Bimmerforums Upgrade Garage The Tire Rack

Thread: Really quick wheel size/ tire size question...Input Please!!!

My Cars
    1995 M3

Exclamation Really quick wheel size/ tire size question...Input Please!!!

I own a 95 M3/2 with the 7.5s all the way around and 235/40/17 tires. I recently bent one of my rears and so i was wondering something. Can I buy the 8.5s in the same style as i currently have and use a 245/40/17 on the rear with no problem?

Any input welcome...

Thanks

Bobby

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    unfortunately there is no 17 x 8.5 that will match the 95 m3 wheels. the 95 uses the double spoke 1 and the staggered setup is the double spoke 2. you will notice that the double spoke 2's do not have BMW Motorsport stamped on the face. i suggest swapping your spare wheel for the bent one and use the bent one for a spare (provided it still holds air!).. good luck
    do you even know what a plethora is?

My Cars
    BMW 525I
    Even if you could find a 17X8.5 the car would not handle as good with the wider tire on the back. The result would be increased understeer. Just replace the one wheel and stay with the 235/40R17 all the way around.

Jim

If ordering through the web site click through one of the banners and list "Jim" as a previous contact. The Tire Rack will direct a portion of the proceeds back to the the Bimmerforums.com site.

Tire & Wheel Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack