27 61.36%
  • Regular

17 38.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll: CSLs, Hyperblack or Regular on Cosmos

My Cars
    1998 M3/4

Poll: CSLs, Hyperblack or Regular on Cosmos

Going on a 98 E36 M3 Sedan. Already have smoked lights all around with tint and black kidneys.

Attached below are pictures for reference that I have been saving over the last few months. If I used your car in the pictures, hope you don't mind.

Hyperblack first, regular second.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    triple rare US E36 M3
    both look clean...
    BMWCCA Member 376052
    RIP Pandashizzle

My Cars
    M3, 911, NSX, DC5, AE86
    regular looks better, you can see more detail on the wheels. If you're going to have such nice wheels make them shown not hidden. I never understood why some people pay over 1k for wheels and then paint them black so you can't even see them unless you're standing next to them.

My Cars
    '09 Z71 Tahoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon Army View Post
    regular looks better, you can see more detail on the wheels. If you're going to have such nice wheels make them shown not hidden. I never understood why some people pay over 1k for wheels and then paint them black so you can't even see them unless you're standing next to them.

I'd go for hyperblack, especially since you already have smoked lighting, black kidneys, etc.

My Cars
    E39 M5
    i say either regular or time attack

My Cars
    91' M5
    none

My Cars
    e30/e36/e90
    Silver

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    Just regular. Personally I dislike black wheels on black cars.

My Cars
    '02 E39 M5 | '09 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ripe Punani View Post
    Just regular. Personally I dislike black wheels on black cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon Army View Post
    FFS, they are NOT black!

Why the hell do people fail to realize that the Hyperblack finish on these CSLs is NOWHERE near dark, difficult to see, black?! It's a very "liquid" looking finish which can be very bright in sunlight and more sullen at night, it is nothing like a matte/gloss black finish.

Frankly, pictures are useless to judge the Hyperblack finish, in some they look dark as night, yet in others they can look almost a dark silver or light gunmetal colour.

'09 335i - Alpine white + Coral Red | '02 M5 - Imola Red + Imola Red
    Gone, but never forgotten:
    '04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite .. '96 318i Alpine White / Black .. '01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red .. '96 328i Jet Black / Black

My Cars
    dakar
    I'd go with hyperblack just because I bet they look 10x sicker in person.

My Cars
    97' M3 Coupe
    Hyperblack if you want something a bit more aggressive, and silver if you want something cleaner or more OEM looking.

-Don

My Cars
    1998 M3/4
    Couple of questions for you guys seeing as the poll is currently tied.

Quote Originally Posted by BL4CK-OUT View Post
    FFS, they are NOT black!

Why the hell do people fail to realize that the Hyperblack finish on these CSLs is NOWHERE near dark, difficult to see, black?! It's a very "liquid" looking finish which can be very bright in sunlight and more sullen at night, it is nothing like a matte/gloss black finish.

Frankly, pictures are useless to judge the Hyperblack finish, in some they look dark as night, yet in others they can look almost a dark silver or light gunmetal colour.
    Does the hyperblack still look classy? Also how well does it match the smoked lights all around?

Quote Originally Posted by Don@ModBargains View Post
    Hyperblack if you want something a bit more aggressive, and silver if you want something cleaner or more OEM looking.

-Don
    Do you think that even with the smoked lights and Depo's with AE's and HID that the car could still be considered OEM looking to most people? Just trying to keep it low key, subtle, and classy.

My Cars
    1998 328i, 1998 m3
    No pics of my car? I'm ashamed

Go regular silver... hyper black would look a bit too matchy matchy.

Starting my BMW stable one car at a time.

My Cars
    '02 E39 M5 | '09 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoane View Post
    Do you think that even with the smoked lights and Depo's with AE's and HID that the car could still be considered OEM looking to most people? Just trying to keep it low key, subtle, and classy.
    It's actually way more subtle than Silver CSLs despite what one may initially believe. Think about it, people do a double take to check out the car/wheels (at least in my case). I like to maintain a low profile, hence the smoked out look my car has (smoked corners, tails, black grille, tinted windows, etc). Click my sig for more pics.
    I absolutely love my wheels, I cannot think of getting rid of them, even for BBS CH; I'd end up using these for winter if I ever got another set of rims, they look so at home on my car. I have yet to NOT hear a compliment regarding my car's looks.

Put it this way, if you buy the Hyperblack I doubt you will think to yourself, "gee, I wish I got the silver ones instead" - whereas if you bought the Silver ones, I guarantee you will be asking yourself, "I wonder if I got the Hyperblacks, would my car look better?" Worst case scenario, you can easily have them refinished or sell them as they are one of the most affordable rims for our cars.

Here's another pic to illustrate how difficult it is to capture the finish of these rims. See how they almost look silver in this pic?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BL4CK-OUT; 12-19-2007 at 08:13 PM.

'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite .. '96 318i Alpine White / Black .. '01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red .. '96 328i Jet Black / Black

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    I like the first one, it belongs to the member dbworld4k, although I haven't seen him around lately.....he won't be missed though.
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    '02 E39 M5 | '09 335i
    I'm right here, hun. (just changed the user name).

PS. I miss your silver Volk's

My Cars
    nice & shiny
    hyperblack FTW

My Cars
    it's no E30 :/
    I'm right here, hun. (just changed the user name).

PS. I miss your silver Volk's
    I don't know who you are
    R.I.P. Louie: TehPandaShow gone but not forgotten

My Cars
    e39 Dinan 540, 76 2002
    FFS, they are NOT black!

he is right. my wheels can look like chrome in sunlight and look hyper black without direct sunlight.

but i would say go silver CSLs

My Cars
    M3, 328i
    i personally would do the matte black one, but if that's not an option, do hyperblack!
    1997 328i Jet Black (Sold)
    1995 M3 Daytona Violet (SOLD)
    Planning his return to Bimmerdom...

My Cars
    1998 M3/4
    It's actually way ore subtle than Silver CSLs despite what one may initially believe. Think about it, people do a double take to check out the car/wheels (at least in my case). I like to maintain a low profile, hence the smoked out look my car has (smoked corners, tails, black grille, tinted windows, etc). Click my sig for more pics.
    I absolutely love my wheels, I cannot think of getting rid of them, even for BBS CH; I'd end up using these for winter if I ever got another set of rims, they look so at home on my car. I have yet to NOT hear a compliment regarding my car's looks.

Put it this way, if you buy the Hyperblack I doubt you will think to yourself, "gee, I wish I got the silver ones instead" - whereas if you bought the Silver ones, I guarantee you will be asking yourself, "I wonder if I got the Hyperblacks, would my car look better?" Worst case scenario, you can easily have them refinished or sell them as they are one of the most affordable rims for our cars.

Here's another pic to illustrate how difficult it is to capture the finish of these rims. See how they almost look silver in this pic?
    Continuing on with this train of thought, for those of who who voted for silver and are still sticking around, have you seen Hyperblack in person?

My Cars
    2007 328xi Touring
    Quote Originally Posted by JuBu View Post
    i personally would do the matte black one, but if that's not an option, do hyperblack!
    +1

My Cars
    '02 E39 M5 | '09 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Great-328ic View Post
    I don't know who you are
    Your mom is gorgeous.

My Cars
    1997 Calypso hotness-sold-1997 328 Schwarz hotness
    Hyperblack FTW

Mod list - Turner Motorsports/Conforti CAI, M50 manifold with Eurosport adapter kit, Shark Injector, Fan delete mod, Active Autowerkes Gen III stainless catback exhaust, UUC underdrive pulleys, UUC EVOIII short shifter, lighted M3 shift knob,
    UUC pedals , BMP Racing strut tower brace, Performance clutch, 3.23 lsd, Redline fluids throughout, Bilstein suspension, Hyperblack CSL reps, M3 mirrors, M3 Steering wheel, M3 moldings LTW door sills, M3 rear diffuser, M5 style rear trunk lip, Black out grills, Bosch headlights, 3000k hid fogs, Black out roundels,

My Cars
    1995 M3
    Silver for sure. But I'm more of an OEM looking guy than anything.
    1995 ///M3 Cosmos Black/Anthracite M-Cross/Amaretta

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast