Thread: E32 interior wood trim (735i/740i)

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline

E32 interior wood trim (735i/740i)

This is the wood trim set from an '88 735i, short wheelbase. These pieces are the REAL WOOD type, not plastic that tries to look like wood. They're in good condition, no scratches or any sort of damage. This set includes the wood trim pieces on the dashboard, on all 4 door door panels, and the large piece around the shifter (for auto transmission). The shift knob and ash tray (and surroundings) do not have wood trim on earlier E32s and thus there are no such pieces included in this set.

This set fits all short-wheelbase E32s, i.e. 735i and 740i. Everything except the rear door pieces also fits long-wheelbase models (735iL, 740iL, 750iL).

Price: $40 shipped

I don't have pictures to post, but if you're interested, send me a PM and I can probably take some pics and send them to you.

My Cars
    1988 735i
    new to the forums so can't pm yet, but do you still have the panels? If so please send some pics and we will probaly buy them from you!!

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Quote Originally Posted by chef1979 View Post
    new to the forums so can't pm yet, but do you still have the panels? If so please send some pics and we will probaly buy them from you!!
    Amazingly, I do still have them more than 2 years after posting this thread
    They've been sitting in my basement because I forgot about them.

I'll take some pics today or tomorrow and post them up here.

My Cars
    1988 735i
    Gosh! I was just takin a stab in the dark!

Still take 40 bucks?

My Cars
    1988 735i
    Ever able to find those pieces of trim?

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    I'm very sorry about the slow response - I've been crazy-busy at work.

Actually it turns out I don't have the trim pieces described in this thread anymore (I forgot that they were on my 735i when I sold it). However, I did find another set that's the later-style E32 trim - the ones that look shinier and with a deeper color. I don't think they are actually made of wood. But anyway, these are the more sought-after ones that came on later E32s. I'm asking $65 shipped for these... sorry about the price difference but these are a different type and from what I've seen, their market value is higher. Please let me know if you're still interested and if so, I can ship them out on Friday. They are in excellent shape with the only exception that there are a few surface cracks (not very noticeable - see pics) and the shifter surround plate is not shiny.

Here are a few pics:

My Cars
    1988 735i
    Is the wood trim still available. I may be interested.

My Cars
    1992 750iL highline
    Yes, it's available. Let me know what you decide.

My Cars
    1988 735i
    If you're willing to take $50 shipped I can Paypal you the money or send a check or money order in the mail if you like. If $50 is not workable for you, how much would you be willing to sell the single wood piece that fits around the gearshaft? Also, will there be any compatibility issues on my 1988 735i with any of the pieces?

My Cars
    1988 BMW 735i
    Quote Originally Posted by todor View Post
    This is the wood trim set from an '88 735i, short wheelbase. These pieces are the REAL WOOD type, not plastic that tries to look like wood. They're in good condition, no scratches or any sort of damage. This set includes the wood trim pieces on the dashboard, on all 4 door door panels, and the large piece around the shifter (for auto transmission). The shift knob and ash tray (and surroundings) do not have wood trim on earlier E32s and thus there are no such pieces included in this set.

This set fits all short-wheelbase E32s, i.e. 735i and 740i. Everything except the rear door pieces also fits long-wheelbase models (735iL, 740iL, 750iL).

I don't have pictures to post, but if you're interested, send me a PM and I can probably take some pics and send them to you.
    Is interior wood trim still available for 1988 735i ??

My Cars
    1988 BMW 735i
    Please e-mail if the trim is still available. Mick (carty7@hotmail.com)

Quote Originally Posted by todor View Post

My Cars
    740iL
    Hi, I saw your ad and Im wondering if you still have those wood trim ? And just asking, I know you specified that it wouldn't fit a 740il for example, but it seems the same size. Anyway, Im waiting your answer.

Thanks

Andrew
    Im wondering if you still have those wood trim ? And just asking, I know you specified that it wouldn't fit a 740il for example, but it seems the same size. Anyway, Im waiting your answer. email is andrew.isabel@usherbrooke.ca

Thanks

Andrew