Thread: Videos: stock 328i vs modded Jetta VR6

My Cars
    e46 M3 6MT

Videos: stock 328i vs modded Jetta VR6

Hey,
    I did a couple of races against my buddy.
    My 328i is completely stock when it comes to performance, other than the airbox debaffle, which i'm pretty sure doesn't really do anything except make the car sound louder.
    He's got an intake, exhaust, chip and a couple of other minor mods.
    We didn't have much room to race on as this empty industrial road wasn't that long. Sorry about the size of these videos, they're uncompressed
    Run 1.
    I launched with traction control on by accident, got the launch on him and pulled by about 0.5-1 car length, then we couldnt pull on each other. I came in ahead, but then had to brake cause we ran out of road.
    http://www.iknowanton.com/pics/BMW/MOV02500.MPG

Run 2.
    Launched with traction control off, got the launch again, then we couldnt pull on each other. had to break for the road again
    http://www.iknowanton.com/pics/BMW/MOV02502.MPG

Run 3 on a slightly longer road
    Got the launch on him again, then hit the rev limiter in 2nd, which allowed him to catch up. Dead even for the rest of the way until I had to break for a huge pothole.
    http://www.iknowanton.com/pics/BMW/MOV02508.MPG

Nothing too crazy, but it was fun

Ground Control Street/School coilovers, 19" HRE 441R wheels, ACS exhaust
    2DIN touchscreen carputer, Bimmian CF E-brake handle, Titanium CF Trim, Illuminated ZHP knob, BMW Performance SSK, 2-way Compustar
    Clear turn signals, LED license plate lights, LED tails, 3000k HID fogs, angel eyes, matte grills, CF Emblems etc

My Cars
    Bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic0n View Post
    Hey,
    I did a couple of races against my buddy.
    My 328i is completely stock when it comes to performance, other than the airbox debaffle, which i'm pretty sure doesn't really do anything except make the car sound louder.
    He's got an intake, exhaust, chip and a couple of other minor mods.
    We didn't have much room to race on as this empty industrial road wasn't that long. Sorry about the size of these videos, they're uncompressed
    Run 1.
    I launched with traction control on by accident, got the launch on him and pulled by about 0.5-1 car length, then we couldnt pull on each other. I came in ahead, but then had to brake cause we ran out of road.
    http://www.iknowanton.com/pics/BMW/MOV02500.MPG

Run 2.
    Launched with traction control off, got the launch again, then we couldnt pull on each other. had to break for the road again
    http://www.iknowanton.com/pics/BMW/MOV02502.MPG

Run 3 on a slightly longer road
    Got the launch on him again, then hit the rev limiter in 2nd, which allowed him to catch up. Dead even for the rest of the way until I had to break for a huge pothole.
    http://www.iknowanton.com/pics/BMW/MOV02508.MPG

Nothing too crazy, but it was fun
    I did similar runs also on industrial road against highly modified vr6 with my stock 325 ix. Thou it was Corrado not Jetta.

Our races were maybe little bit longer. The vr6 was multiple carlenghts behind.
    After the races he said in the end he started to catch up.

This proves that the ix is indeed in the M3 zone .

Nice runs

My Cars
    E36, MKII
    what generation was it?
    But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin real hard.

My Cars
    E36, MKII
    Quote Originally Posted by hono View Post

false... i'd don your flame suit right about now
    But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin real hard.

My Cars
    e46 M3 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by medik212 View Post
    what generation was it?
    It was this one. MK4, I believe? I think it's a 1998

Ground Control Street/School coilovers, 19" HRE 441R wheels, ACS exhaust
    2DIN touchscreen carputer, Bimmian CF E-brake handle, Titanium CF Trim, Illuminated ZHP knob, BMW Performance SSK, 2-way Compustar
    Clear turn signals, LED license plate lights, LED tails, 3000k HID fogs, angel eyes, matte grills, CF Emblems etc

My Cars
    Pre-lift e46
    I did similar runs also on industrial road against highly modified vr6 with my stock 325 ix. Thou it was Corrado not Jetta.

Our races were maybe little bit longer. The vr6 was multiple carlenghts behind.
    After the races he said in the end he started to catch up.

Nice runs
    In the M3 zone? The 325 ix in the M3 zone? Sir, please put down the crack pipe.

Unless zone you mean, same 0-10mph, yes. Any other race with an e46 or e36 m, no way that 325 stands a chance.

My Cars
    BMW 328iS 1996, GM1, 240sx 89 (project)
    wow, if i knew the 325iX was almost like the M3, i would gotten that instead of my 328......darn! i should of done more research!!

Good race OP.
    engine mods: m52b28, m50 manifold,UUC u/p,fan deleted mod, JC shark injec,CAIS,Remus exhaust, Bekkers coilover, UUC sway bar, X-brace and UUC barvarian strut

HI MOM! LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!

My Cars
    wow, if i knew the 325iX was almost like the M3, i would gotten that instead of my 328......darn! i should of done more research!!

Good race OP.
    engine mods: m52b28, m50 manifold,UUC u/p,fan deleted mod, JC shark injec,CAIS,Remus exhaust, Bekkers coilover, UUC sway bar, X-brace and UUC barvarian strut

My Cars
    Bmw
    Quote Originally Posted by ImportFanatic View Post
    In the M3 zone? The 325 ix in the M3 zone? Sir, please put down the crack pipe.

Unless zone you mean, same 0-10mph, yes. Any other race with an e46 or e36 m, no way that 325 stands a chance.
    Here we go again...

I wasn't talking about 325. I was talking about 325ix.

And I don't mean 0-10mph. I'm talking about 0-62mph (about). At least ix faster than 340hp M5 in that category.
    And if YOU are talking about 0-10mph ix wins any M model for sure .
    But that is different story.

My Cars
    Pre-lift e46
    Here we go again...

And I don't mean 0-10mph. I'm talking about 0-62mph (about). At least ix faster than 340hp M5 in that category.
    Am I missing something here?

AWD 325, correct? 2.5 litre correct?

Faster than an e36 m or an e46 m 0-60? U.S specs?
    Again, am I missing something?

My Cars
    01 540iAs & 03 Cobra
    Here we go again...

are you serious?

Good runs Toxic....very close races.

My Cars
    Here we go again...

If the AWD system in the 325iX can make it as fast as a M3...im so getting one, thats like adding 60-80 HP more!! but I know it doesnt its only advantage is the awd system and even that it weights the car down even more to slow it down.

Personally I think the 325i is faster then the ix

My Cars
    Bmw

Quote Originally Posted by johnny2k View Post
    are you serious?

Good runs Toxic....very close races.
    If you are interested look some of my previous threads. If you wan't to ask me something about our test please send me mail to my privat box. It's pointless to start all the arguing all over again .

My Cars

maybe the fact that their test 325iX had FI and they didnt mention it? I dunno either, the last time i checked the 325i ran 15.8 or something while the 328iS ran 14.9 and the m3 ran low 14's....i think that awd system adds another 100 RWHP...i need that system in my car.

My Cars
    85 gti, 91 318is
    The Jetta above is a MK3, VR6's w/ just an intake, exhaust and a chip sound beastly but really aren't that impressive, esp. in heavy pigs like MK3's & MK4's.

My Cars
    Pre-lift e46
    If you are interested look some of my previous threads. If you wan't to ask me something about our test please send me mail to my privat box. It's pointless to start all the arguing all over again .
    According to your previous post you raced a non american nissan maxima in the rain and beat it. Claiming vq30 max's are POS, you state it's a new maxima, which i don't understand why you called it a 3.0 when the 5th gen and above after a certain point had the vq35.

You already got owned in regards to your post about doing 0-60 in under 6 seconds?

Unless you are boosting or something, your IX is slow as balls, so stop hyping it.

My Cars
    2008 128i
    Quote Originally Posted by mk2vr6 View Post
    The Jetta above is a MK3, VR6's w/ just an intake, exhaust and a chip sound beastly but really aren't that impressive, esp. in heavy pigs like MK3's & MK4's.
    My MK3 GTI VR6 was on par with a 20th anniversary GTI from a 60 roll, and all I had was a K&N cone filter. Mk3s aren't really that heavy, compared to 4s and 5s.

My Cars
    E30 M3 S50B32
    vr6's turbo'd can make some nice power ..but the problem lies with the trannies .. for 300whp you'd need an aftermarket lsd, more power than that and you better start stacking trannies in your garage

the dude with the 325ix is seriously delusional.. no way in hell ull run "multiple car lengths" ahead of a HIGHLY modded corrado .. corrado's weigh less than a mk3 jetta.. they are based on the mk2 chassis..hell you wouldn't even be ahead of a stock one by "multiple car lengths"!

bmw ix models suck big time .. if you're a awd guy i think you should have bought a subaru instead...seriously ... its like you are stuck between both worlds .. no RWD fun.. and no proper AWD...what the hell were u thinking ?

now comparing the ix to an e36 m3 ... thats just crazy man
    your car is slower than a 325i after it hooks up cuz u have more drivetrain losses...
    anyways i bet you have a really nice car.. no offence intended

My Cars
    Bmw
    According to your previous post you raced a non american nissan maxima in the rain and beat it. Claiming vq30 max's are POS, you state it's a new maxima, which i don't understand why you called it a 3.0 when the 5th gen and above after a certain point had the vq35.

You already got owned in regards to your post about doing 0-60 in under 6 seconds?

Unless you are boosting or something, your IX is slow as balls, so stop hyping it.
    In Finland the new Maximas are 3.0.
    And previous threads I ment our test between M5 vs ix.

Can't you to the math? How did I get owned about doing 0-60 under 6s?

And you are right. Ix is SLOW but it ownes E34 M5 in 1/8 mile race.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtension View Post
    the dude with the 325ix is seriously delusional.. no way in hell ull run "multiple car lengths" ahead of a HIGHLY modded corrado .. corrado's weigh less than a mk3 jetta.. they are based on the mk2 chassis..hell you wouldn't even be ahead of a stock one by "multiple car lengths"!

bmw ix models suck big time .. if you're a awd guy i think you should have bought a subaru instead...seriously ... its like you are stuck between both worlds .. no RWD fun.. and no proper AWD...what the hell were u thinking ?

now comparing the ix to an e36 m3 ... thats just crazy man
    your car is slower than a 325i after it hooks up cuz u have more drivetrain losses...
    anyways i bet you have a really nice car.. no offence intended

Here is the picture taken from our race from 1/8 mile mark.
    The M is still behind me and the corrado (stroked 3.0, dynoed 220hp,lsd, 0-62 6,3s measured) is MULTIPLE carlenghs behing.
    3 tests 3 same results.

And I'm 100% sure Ix beats US E36 M3 in same race as above. Against EURO 321hp model it's gonna be tight.

Here is couple pictures from nice Corrado:

My Cars
    Pre-lift e46
    e36 M > 325ix

I don't care what kind of fake test runs, or whatever you did. And again you did get owned in your own thread and it was locked.

My Cars
    F-150, CB500F, ES 350
    im so lost on the e30 325 thinking he is faster than the e36 m?
    can we see some pics of your engine bay instead of the corrado's?

My Cars
    Pre-lift e46
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataliator View Post
    im so lost on the e30 325 thinking he is faster than the e36 m?
    can we see some pics of your engine bay instead of the corrado's?
    Correction faster in the 1/8 mile........

My Cars
    its okay guys, i got owned by a Geo Metro 3 cylinder 1.0 liter car before, dood riped the pavement apart and pulled on me and I was behind its rear wheel the entire time....

its too bad he was redlining the poor 3 cly while i was cruzing at 1500 rpm in 4th gear.

My Cars
    Hondas
    Damn, the VR6 sounds good

The thread in my link above was deleted/moved. Here are some more recent threads to prove he is still wholly incapable of running a business:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8