Thread: 95 m3 electrical problems

My Cars
    m3,07 Monte SS, gmc 2500 burb,Harley Road King

95 m3 electrical problems

started off with factory alarm chirping 3 times when attempting to arm it. but it doesn't arm, and doors won't lock. at the same time, overhead light stays on. and just before this happened, the computer gave a message 'check brake circut'. but brakes lights works, and car stops fine. oh, and the drivers windows wouldn't go up all the way. weird.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Check fuses.
    Under the lid there is a diagram of all fuses and functions.
    Some connect more than one area.
    This sounds like the car thinks it has been crashed except no hazard lights blinking.

My Cars
    m3,07 Monte SS, gmc 2500 burb,Harley Road King
    update: leaning on driver's door with my body weight, the remote alarm/doors, and interior light are back to normal. for some reason, the car thinks the drivers door is open when it is indeed closed.

My Cars
    M3
    Possible door ajar switch. I would check that out first. You can manually bypass the switch so the car thinks the door is constantly closed, see if the problems go away.
    Artic silver/461 RWHP/356 FT LBS TORQUE/Vortech SC 10.5 psi boost/RMS aftercooler/Wiseco forged pistons .25 over/Ported & polished head-oversized valves/Schrick cams/Euro oil cooler/Dinan TB/M-50 manifold/42 PSI injectors/Bav.Auto HP coils/U.D Pulleys/A.A race exhaust/TT tuning(Nick G)/AA race headers/ARP/Vac MS HG .098/ Porshe HFM/Koni Coilovers/18in SSR/UUC BBK/Pro Comp. Gauges/PLX wideband/Lt weight flywheel/.
    Updated dyno coming soon.