RM European Auto Parts

Thread: 328is Window does not drop down

My Cars
    540i/6

328is Window does not drop down

I have a problem wiht 96 328is where the function of the windows dropping down an inch when you open the door does not work properly. On the drivers side door, the window does not drop down when you open the door from the outside. It will drop down if you open the door from the inside.

I read something about this possibly being the door microswitch? I thought that was responsible for turning on the interior lights etc and if this was broken, why does it only happen when I open the door from the outside?

My Cars
    328I
    could be, as far as I know there are at least 3 of these microswitches in each door.

My Cars
    540i/6
    Quote Originally Posted by svart View Post
    could be, as far as I know there are at least 3 of these microswitches in each door.
    Do you know where these switches are located in the door? I tried looking on realoem . com but couldn't find a diagram that showed them.

Does anyone know how these switches are triggered? i.e. what action is it that triggers them? Opening the door handle or when the door touches the latch that locks it?