Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: CONVERTIBLES 101: My _____ Doesnt Work. How Do I Fix It???

My Cars
    1999 BMW e36 convertible
    Hi Steve here I have a 1999e36 and roof won't go down switch has blinking red light and it makes a noise like cogs aren't sinker I looked at motors and the one in 1/4 panel is not in gaged and can't get it to go back in can you help .

My Cars
    95 325i Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson6102 View Post
    Hi Steve here I have a 1999e36 and roof won't go down switch has blinking red light and it makes a noise like cogs aren't sinker I looked at motors and the one in 1/4 panel is not in gaged and can't get it to go back in can you help .
    Hey dude how did u fix? I think I am having similar probs

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

My Cars
    '98 328i Convertible
    Hi DannyBoy909,
    If you've determined that the motor mounted in the 1/4 panel is disengaged, try pushing it in to engage it. Push in forcefully until it clicks into place. You may need to 'run' the motor a little to get the teeth to line up if it won't engage the first time.

Jimmie Jazz
    '98 328 Alpinweiss Cabriolet, 150K, CD43, CHA-S634 MP3 Changer, Chromeline Interior Trim, 'Redlined' Gears & Diff, Z3 Chromed 16" Rims, Billet Front Stress Bar, aFe CAI, 'Golf Tee' Exhaust Mod, Powerdiscs, SS Brake Lines, CDV delete, JTD Underpanel, BAV Lowering Springs, Bilstien Sports, Bimmerworld Rear Lower Control Arms and Front Camber Plates, E46 RSM's with reinforcing plates, Electric Rad Fan, Alum. T-Stat Housing, Mishimoto Hi-Capacity Aluminum Radiator, Hi-Performance Water pump, 3.23 LSD, Sharked.
    Sometime to come: New Clutch with LWFW, Clutch Stop, M50 Manifold, M3 Cams, Supercharger (I can dream).

My Cars
    e36 1998 convertible
    Hi, e36 vert 1999, tonneaq and roof motors word. From reset position the toneau comes up, the top comes up until the front motor is supposed to engage and finish closing. But the front M1 motor does not come on. Note: I had to manually close the top previously. And manually open it. I may have manually opened it to some incorrect position and I am not correctly engaging a microswitch?? Please help.

My Cars
    1996 e36 convertible
    I picked up this beast for $300, I'm not sure I can save it other than the wheels, it has a title problem and no key and had been sitting for 4 yearsIMG_2976.JPG

My Cars
    E36 328
    Looking for some help. The fully automatic soft top on my E36 does not come down. I bought the car sight unseen and when I lifted the rear seat I saw the emergency lever was already pulled up. I put the top down manually and re-engaged all the motors. I tried the reset procedure with holding the top button down and turning key position to #2 but nothing happened. The lid motor did not grab and shut the lid down. Also I hear some kind of weird noise like its trying to grab on to something but nothing happens.

Please help

My Cars
    540i6
    Was looking at my hardtop and the contact was broken inside the hardtop that connects to the body and the lights in the hardtop. Does anyone know if there’s any parts available? I tried to look through the parts catalog several times and doesn’t seem to show any diagram. Available with parts for the hard top any help is appreciated

Thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345