Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: highflow cats/resonator delete complete

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540im

highflow cats/resonator delete complete

It sounds great! Not nearly as raspy as i thought it would be, nice deep tone at idle and a great purr through the gears. Opening it up you can start to really hear her once your past 2500rpm, theres a nice sweet spot at 3500rpm, after that i couldnt really hear a difference(too much wind.) Driving in economy mode you can barely tell a difference, absolutely no cabin noise difference.

I highly recomend magnaflow cats and a res. delete for all the 530i owners that were nervous about doing it. It is nowhere near loud, it sounds the way the car is supposed to sound. I just moved into a new house, so il have to dig up my camera and record some sound/post some pics later...
    Last edited by boone.msi; 04-24-2007 at 08:38 PM.

1995 BMW 540im/EAT/3.64lsd/M Parallels/Eibach/Koni/Magnaflow & M-tech exhaust

My Cars
    E34 540i6 M Sport
    Cool deal.

95 540i6 M Sport - 95 525it S52/OBD2 - 433k E36 328i5 - X5D that hit a pothole - IG: @justinmurray95

My Cars
    F10, E30
    I'm probably going to redesign the mid pipes on my car for the next step in the exhaust and go with those cats.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540im
    ^^you know i went with the dual in/dual out cat right? il have to hurry and post pics tomorrow, it looks beautiful, heres some more thoughts on it after i went for a few test drives:
    its absolute fucking bliss Its not nearly as loud as i thought it would be, its no where near raspy and there is no cabin noise difference. Just a sweet tone all the way up to 4500rpm then its all engine after that. In my opinion it sounds exactly like it should sound, quiet while under 2000rpm daily driving and loud at WOT, gives it a better "stock" sound. Im happier then ever, but may still get an eisenmann or remus muffler later.

My Cars
    1994 540i
    I have Magnaflow cats and muffler on my 540. I also recommend the brand. Everyone who's heard it (myself included) mentions that it sounds badass. My setup is fairly loud though. I love it. Sounds like the car is having an orgasm as it passes 4500 rpm.

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    Quote Originally Posted by boone.msi View Post
    It sounds great! Not nearly as raspy as i thought it would be, nice deep tone at idle and a great purr through the gears. Opening it up you can start to really hear her once your past 2500rpm, theres a nice sweet spot at 3500rpm, after that i couldnt really hear a difference(too much wind.) Driving in economy mode you can barely tell a difference, absolutely no cabin noise difference.

I highly recomend magnaflow cats and a res. delete for all the 530i owners that were nervous about doing it. It is nowhere near loud, it sounds the way the car is supposed to sound. I just moved into a new house, so il have to dig up my camera and record some sound/post some pics later...
    Which Magnaflow cats did you go with? I have resonator delete, stock cats and Magnaflow muffler, very deep sound. We need to meet up so I can hear it..
    Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    Anyone have the resonator delete on the M50 525???

My Cars
    1995 525i 5speed
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    +1

My Cars
    E63AMG/Z31/Tacoma/F31
    I did a search and nothing...... I have been wanting to do this for a while, but don't want my car to sound like a box of rice.

My Cars
    blown 540i
    Ive already got the resonator delete and a SuperSprint muffler. Been thinking of doing the magnaflow cats for awhile. But has anyone ever done an x pipe as well? Seems like it would be pretty easy to do considering where all the other components are in the exhaust system.
    So, any X pipes out there on m60's?? Did it help at all?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540im
    Which Magnaflow cats did you go with? I have resonator delete, stock cats and Magnaflow muffler, very deep sound. We need to meet up so I can hear it..
    yours would probally make mine sound like a whisper with the 4.0 and magnaflow muffler difference...

I did a search and nothing...... I have been wanting to do this for a while, but don't want my car to sound like a box of rice.
    The stock muffler does a pretty good job at keeping the exhaust quiet, im pretty sure it wouldn't sound like rice at all if you retained the muffler.

heres the same model cats i bought:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magna...03751527QQrdZ1

i snagged them for $60 shipped on another auction.

pics/sound coming this evening...

My Cars
    F10, E30
    yours would probally make mine sound like a whisper with the 4.0 and magnaflow muffler difference...
    Yes... it most definitely will. I'm using resonators with my new muffler set up (not the factory resonators, but there is one on each pipe to keep the drone out) and it's flippin loud outside the car under wot. Nice and mellow inside though.

My Cars
    540i M\sport-525i-NSX-S430-ML55///AMG

Yup 4.0 with high flow cat and res delete sounds great.

sound clips.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00clbH-31Pw
    03 540i M-sport
    95 540ia M-sport 18x8.5 18x10 MK (SOLD)
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/fkong777

My Cars
    98 540i, 95 540i (dead)
    Got any vids of your setup yet?? I'm very anxious to hear it.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

My Cars
    1991 Bmw 525i
    Quote Originally Posted by scyrusurcys View Post
    Got any vids of your setup yet?? I'm very anxious to hear it.
    Lol way to read^^^
    IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE,
    FEEL FREE...TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

My Cars
    98 540i, 95 540i (dead)
    Directed to thelmuffinman:

pics/sound coming this evening...
    What do you mean?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540im
    sorry guys, still unpacking. cant find the the mini sd converter

My Cars
    '00 m5, '90 325i
    damn, you beat me to it by 1 day! i get my magnaflow setup installed tomorrow @ 8am!! cats, res delete, and a new muffler
    -Aurash

My Cars
    '94 530i
    Boone the link you provided was to a 94008. From the picture that's a single unit with two inputs and two outputs? This doesnt' quite match up with the application guide on the Magnaflow site, but would be cool if it works since you only need a single cat rather than two separate cats.

Is this correct?

My Cars
    '94 325iC/5
    @Vanguard & Boone.. Was wondering about that, too? You would need two of those units you posted from the ebay link..
    Hey, where's Perry!?

My Cars
    95 540/6, WK2 Eco Diesel
    Subscribed

I can't wait to do this to my 540i!
    BMW Man

My Cars
    None. Got a sportster.
    Quote Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
    i plan to do this next weekend. installing the supercharger, headers, i figure chop that sucker out. i'll try to remember to post it into this thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris V View Post
    Your opinion is based on a mistaken notion and lack of knowledge. It's your right to HAVE that opinion, but it's my right to tell you it's wrong..

Presiding chairman, founder, and chief complainant of the NAALP: the National Association for the Advancement of Left-lane Passing

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540im
    @Vanguard & Boone.. Was wondering about that, too? You would need two of those units you posted from the ebay link..
    Its one piece with two completely seperate chambers, only difference is a .5" inlet/outlet. Talked this over with my exhaust guy before purchasing, he said it flows the exact same as the single 2.5's, your only gonna know a difference if you have a 500hp+ 5.9liter engine, which i will never see. Plus theres an even better weight/space advantage to using the one piece.

My Cars
    '94 530i
    Thanks Boone! I think I'm going to give this a shot. I'm a little concerned about being in California vs Georgia, but at least one of my cats is rattling now. What did your exhaust guy do about the 02 sensors? Mine are currently in the cats at the front.

Joel
    Last edited by vanguard; 04-26-2007 at 01:49 PM.

My Cars
    1995 BMW 540im
    heres the pics:

^thought this looked good

^from front to back

^blurry pic of o2 sensor location

^placement before weld

Finished

Gonna go record video with a friend in about an hour

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast