Thread: 1998 bmw 328ic keyless entry problem

My Cars
    1998 328IC

1998 bmw 328ic keyless entry problem

i have the oem keyless entry on my vert. When i press the unlock/lock all it does it make the funny noise... No unlocking or locking...any ideas what can be wrong ?

My Cars
    14 JGC/13 E88 128i
    What makes a funny noise? Where is the noise coming from? Has the car operated this way since you owned it or did it work as a keyless entry before now?
    Please be as descriptive as possible. Your keyless entry computer is behind your glove box and it might be simple or complex. Help us help you....Post everything you can in regard to the symptoms....

My Cars
    1998 328IC
    it makes the noise an alarm makes when you go to open or lock your car. If hold the panic button, the panic mode works. I bought the car this way, pres s lock or unlock you have the alarm noise, but does not lock or unluck the car.

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    One of your door microswitches are bad. If you get three beeps, that means that there's a fault in one of the lock mechanisms (read the car thinks a door is open). You're supposed to get one or two beeps if the door is locked/unlocked.

My Cars
    1998 328IC
    i do get the 2 beeps

My Cars
    '98 328iS
    My car started the three-chirp-warning today as well. I just went outside to verify it was three chirps, not two, and my nieghbor was outside, and he noticed what was going on. I told him it wasn't locking, I thought it was my battery, but I wasn't sure. He said the solenoids have trouble in the Texas humidity. He said just hit the button four or five times, and it should work eventually. So I unlocked it with the key, opened the door, and closed it a little harder than I normally do (sometimes I don't close the door all the way, because I'm gentle), and sure enough, it worked out of nowhere. My question though, is when I hit the lock button, it has never chirped at all. It just locks, and I have verified that both the inside and outside are locked, as it should be. Obviously it's a minor problem, but is something wrong?
    Josh

My Cars
    '01 M3 , '11 X5 35D
    Hold both buttons on the remote for a few seconds. That activates/deactivates the chirp.