Thread: 95 m3 turbo engine build

My Cars
    1987 325e

95 m3 turbo engine build

Hey everyone!

I am about to purchase a 1995 m3 and planning in advance so once i get it i can start asap on my project. I am going to turbo the s50us to approx. 350-400 bhp. I am looking at the AA stage1 turbo kit that runs about 7psi.

I would like to know what needs to be replaced/upgraded in the engine to be able to handle this kind of boost saftly and reliably. I understand that i need to lower my compression, but not clear on the way to do this or how low it should be. I read that people just use a different head gasket to help lower the compression. Others use different pistons to lower the compression. What other internals should i consider to be changed/upgraded to handle this turbo upgrade.

I would like to be very reliable so... what modifications should be made to my engine before i can saftly do so.

-Nick

My Cars
    E30S50, E46, E39 M5
    Mods please move this to the F/I forum kthx.

E46 328Ci
    Carbon Fiber Everything | BBS LM Reps | Koni FSD Eibach Pro Kit | CSL Replica Bumper & Trunklid | Haters Gonna Hate
    Frankenmotor S50 swapped E30 325is.
    Billy Sports | Eibach Pro Springs | IE 22/19 Sway kit | Supersprint Headers | Stealth Straightpipes | Ported Head | 3-Angle Valve Grind | Conforti

My Cars
    obd1///M3 & EG6sir
    beat me to it..

but on a stg1 kit you wouldnt need to lower your compression.. yes HG or pistons can lower compression with a thicker HG you can boost about 12 psi and if you actually build your motor and buy pistons, rods, etc rebuild. then pretty much depending on the build but 15,20,25,and up to 30 can be done..remmember to get a clutch that can handle the power..also some sort of reinforcement for the rear subframe..