Thread: Leather care?

My Cars
    '99 M3

Leather care?

Just wondering how often everybody cleans and conditions the leather on their Vader seats and what do you use? I currently use Lexol and have only applied the cleaner and conditioner once in the 4 1/2 months that I have had the car. The previous owner kept them in excellent conditon and I want to keep them looking new for as long as possible. I get paranoid every time someone sits in my passenger seat out of fear they are going to crease my bolsters, especially if their ass is a little larger than normal.

I've even developed a ritual for when I get in and out of the car. Basically, I try to never put any pressure on the side bolsters, especially when exiting the vehicle, where the natural tendency is to use the seat as a support to help you stand up by pushing on the seat back or side bolster with your left hand. Instead, I reach around my seat and apply the pressure to the rear floor mat to help push myself up and out of the car. That way my seat won't start creasing in those spots over time.

I notice that when I have passengers getting out of my car, they do exactly what I try to avoid and use my seat as a crutch, but I have yet to work up enough nerve to tell them to do it my way. Don't wanna come off as a d*ck. Oh well, I don't have passengers all that often anyway.

Also, if anyone has any pics of the Montana leather, with the ///M stripes on the headrests instead of the seatbacks, that BMW starting using after running out of Nappa leather, I was wondering if you could post them. Just curious to see what they look like.
    '99 ///M3 13.766 @ 100.12
    Gruppe M style CF intake, Eisenmann Race exhaust, Kosei K1's, Motorsport side molding badges, Rieger gt cup front spoiler, OEM ///M5 trunk lip spoiler, 6000k HID+Predator Chromium angel eyes w/parking light delete, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks, Eibach springs, Rogue Engineering RSM's

My Cars
    E30 325is
    I use Lexols 3 interior care products.
    Cleaner (orange bottle) ,Conditioner (Brown) and vinyl/rubber protectant (blue).

1. Clean leather with Lexol cleaner.
    2. Wipe cleansed area with a damp cloth.
    3. Apply conditioner to leather.
    4. Wipe down everything else with the vinyl/rubber protectant.

http://www.lexol.com/

Brian
    "To live in the hearts we leave behind is to never die"
    -Carl Sagan

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Originally posted by dallasbboy
    I use Lexols 3 interior care products.
    Cleaner (orange bottle) ,Conditioner (Brown) and vinyl/rubber protectant (blue).

1. Clean leather with Lexol cleaner.
    2. Wipe cleansed area with a damp cloth.
    3. Apply conditioner to leather.
    4. Wipe down everything else with the vinyl/rubber protectant.

http://www.lexol.com/

Brian
    How often do you do this? I don't have the vinyl/rubber protectant but I'll probably go out and get that too. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what rubber and vinyl parts do you use that product on? Do you use anything for the dash? I'm thinking I should apply some kind of protectant there, but I just don't want that greasy look that I would get if I were to apply something like Armor All.
    Gruppe M style CF intake, Eisenmann Race exhaust, Kosei K1's, Motorsport side molding badges, Rieger gt cup front spoiler, OEM ///M5 trunk lip spoiler, 6000k HID+Predator Chromium angel eyes w/parking light delete, Bilstein Sport struts/shocks, Eibach springs, Rogue Engineering RSM's

My Cars
    E30 325is
    I use this stuff about once a month.

The vinyl/rubber protectant I use on the dash and plastic pieces, bascially anything that isn't metal or leather.

If you apply all these as the instructions say it won't be greasy at all.

Brian
    "To live in the hearts we leave behind is to never die"
    -Carl Sagan

My Cars
    '99 M3
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.