Thread: Subwoofer Enclosures (this place is dead!)

My Cars
    M3/Z3/X1/X3

Subwoofer Enclosures (this place is dead!)

Okay, I'm totally psyched about getting an M Coupe, I'm amazed you guys are ever online and not out driving this amazing car!

Anyway, I saw that it has a stock subwoofer in a little containment area behind the seats between the seats and the hatch, well, what size can fit back there? is there space for a different amp? I have a 10" subwoofer now and am quite happy with the sound it produces, what I'd love is to replace the stock speakers with boston pro series components, put in a nice nakamichi deck, and fit the largest sub that enclosure will take without taking up extra hatch space, also upgrading the amp to phoenix gold. what are my options? what is the stock size of the speakers on the M Coupe?

My Cars
    M
    <font face="comic sans ms">

Someone replaced the all the speakers, including the sub awhile ago. The person you're looking for is

Mini ///M

on the Bimmer.Org board. He's a UC Santa Barbara student, but is back on vacation, so you should be able to find him. Just grab his email from the Bimmer.Org board.

You'll find out that the rear speakers set in the roof are a disappointment. The grills are large, but they fit tiny little speakers in there.

The subwoofer is kind of lacking also. There are ways to improve it a little, but the biggest improvement would obviously be to replace everything.

With that said, I've left the sound system stock. I use to fiddle with stereos with my other previous cars and put in a complete new sound system that sounded great. But, with every single system, there will be a point in time where some wiring will vibrate loose or a speaker will blow or an amp will fail or something. It eventually happens.

With a stock system, this rarely ever happens.

So, am I happy with the stock sound system. It's okay for me.

Would I replace it? I would, but I don't want to deal with it again later on down the road, so I don't replace it.

Just my 0.05 cents.
    "It doesn't need park distance control, and hates decadence. That's just the way it is..." - The M Coupe

I've also left the stock system alone for the same reasons as Esteves.

The stock system is not all that great, but it is good enough. Plus the stock system is covered by Motorplan, the maintenance plan that BMWs come with here in South Africa.
    1999 M Coupe (321 bhp)
    2000 Colt Rodeo 2800TDi 4x4 D/Cab