Thread: 97 M3 vs Lexus GS400

My Cars
    M3
    Whoever tells you they'll beat you in a stock Lexus GS 400 tell him he's whacked, unless something is up with his car...
    I took off the line in my 97 M3 (221rwHP/225 Ft-lb) with passenger (Fat girlfriend...jk) very slowly and shifted at like 15mph...the GS400 next to me began to TAKE OFF in 1st so from second (didn't have time to shift down, plus I'd probably peel out all over the place) gear I just punched it and still kept up with his 1st gear. Once his car went into second I just started to walk away. By 3rd gear it was all over. I just wish I could have floored it in first. 225 ft-lb@4000 RPM with a 10.5-lb flywheel would have embarrassed this car for sure.

In Miami I also beat one pretty easily (had less mods) once crossing bridge into South Beach. I thought he'd keep up with the 300bhp, but he had 2 passengers and I had one (ex gf) that was shouting her lungs out at me for racing. "Well I'm sorry! But this damn Lexus just came out!" CYA>PM3
    Last edited by PM3; 03-07-2001 at 12:07 PM.
    pm332@hotmail.com

My Cars
    Currently Breaking My Wallet
    Nice car, but it just doesnt have the ommph one would expect form a 4 liter V-8, Except it could prolly kick my ass. . . . oh, well ///M's reprensent for the rest o' us!
    Last edited by mpbmw318is; 03-07-2001 at 05:26 PM.
    Old in mind, knees, and liver.

My Cars
    03 Evo
    Pablo, wtf, were you doing with your car in Florida??
    Vishal

'03 Track Evo
    '97 Eurosport TS M3 - Sold
    [Track Videos]

My Cars
    M3
    Originally posted by V Shah
    Pablo, wtf, were you doing with your car in Florida??
    I lived there from 08/97-6/98...worked in Key Biscayne as a tennis instructor. Came back here lived in Costa Mesa until 11/98 and then moved back home to finish school here in Redlands. I miss Miami!!!
    pm332@hotmail.com

My Cars
    BMW 530i
    pablo, you go to Redlands university?

I was considering going there, because i liked the campus, but only thing that deterred me to go somewhere else is the location... hehe redlands is located pretty far from civilization. Dope ass campus tho, i liked it.

laterss.
    Richard

My Cars
    M3
    Originally posted by Black Majik
    pablo, you go to Redlands university?

I was considering going there, because i liked the campus, but only thing that deterred me to go somewhere else is the location... hehe redlands is located pretty far from civilization. Dope ass campus tho, i liked it.

laterss.
    Yes! I went there for my last 3 semesters of college and played tennis there. It's a real cool school. Very personal/small and easy to get to know the teachers. The school is also VERY sports orientated..granted it's grown considerably in the past two years, but when I was there, over 500 of the 1500 students were involved in an intercollegiate sport!
    I am sort of from this area (24 yrs) so I love it, but iI can understand what ya mean..CYA>PM3
    pm332@hotmail.com