Thread: E36 Rear Subframe Mount Reinforcement Plates

My Cars
    98 Avus 328i, 02 S2000

E36 Rear Subframe Mount Reinforcement Plates

I have a set of the OE E36 Rear Subframe Mount reinforcement plates. I got them from Bimmerworld a few months ago, I had planned to install them as a precaution at the same time as my poly subframe bushings, but I decided against it due to questions about the plates' legality in the autocross class I plan to run. The plates are, of course, brand new and ready to install into your E36. I paid $85 plus shipping.

Yours for $75 Shipped.

Josh

My Cars
    obd1///M3 & EG6sir
    pics and Im interested

My Cars
    98 Avus 328i, 02 S2000
    Sorry for the delay, I thought I had autonotify on, but I guess I didn't.

Here are a couple pics. As you can see they are new, straight, and never installed (heh, good luck reusing a set of these ). They have some scratches. They were like that when I got them. As you may be aware, the paint coating on this part is superficial. It serves only to protect the part from rust while in transit/storage. The plate and affected area on the body should of course be scuffed and repainted after the part is welded in place.

As I said, the only reason I didn't install them is the fear of getting protested at an autocross over them.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/214/4...b5c4e257_o.jpg
    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/197/4...e6a9d973_o.jpg

Josh

My Cars
    98 Avus 328i, 02 S2000
    Bump, someone must need a set of these. Make an offer, or they might get sent to ebay...

My Cars
    1995 Dakar Yellow M3
    how would these be installed. i know i recently broke my subframe mount and i ordered a new subframe so i think that these would be a good addition to my car but i have no idea how to mount these email me and we can probably talk something out. thanks

tommy

My Cars
    98 Avus 328i, 02 S2000
    Unfortunately, this set is sold pending payment, but I think I can answer your questions.

These have to be welded to the unibody of the car. Not exactly a DIY item, unless you are pretty handy with a MIG while lying on your back . They are not a repair item, they need to be installed on top of good (not damaged) subframe mounts.

Which part of your car did you break? You say "subframe mounts", but normally when the subframe mountings fail, the body is the part of the car that tears, not the subframe. The fact that you ordered a new subframe makes me think you actually mean that the swaybar mountings have been torn off the subframe, which is common on e36s with aftermarket sways. If that is the case, Turner Motorsport and I think Ground Control both offer weld-in reinforcements for that swaybar mount, which would probably be a good idea if you don't want this to happen again.

Josh

My Cars
    1995 Dakar Yellow M3
    all i know is that the dealership told me that my rear subframe was cracked and it is cracked right near the place where the differential connects to it i believe. i just figured that with any sort of reinforcement in this area would be better then putting a new subframe on without any extra protection.

My Cars
    '93 325i Sedan
    Did these plates sell? If not, let me know. Thanks.

My Cars
    98 Avus 328i, 02 S2000
    They are sold.