 600D, Subaru 360
    I keep mine in the net behind the driver's seat. I think this comes with the convenience pkg.

My Cars
    Z4
    I stored mine under the passenger seat. Makes it accessible from the drivers seat if needed, and still allows full range of motion for the seat.