View Poll Results: to wrap or not to wrap

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • pull the wrap off- extend the metal life.

7 46.67%
  • leave it on- make max power.

8 53.33%

Thread: to wrap or not to wrap (headers that is)

My Cars
    2013 Ferrari F138

to wrap or not to wrap (headers that is)

so i got the ebay headers and a catless exhaust made.
    makes bitchen power, feels great, sounds great. end of discussion there.

but i wraped them with header wrap...

should i pull that shit off to extend the life or should i keep it on..
    and if i keep it on, how much power am i really saving with it on? i mean, does keeping the heat in really make that much power on a NA engine? gonna do cams or S/C soon though..

My Cars
    95 M3,04TL 600CBRShifter
    Leave it on. I had wrap on my integra for at least 3 or 4 years. Almost every shift to redline, drove it like a bat out of hell. Numerous track days. No visible scars in the metal.Probably about 80k on the header
    Quote Originally Posted by The Letter M View Post
    Congrats to all of you who hang on to an old car & love it for what it is today, 'cause it aint the speed of the car, the age, or anything about it that matters, it's all about the enjoyment factor, and most of us simply enjoy the hell out of our old e36 M3's.
    Whoops
    Black Matco side locker, almost new, $1k

WTB black Sparco Pro 2000's

My Cars
    E30 S50 Turbo
    I would play it safe with those headers and get them thermal coated in and out. Cost about $180. But I guess that might be hard to get done since it's such a biatch to take them off with engine in the car.

I'll be doing mine soon. I'll post some pics.

My Cars
    95 ///M 02 F4i
    I'd leave it on, help keep your underhood temps down some.
    Bring MoneyWith you.

My Cars
    2013 Ferrari F138
    yea... if i break this set, ill get the next set of ebay headers coated... i KNEW about it... but i just had a brain fart and forgot at the time to get em coated... err!

oh well. ill run it if i crack em, ill get another set. no biggy. thanks guys.

oh yea. anyone thinking of getting these headers. do it. amazing power and throttle response

My Cars
    1995 Cosmos M3
    What do you plan to do when you have to do a coolant flush? Every time I do that job, coolant always spills on the headers no matter how careful I am ...
    ex-1995 Cosmos M3 Coupé - deck spoiler / koni struts + shocks / x-brace / clears / unstaggered contours / yokohama avs es100 / alu thermostat housing / emp water pump / porterfield r4-s pads / gc rtab shims / bavauto ss brake lines / fdm / ie rsm plates / kicker sub + box + amp / sylvania silverstar lows / lamin-x / loc-tite'd opn / lots of refurbishing
    Retired - mason strut brace / jl stealthboxes / tms chip + hfm / s&b filter + outerwears / ecis heatshield / alpine 9835 + aux
    E36 ///M DIY & Tech - Door Handles / Underpanel / Coolant Hoses / Gear Ratios / 3.5" Intake / Lower Chain Tensioner / Threaded Starter / IAT Sensor / 24# Injectors

My Cars
    2013 Ferrari F138
    Quote Originally Posted by CRYPTiC View Post
    What do you plan to do when you have to do a coolant flush? Every time I do that job, coolant always spills on the headers no matter how careful I am ...
    its alot easier to pull the thermostat and blow shop air through each hole. that will clear that block out good. thats how i do it at work.