Thread: bmw key

My Cars
    N/A

Exclamation bmw key

Well I called up the dealer asking about how much a master key would be and he said $109-125!! : : He said they code it and send it from Germany. Is it really that expensive or is the dealer trying to pull a fast one on me?? Thanks in advance.

My Cars
    Z3 2.3, Isetta 300
    No BS...but they are actually coded in Jersey....
    EX-NASA SpecE30 Racer---NASA Florida Certified Instructor

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Call another dealer and see how their prices compare.
    '99 ///M3 13.766 @ 100.12
    Gruppe M style CF intake, Eisenmann Race exhaust, Kosei K1's, Motorsport side molding badges, Rieger gt cup front spoiler, OEM ///M5 trunk lip spoiler, 6000k HID+Predator Chromium angel eyes w/parking light delete, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks, Eibach springs, Rogue Engineering RSM's

My Cars
    Turbo M3
    I paid 49 or 59 i believe for a new master key at my dealership.

My Cars
    whats for sale ?
    they charge more for the key with the light in it. But a reg key without a light is like 50 bucks.

My Cars
    Turbo M3
    i got a light master key, i know for a fact i didnt pay more than 80

Paradise Hotel located on Temptation Island
    My Cars
    '
    I went to my dealer, and for the key with the light in it, they said it would cost $50

BMW Cigar And Gun Club Member #7

My Cars
    Sold my 325is Just M for now.
    Just bought a key without light $33 for the light it was $8 more.
    1997 M3
    Bilstien Shocks Spring Kit (Lowered)
    ACS Wheels 18"
    ACS E= Brake
    ACS Short Shifter
    ACS Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler
    ACS Peddles
    Dinan Chip
    Dinan CAI
    Dinan Stabalizer Bars
    Remus Exhaust
    Lightly Tinted Windows (Looks Factory)
    Euro Lights All around BMW Original
    Clairion DVD Surround Unit with 7" Screen.
    Eclipse Separates and MTX Sub
    I Love This Car

My M3

My Cars
    '95 M3 '00 M Coupe
    how can i get one with the light? they say that they stopped makeing that key. give me the number of the dealer that got it for u please. email HockyPmp10@aol.com
    [oo]|[||][||]|[oo]
    '95 M3 Cosmos Schwarz Metallic on Dove Grey: AA CAI, AA bump up kit, Euro HFM, JC chip, AA track pipe, AA Gen III exhaust, AA ltw flywheel and clutch package, X brace, front strut brace, Koni SA shocks, H&R sport springs, GC RSMs, 71 deg T-stat, aluminium housing, JT-D underpanel, Hamann black out grill kit, oem euro lights all around, 18" BBS RC 10s, UUC motorwerks pulley kit, 3 spoke steering wheel, silverstar H1s fog light bulbs, ZKWs w/CCFL, Prolumen 4300k HIDs, Powerflex RTAB and LCAB
    (<oo\(||][||)/oo>)
    '00 M Coupe Oxford Green II Metallic Sunroof Delete on Oregon Beige: (under construction)

My Cars
    95 M3, 10 335
    ya how do i get the light in my master key?
    http://www2.freepichosting.com/Images/421543623/0.jpg[PHP]

My Cars
    96 328is 5spd
    you just buy them that way. the version with a light in it has a blue and white bmw logo on it that you push down to turn on the light rather than just a stamp of a bmw logo on the black portion of the key.

My Cars
    Too many.
    I paid $43.25 at the dealer for the lighted key. No clue why your dealer quoted you such a high price.

Part # 51 21 8 205 311

My Cars
    N/A
    $43.25 That sounds more reasonable. I think the dealer was just trying to catch a sucker to I'll try another dealer. Thanks for all the input guys.

My Cars
    95 M3
    Yeah, shop around for some dealers. The highest I've seen at my dealers have been no more than $50.

And yeah, it is coded in Jersey at their Woodcliff Lake HQ.
    Sardil

'95 M3

My Cars
    '95 M3 '00 M Coupe
    i know what the key looks like but what dealer still sells the lighted key bc i want one and my dealer is telling me that they stopped makeing them and r not selling them.
    [oo]|[||][||]|[oo]
    '95 M3 Cosmos Schwarz Metallic on Dove Grey: AA CAI, AA bump up kit, Euro HFM, JC chip, AA track pipe, AA Gen III exhaust, AA ltw flywheel and clutch package, X brace, front strut brace, Koni SA shocks, H&R sport springs, GC RSMs, 71 deg T-stat, aluminium housing, JT-D underpanel, Hamann black out grill kit, oem euro lights all around, 18" BBS RC 10s, UUC motorwerks pulley kit, 3 spoke steering wheel, silverstar H1s fog light bulbs, ZKWs w/CCFL, Prolumen 4300k HIDs, Powerflex RTAB and LCAB
    (<oo\(||][||)/oo>)
    '00 M Coupe Oxford Green II Metallic Sunroof Delete on Oregon Beige: (under construction)

My Cars
    1997 BMW 528i
    The dealer in San Diego CA told me 220 for a new key and this was BMW OF SAN DIEGO (so I asked about the 10 keys they program to your car and put 8 up and give you 2 how can I get a hold of the other 8 he told me I would have to pay for a key first then if they check and see I haven't used all 10 keys they would give me my money back) my thing is why can't they check by just using my vin number

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    I paid $175 Canadian for mine. Bloody rip off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ()()===[][]===()()

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3
    Good Gawd (to both the thread revival AND the price). I was looking to get a second key...one with the light...but not sure they are even available anymore being that this conversation was being had 14 years ago...

1995 BMW M3/2/5 - Alpine White - Vaders - Stage II Maxsil Pistons, Chipped, 24# Injectors, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and heated door locks!

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkM3 View Post
    Good Gawd (to both the thread revival AND the price). I was looking to get a second key...one with the light...but not sure they are even available anymore being that this conversation was being had 14 years ago...
    History repeats itself right! M3 forum is dead so threads will pop up from the grave.

()()===[][]===()()

My Cars
    08' M5 & 98' M3
    Price seems to have gone up substantially over the past decade. Last year, my dealer quoted me $250 for a new master key.

Jon
    08' BMW M5 (Alpine white/Indy red) - Dinan/Brembo/Corsa/Forgestar/Vorsteiner/3M/Dinmann/SMG
    98' BMW M3 (Dakar yellow/black) - Dinan/RMS/Vortech/Work/Denon/Brax/Helix/3M/Recaro/Stoptech/AST/6MT/3.91 LSD

BMW 325isA (gone but not forgotten)
    ACS Type II front bumper-ACS Type II sport mirrors-ACS Type II roof spoiler-ACS Type I rear apron-ACS rear wing-ACS pedals/dead pedal-ACS wood gear knob-ACS wood trim-ACS badges-BBS RS II 18's-TMS chip-ECIS intake/cover-RMS exhaust-Dinan transmission chip-ERT crank pulley-ZKW/DDEII/Phillips 6000k Hids-Kenwood eXcelon head/CD changer-Alpine sound field processor-PPI Art amps-MBQ speakers-Infinity 10' sub-Alpine 8070 alarm-Chrome trunk lid-Chrome gauge rings-In Pro smoked corners-BMW OEM clear tails-M3 mouldings-M3 floor mats-M3 door sills-M3 Lux wood trim-M3 rear sway-X brace-Koni shocks-Bav Auto springs-JTD RSMs-Front/rear strut braces-E46 front grills-Kamei eyelids-Kamei cf door handles-tinted windows-German ECC plate

My Cars
    '95 M3 / '03 X3
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch500 View Post
    History repeats itself right! M3 forum is dead so threads will pop up from the grave.

It's funny; a lot of the things I'm getting into with my '95 m3 are discussed in 10 year old threads...so I'm probably annoyingthe bejesus out of people, haha

1995 BMW M3/2/5 - Alpine White - Vaders - Stage II Maxsil Pistons, Chipped, 24# Injectors, MagnaFlow Exhaust, and heated door locks!

My Cars
    99 M3 / 95 325i
    I just got a new key for my e36 325 for roundabout $70.....From the dealer ..The M3 keys are the same

Not sure what this $150+ mumbo jumbo is about

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    -Chris