Thread: Run in with a pretty convincing "M3"

My Cars
    just an old 328

Run in with a pretty convincing "M3"

On my car to work this afternoon.. i pull up to this green E36 from the rear.. first thing I see is the ///M3 badge. So Im like.. cool.. let me check out this M. So I pull up next to it.. the windows were tinted, had M3 stock rims..full M body with skirts and moldings. Then what do I see.. standard mirrors.. so then I get curious. He sees me trying to check him out so he decides to get on it.. and gets in front of me.. As I sit behind him, I see something REALLY strange. His rear diffuser wasnt like anything Ive ever seen.. and the exhaust tip he had was a single very small tip positioned more towards the center of the diffuser. Not way to the drivers side like a 6 cyl BMW is.!! Then I knew it.. it MUST be a 318i.. didnt want to change his exhaust.. so he put on a tip and used a 318ti's rear diffuser to fit the tip instead of the M diffuser. First time I ever saw something like that. Not a bad idea and almost fooled me with that ///M3 badge in the rear. So then I decide to see what this "M3" can do.. I pull up next to him.. and I rev her up.. and drop the clutch.. chirped a lil and took off.. I slowed down to let him catch up and he gives me a thumbs up.. guess to tell me "Nice man" But he wouldnt bite.. I even pointed ahead to say lets go.. he woudnt bite.. I even shouted out the window.. "NICE M3..! WANNA SEE WHAT SHE'S GOT??" He ignored me.. HAHAHA.. I wish I can tell u guys that he tried to race me.. coz I would of love to rip that M3 poser a new ass.

No offense to any 318 guys but come on now.. badging a 318 a M3 is a lil ridiculous.. at least have some balls to back up a M badge. I bet he tells people he has a M3 too.. what a loser.!
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

Would it be bad if someone with an M3 Turbo bagged his car as a 318, I mean you would get a lot more people wanting to race and it would sure as hell make people wonder how come their Porsche wasn't able to keep up with a 318. Just an idea that I had.
    2002 325i Facelift, no mods yet...

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Originally posted by SSJ_Chris
    Would it be bad if someone with an M3 Turbo bagged his car as a 318, I mean you would get a lot more people wanting to race and it would sure as hell make people wonder how come their Porsche wasn't able to keep up with a 318. Just an idea that I had.
    Yeah.. a LOT of people always said that.. but not too many people acutally did it. I think that would be fun as hell to watch a 318i kick the crap out of a porshe..
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

I know once my car goes to AA (hopefully sometime in the next year, but that is even pushing it) I think I will run my car with the 318 badges just to mess with people. I just noticed how many damn posts you've made, man you must always be on line
    2002 325i Facelift, no mods yet...

Home: Bay Area, California |||| College: UCSB
    Good "kill", or mockery rather, Willy. All posers must DIE!!!
    And about that badging stuff: I dont care about debadging or "down-badging" (I think an M3 badged as a 318 is hilarious - talk about a perfect sleeper)... the "up-badging" is what I REALLY hate.
    - Jon, '93 325is

Thumbs up Nice Kill Willy..

i take it u really enjoy handing ass to peepz, it seem every otha day u beating some car on the kill topic. keep it coming. can't wait til i meet u in the city one day and u ripping me. hehe
    BLUE vs Red

My Cars
    e36 328is,T4R, is250AWD
    Good sh1t Willy! That must have been pretty hilarious. I know you've been itching to kill a poser for a while now. Now its time to look for that red wannabee that you were talkin about.

My Cars
    just an old 328
    I didnt really want this poser.. it was just funny coz I thought it was a M when i came up behind him at first. Really fooled me.. just like if I slapped on a M3 badge.. u would have no idea at all. I still want to find that all red M3 poser in my town..!! : I'll spank the CHROME off him..!!!

Yes I do like racing.. I race whenever I can.. I hate to lose and love to win.. But I'll be the first one to admit I lost. I actually race a lot more cars do I let u guys know here.. Its the red I think.. everyone stares and wants to race me. :p

Mr. Sad.. u cant miss my car.. but i dont think it's going into the city anymore after this week..(DTM Splitter)

Today I was messing around with a NICE black Supra TT.. we didnt race.. i edged it lil but he didnt want to play.. so i let it go just admiring his car driving.
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

M3 Maverick Guest

Talking Isn't it funny to see all those faux M's running around?

There are a bunch of fake M's running around where I live. With all the money they drop on dressing the car up, why don't they just save up and buy a real one?

My Cars
    1995 318i
    I have a 318 and I'm damn proud of it. Granted I can't keep up with anything fast but I can destroy in the corners. Where I live there are tons of people with mustangs, camaros, etc.. and most can't drive a stick. I can kill these people and they get really mad. Badging up is just plain stupid, there is nothing wrong with a 318, they are just a little slower than the rest.

My Cars
    Currently Breaking My Wallet
    Bleh. . .
    I saw the first poser ///M3 running around Fair Oaks today...
    Pissed me off. Lowered, full body kit, nice remus exhuast tho. . .
    Too bad the dumbass forgot to change the mirrors.
    I wanted to give him shit about it, but a red light light never developed and I had to turn off before I could do anything.
    Sigh, if I had an ///M, I would school him. Oh well, I guess I'll just give him shit if I see him again.
    Old in mind, knees, and liver.

My Cars
    F10 M5
    I think I want to put an M 318 i badge on my car for fun.
    Then 340hp later they'd be like " What the fhuk???!!"
    2013 MCB F10 M5 BMS
    2014 Rubicon
    2007 997 Turbo
    2011 C6 Z06
    2007 Shelby GT500

My Cars
    just an old 328
    Originally posted by Greg
    I think I want to put an M 318 i badge on my car for fun.
    Then 340hp later they'd be like " What the fhuk???!!"

Do it..!! put 316is on ur M3 Greg.. Just do it until someone bites.. then take it off if u like. Just for the fun of it.. I would but Im not nearly that fast to take out anything. But u can..
    06' BMW 530xi
    02' Porsche 911 Carrera
    11' BMW X3

My Cars
    97 M3/4 - Hurtig/AA TS

Badging

Don't stop at the 316is badge, do the full out 316tds from a european turbodiesel. That'll put the fear in em!!!
    Have you been Screwed?

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2000 323iT

Re: Isn't it funny to see all those faux M's running around?

Originally posted by M3 Maverick
    There are a bunch of fake M's running around where I live. With all the money they drop on dressing the car up, why don't they just save up and buy a real one?
    Hey <b>M3 Maverick</b>,

Me too. I see them on nearly a daily basis - I really need to start bringing my camera on my commute. Just yesterday I saw an "M3" convertible. Grey rockers, stock 318 exhaust. WTF?
    Nick

1998 M3 Estoril • 2000 323it TiAg sport 5 spd