Thread: FS...New E46 M3 ZCP Brake Package

My Cars
    2002 525i Sport/5

FS...New E46 M3 ZCP Brake Package

E46 M3 ZCP/Competition Package Brake Pictures

I embarked upon a project that did not turn out the way I expected. So, I am now selling a new, complete E46 Competition package/ZCP brake setup (Floating Euro Rotors). The only thing you would need to top off this set is some good brake fluid.

The calipers, rotors, and spring clips have all been painted to match – a nice silver color (3 layers of VHT Caliper paint). The rotor/pad mating surface was taped off and the edges and hat were painted in order to eliminate any corrosion in the future. I did this same paint setup to my 635 and it still looks new after two years. The rotor hat is aluminum and is not susceptible to rust, but I painted it to match the rest of the setup for aesthetic reasons. So, the edges of the rotor will not rust and look bad in the future as well as the cooling vanes that are visible from the edges.

The calipers are practically brand new – they were taken off the car (2003) after the initial drive home from the dealership and were replaced with a BBK. The OEM pads (ATE) and brake lines (ATE) have the same 5 miles of wear on them before they were taken off. The original caliper mounting brackets are the factory black as you can see from the pictures. The ZCP/Competition caliper mounting brackets are brand new and painted to match the rest of the setup.

The package also includes a brand new set of Axxis Ultimate Ceramic brake pads and all the necessary hardware to install the brake calipers and pads.

This is a really nice setup to upgrade a regular E46 M3 brake setup. It will really hit a home run for those that wan to replace their calipers that look old instead of rebuilding the existing ones.

One important note: These calipers were removed from a 2003 E46 M3 wit the standard calipers. These calipers are the same as the original ZCP calipers – there is no difference between the calipers except for the finish (both use the same 60mm piston). Both the ZCP and standard M3 calipers use the same pad shape, but with different friction compounds. The front caliper mounting brackets are different (both included in this package) to account for the difference in rotor size from 325mm to 345mm in diameter. The rear rotors, 328 x 20, are the same size as stock except that they are the floating rotors.

Click on the following link: E46 M3 ZCP/Competition Package Brake Pictures and feel free to PM me or call me at 703-864-6318 if you have any further questions or want more detail. I spent quite a bit of effort prepping the parts for painting that will be a bonus to whoever may purchase this setup. I really want to sell this as a package and do not want to sell the parts individually.

The package includes:

• 2 BMW Euro Floating Rotors (345mm) – Front
    • 2 BMW Euro Floating Rotors (328mm) – Rear
    • 2 Calipers – Front
    • 2 Calipers – Rear
    • 2 Front caliper mounting brackets (stock size)
    • 2 Front caliper mounting brackets (ZCP/Competition)
    • 2 Rear caliper mounting brackets (stock size)
    • OEM Brake Pads (Ate) – Front
    • OEM Brake Pads (Ate) – Rear
    • Axxis Ultimate Ceramic Brake Pads – Front
    • Axxis Ultimate Ceramic Brake Pads – Rear
    • 4 Caliper Spring Clips
    • 2 OEM (Ate) Brake Hose – Front
    • 2 OEM (Ate) Brake Hose – Rear
    • Caliper guides and Caliper Guide Bolts
    $1800

Thanks for looking.

Michel

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    will this fit an e36 m3? (bolt-on without any modification)
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    2002 525i Sport/5
    Unfortunately, it will not work on the E36. The mounting points are different and will not allow the carrier to be inproper position relative to the rotor.

My Cars
    I take the bus to work.
    thank you very much! bump for you
    -M3J0N

My Cars
    2002 525i Sport/5
    SOLD! Thanks for all the inquiries on this brake package.

Michel