Thread: Inexpensive t3/4 turbo/intercooler kit?

My Cars
    shiny boxes

Inexpensive t3/4 turbo/intercooler kit?

Ok so I'm a TN, a turbo noob, but I saw this on ebay and thought it had to be some cheap POS. I really don't know what I'm looking at, though, are any parts in this kit really just dirt cheap and unreliable? There has to be some reason it's only $1k. Thanks for indulging my noobness, here's the link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-9...QQcmdZViewItem

My Cars
    shiny boxes
    anyone?

My Cars
    08 328i|01 530i|96 328s
    Tunning is the hardest part and I would never rely on the DME to just kind of wing it. Proper tuning could cost you $1000. There is a reason the entire kit is $1000, the turbo is too small, the I/C is too small and cheap manifolds have caused issues for other members. Those parts would be adequate for a 318 lol In all seriousness though, check out the Parked Threads at the top of the FI forum, there is a TON of info there. You will be reading for hours.
    ~Phil
    Madeiraviolett Bf.C club member #001

1996 BMW 328is Madeiraviolett/Dove Grey: 5 Spd, Sport, Cold Weather & Premium Sound pkgs.
    3.5" ECIS/ITG intake -> Samco ASC Delete Boot -> DINAN TB -> M50 Manifold -> S52 Cams | Bav Auto Red-top ignition coils tuned w/ AA software, Dynomax Cats & Stromung exhaust UUC Pulleys & Clutch stop, FDM=Zionsville radiator, Mishimoto Tank, SAMCO hoses, Fidanza LTW flywheel & M3 clutch, UUC Evo3 SSK, 3.23 LSD, Koni/Eibach Adjustable Damper suspension, PUR RSM's & RTABs, CF Strut brace, UUC Swaybarbarians, Motorsport X-Brace, 17x8 Beyern Mesh wheels Hella CELIS projectors + 5k TRS HID's, Fog delete=Brake cooling duct, LTW wing, ///M Bumper & R. Diffuser
    CCA Member #382557

My Cars
    2003 BMW Z4 3.0
    i hear those are really cheaply made kits.. supposedly the walls of the piping are so thin that when they are clamped down, they bend.. turbo kits usually cost 6k and up.. theres a reason for that..
    Born to do it

My Cars
    13 Rubicon
    Yeah just buy it. It's the most amazing turbo ever made!
    2011 M3 Coupe - Individual Fire Orange/Black Novillo Extended Leather, 6MT, Mode Carbon, Eisenmann Race, BBS CH-R, BC Coil-overs (Sold)
    1995 M3 Coupe - Avus/Hurricane, AEM EMS, Precision Turbo, Boostlogic, H&R, Fikse FM/5, MaxVelocity, Maximum PSI, 20% Tint, etc etc.. (Sold)
    2009 M3 Coupe - AW/Fox Red, 6MT, Carbon Roof, Shadow Trim, etc (Sold)

techno550 is offline Senior Member Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    E36's + 300D
    I think we get 3 of these threads per week...
    Michael McCoy TRM

My Cars
    00 540iTs Glacier, 06 RR
    Quote Originally Posted by seano666 View Post
    Ok so I'm a TN, a turbo noob...
    Contact Techno550 and buy his kit. Has everything including tune.
    Once you do, that 300z will be out the door.

My Cars
    2002 M3
    Either get techno550s kit, like he ^ said... or call up AutoFab, they have one of the boosted M3s from the forum up there...

"Don't Trouble Trouble Until Trouble Troubles You" - 2ruble