Thread: Looking for Original Owner of this e36 Sedan

Looking for Original Owner of this e36 Sedan

My friend just purchased this car and we KNOW it was enthusiast owned. We are trying to find out about the history (good and bad)and the exact mods done to it. What we know so far:

-1997 Estoril Sedan, 53K miles
    -East Coast Car (Boston Area?), but it is now in California!
    -Dinan Cold Air Intake
    -Dinan Front Strut Brace
    -Clutch Stop
    -ShortShift Kit
    -AC Schnitzer 17" Wheels
    -Blue Schroth Harness (Driver and Passenger Side)
    -Suspension appears to be stock, but its been tweaked to Negative Camber and Caster
    -Euro Floating Rotors, and looks like RedStuff Pads

BTW: My friend is having an absolute blast with the car! Its an absolute monster in the twisties.

Thanks,
    Sam

My Cars
    Wuper Tuper Fuper
    Okay, thanks for the last picture -- that helps with what I'm trying to do. Now, I thought that you should NOT put a 4-pt like that. You want the harness to be parallel to the floor. Is this okay since non-racing seats are being used?

My Cars
    Roller Blades
    You might want to try to get in touch with your dealer and have them run the service history. The history will tell you where the car was serviced, then contact that dealership to get the previous owner information. but I doubt they will share that with you. Best bet is to ask that dealership to forward your contact information to the previous owner and ask him/her to contact you.

Good luck!

Where the hammers rung news cameras never come.NYC
    My Cars
    98m3, 03m3
    does it have an alpine radio(iva-c800)?

My Cars
    911 Turbo
    Do you have any straight on side shots of the car? I want to see what the 17"s would look like on my car!

Thanks
    Rob - '88 400hp/tq Porsche 930
    Former Objects of Obsession: '91 Acura NSX, '90 Porsche C2 Cab, '98 BMW M3/4, '86 Porsche 944
    "There are leaders and there are followers... life really is simple isn't it?"

My Cars
    '94 740i
    Very nice.

My Cars
    1997 M3
    That car is so clean. Look at that engine bay. Did you clean it or what, If so how?

NoSoup4U: Definitely make it parallel to the ground... You want the belt sung across the hips, not your stomach. We just dug the belts out from under the seat to take the pic; we didn't adjust it at all.

mooluv810: Thanks for the tip... Will give it a try

M3RACER: No, it currently has the stock headunit with the Harmon Kardon speakers. BTW: Can the display be fixed? Radio works, but radio panel does not light up.

///MCosmos: This is currently the closest picture I have... Will try to get my friend to take some more when it stop raining.

nodemgr: THANKS! The blue is probably one of my favorite (next to the Dakar Yellow; has anyone seen a Yellow Sedan?)

///MLife: The engine bay was already clean when we got it, I think they steamcleaned it to get the gunk off, then carefully wiped it down with some rags afterward.

-Sam

My Cars
    E36
    Originally posted by actionj_99
    The blue is probably one of my favorite (next to the Dakar Yellow; has anyone seen a Yellow Sedan?)
    Steve Hazard, one of the Boston Chapter's hot-shoe autocrossers, has one, and I believe that Brian Leib's first M3/4 before his current white one was also DakarII.

- -Matt, make mine Avus please
    Sig removed by user.