Thread: Dealer Provided False Info: Need Some Help

My Cars
    1999 M3 Dinan S3

Angry Dealer Provided False Info: Need Some Help

Alright heres the deal, there was a spot right above my drivers door (the crack between the roof and door seal) where the paint was starting to peal. So i took it to my body shop and had them check it out. Turns out they find spots of over-spray on the moulding over the entire roof. Upon further inspection they realize the hood has also been repainted, and spots on the roof where body work was done is still wavy. All this not realy visible to my untrained eye, but they caught it right away. Anyways I bought the car 2 months ago from the dealership. It is a '98 with 16,500 miles on it at the time. I went through all the usual questions, and made sure to repeatedly ask to make sure it had never been wrecked. They assured me numerous times it had not been wrecked. After now finding this info out I'm really pissed. Now what can I expect them to do. I know there are disclosure laws ect. But has anyone encountered problems similar to this, where the dealer did not disclose a car had been wrecked. What is the best way to approach this situation.
    Thanks for all the help
    Jeff

My Cars
    Sold 528iT, Mazda6
    Pulled this off www.bbb.org:

http://www.bbb.org/library/carused.asp
    Under the Federal Trade Commission's Used Car Rule, all sellers of used cars (except private owners), are required to place a large sticker called a "Buyers Guide" in the window of their used cars, light-duty vans and light-duty trucks. The Buyers Guide (www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/autos/buyers.pdf) tells you whether the vehicle comes with a warranty and, if so, which systems are covered, how long coverage applies, and what percent of repair costs the dealer will pay.

The Buyers Guide also alerts you when a car is being sold with implied warranties only, or with no warranty at all ("as is"). Once you complete a purchase of a car “as is” and drive it off the lot, the dealer has no further responsibility for the car. Be sure to sign the Buyers Guide and request a copy for your records.

Under most state laws, if the car does not come with a written warranty, and it is also not sold "as is," it is covered by an implied warranty. Implied warranties make dealers legally responsible if the cars they sell fail to meet reasonable quality standards at the time of sale. Depending on your state's particular laws, the implied warranty may guarantee that the car will run, or that it will live up to the seller's assurance that it is fit for a particular purpose, such as pulling a trailer. Your state consumer protection office can provide more information about the specifics of implied warranty coverage

If the car was sold as is.......you are probably out of luck. If it had a specific warranty or an implied......you may be able to fight them to fix the car.

My Cars
    Sold 528iT, Mazda6
    The implied warranty will expire 3 months after you purchased the car.......so if that is what you have....hurry.

Sometimes, dealers suck and lie (OK, most of the time).

One thing you can do immediately is disclose to us the name, address and ownership of the dealership in question that you refer to so the rest of us paying consumers will know who to avoid. Isn't that one of the reasons we all stick together as consumers and bimmerians ?

So, tell us who it is !!!

My Cars
    1999 M3 Dinan S3
    Its the BMW Store located in Cincinnati, OH

I've had nothing but trouble with them since purchasing the car.
    It wasnt ready to be picked up after leaving it with them for a week after purchase. Still as dirty as the day it was when i purchased it
    They still have not sent my warranty card
    Screwed up the order for all my Dinan parts
    the list goes on
    If you are in the Ohio area I highly suggest buying from Midwestern Auto Group, in Dublin Ohio. Ive bought probably 6 cars from them and they have absolutely the best customer service ever. As for the BMW store in cincinnati they are terrible
    Thats just my 2 cents