My Cars
    2006 330ci
    talk about the rising of a dead thread!

m3steve is offline BFC Consumerist / PNW Mod
    My Cars
    E36 Dinan M3
    Quote Originally Posted by DFUNY View Post
    talk about the rising of a dead member. 2 posts since march, one of which being the above? Thanks for contributing lol. I was showing someone the pictures, and happened to see that there was an unanswered question.

My Cars
    02 M3, 98 Civic
    I pretty much have the same install on my 97 m3. the double din sits nice and me and my friend made a custom piece to fit around the double din and looks really nice. The only thing is the HVAC controls... We put a radio case around it and tried to make it stay in with some hot glue. As the hot glue wore off the hvac control unit keeps popping out. How did you make it stay? i know you said you cut it but does the heat and ac work on all vents?

My Cars
    1995 BLACK BMW 325
    lol I love it..... I did the same install, thanks to the help of steve answering my non stop questions... wasn't easy, but i love the end result. I just fear the day i realize, the avic d3 is completely outdated lol

My Cars
    Not a BMW.
    looking nice!

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i Sedan
    Teddee, how did you get the background on your HU? I have the 911BT and I would Love to do that! Also, I just recently purchased a 92 325i 4dr for about $1400 on craigslist, what can be done about the rear speakers. They are busted and the paper has been torn off. Has there been customizations for 6x9 or 5-1/4 or is there a nice speaker I can get off ebay to go in there and that tweeter?

My Cars
    1988 BMW 735i
    holy shit thats clean. Good idea of a double DIN
    1988 BMW 735i
    Production Date: 1988/04
    Chassis Number: 3212002

My Cars
    e36 328i vert
    hi guys,the installs look good.
    looking at the pics im a bit confused on what/where needs cutting.
    in 1 pic it shows a slot cut at the top,then in another pic it shows a big cut out below where the slot was but no cut out above it.
    can someone please explain?
    im about to fit an alpine w200 into my vert shortly.
    also does the dash need removing completely?
    thanks in advance colin from uk

My Cars
    03 540i Msport Touring
    thread necromancy go

seems like you can't fit the HVAC controls in smoothly into the sunglasses tray, that's fine, but why not let it stick out a little and make a custom bezel using 3d printing?
    someone could probably get a kinect to do a quick 3d scan of the sunglasses area, as well as the full hvac control unit, and whip up a little adapter bezel. it wont sit flush with the rest of the dash, it'll be bulged out somewhat, but it probably wont be bad.

how much do the hvac controls stick out from the sunglasses tray anyway? assuming you dont cut anything that is

My Cars
    tricycle and bigwheel
    Quote Originally Posted by DFUNY View Post
    Yes, it lives

Quote Originally Posted by joekitch View Post
    thread necromancy go

As you wish!!

The original poster hasnt been around since the 11th, but, does anyone recall what this picture is about? Looks totally diff from the 2 above and not sure why he included it. Was it a first attempt maybe?

As far as the HVAC controls go, I "think I have that figured out. You will have to carefully cut the sunglass tray to remove just enough plastic for the unit to slite into. Then, cut the sides just enough for it to slide back. There are prongs on the side of the hvac controler that if you go slow enough with a dremmel, it will snap into the right spot, eventually. You will also have to trim the sides of the actual dash (whatever that thing is) opening.

My Cars
    E90, E36, F10, E38, E23,
    I've built multiple instances fitting the hvac into that section with no issue. The 3D printing is a good idea, I guess, but there's no demand - or less and less demand. Not at all enough demand to offset fabrication costs and tooling.
    Nothing a dremel and a little bondo couldn't manufacture in a day. I know places like MusicarNW.com (el.duderino) can knock those out easily as well. Often not worth the cad effort.

I'll dig up pics at the office Monday if anyone is interested. Can also find them via search. My DakarM3 was probably the best source.
    -

My Cars
    Bmw

E36 in dash

Hey. I love the in dash. Can you refer me or let me know where I can this done? I love in Lynnwood, Wa

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if the first message went through. Can you hook it up with the place where this can be done?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123