Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    2001 Z3, 2004 Land Rover

Newbie in Nashville, TN

I have had my '01 Z3 Roadster 1 week today and am loving every minute of learning this car. It has already become a member of the family and I have to take turns with my wife for driving. It's been 34 years since my last sports car (914 Porsche) and the deja vue is fantastic. I'm looking forward to using this forum as a resource and letting all the yard work and home repairs drop down the priority list while I DRIVE!
    MDWMAN

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    I see a lot of new threads started by names I don't recognize.

Introduce yourselves!

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MDex View Post
    I see a lot of new threads started by names I don't recognize.

Introduce yourselves!

lol.

My Cars
    Z3
    I am the mighty Ichabod Cream from San Francisco. I drive around in a '97 Atlanta Blue nipple mobile (that is pretty much stock except for a few minor cosmetic changes) but am ready to start tearing my zoom zoom apart. You guys have inspired me to tune my hump shark to the moon!

The problem is, I am about as handy as Corky from "Life Goes On." For me, just putting air in the tires is a chore and a quick fix for my seat warmer was eating a rather large Mexican meal at Pancho Villa and blasting away bare assed. The average Z3 fan does not truly appreciate the thermal capacity of a really dense chalupa.

Anyway, I will ask questions, pick the collective hive brain and even call upon my Bay Area brothers to help me bring my ride up to snuff.

The lurking is over (insert Jaws theme music) and the sharking, barking and rapid fire parking is about to begin. Here comes the bastard!

Get ready kids - the Cream has landed!

IC

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodcream View Post
    I am the mighty Ichabod Cream from San Francisco. I drive around in a '97 Atlanta Blue nipple mobile (that is pretty much stock except for a few minor cosmetic changes) but am ready to start tearing my zoom zoom apart. You guys have inspired me to tune my hump shark to the moon!

The problem is, I am about as handy as Corky from "Life Goes On." For me, just putting air in the tires is a chore and a quick fix for my seat warmer was eating a rather large Mexican meal at Pancho Villa and blasting away bare assed. The average Z3 fan does not truly appreciate the thermal capacity of a really dense chalupa.

Anyway, I will ask questions, pick the collective hive brain and even call upon my Bay Area brothers to help me bring my ride up to snuff.

The lurking is over (insert Jaws theme music) and the sharking, barking and rapid fire parking is about to begin. Here comes the bastard!

Get ready kids - the Cream has landed!

IC

2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    1980 Firebird
    Well I am not new to the forums or to Bimmers, but I did just buy a 2000 M Coupe. It is all Stock except for an intake that I had laying around so I put that in for some sound.

My name is Jon and this M Coupe is my 5th Bimmer. My progression of Bimmers went like this:

85 325e( looooooved that car!)
    93 318is( 525 miles to tank on the highway!)
    95 325is( really enjoyed this car for what it was)
    95 M3( absolutely am still in love with this car even though it is dead. Looooved the 3.91lsd)

All these cars were 5spds of course. Now the M Coupe is my 5th bimmer. I already am having issue with it in regards to the driverside window not able to go up. I am abit frustrated with it cause I just bought the car, but I absolutely loooove this car. The handling seems to be better then my M3 and the M3 wasn't on stock suspension. You do have to drive the car more and pay more attention to it, but holy crap this thing is fun.

The plan for this car is just this: M50 manifold conversion, sharked, custom catback, intake( already have this), 3.73lsd, bilstein sport shocks, H&R springs, front sway bar.

All those mods( save the catback) will have to wait because maintenance has first priority. The car only has 55,800 miles on it, but I want to change out the subframe bushings and all other bushings with powerflex and Ireland bushings. I will also be getting the subframe reinforcement kit as well( can never be too safe). I have already put an new shift knob on and had to get a new headlight switch( interior lights were out because of the illuminated shift knob).

After all the above is done I will look into getting some different rims. Possibly some AC Scnitzer reps or something like that. I may or may not do that.

Well cheers to everyone and if any of you are in Northern VA then hopefully I will meet some of you soon enough!
    “If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual State. In a single State, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.” – Alexander Hamilton, Federalist No. 28

My Cars
    79 928
    I already introduced my self, but just to post whore…

My name is Scott, I live in a town you’ve never heard of near Baton Rouge.
    I bought a Z3 back in January by accident (long story). I was planning on reselling it for a profit but fell in love with it…that’s right. So I’ve been lurking here to pass the time at work and learn all I can about my new mistress.

My Cars
    '99 2.8 Coupe
    I am brand new to this forum. My name is Trever and I am 16 years old. I have a '99 2.8 coupe, silver. I found the car on ebay and my parents agreed on it. I paid for about half so i have a great respect for my bimmer. I work in an auto-shop and have for about 2 years (been paid under the table). Had the car for a few months now and absolutely love it!

My Cars
    1998 M roadster

Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada says Hello

Hello all, I am Boutner, I have a 1998 MZ3, Imola II Red, black interior, 54000kms. I live in Medicine Hat, Alberta. I have owned a 200 z3 2.5, then to 2003 z4 3.0, then Honda S2000, and now this M Roady. The M is by far the best of the bunch. I love this car and the performance. A real drivers machine.

My Cars
    911, Corvair
    Newbie here in South Florida. Red 00 M Roadster, Dinan CAI and Chip; Remus Exhaust, Whalen Shift Knob, RD Strut Bar.

Daily Driver top almost always down...

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3, 1979 Porsch
    Hi All,

I am a retired firefighter (retired 8 years). I owned a Porsche 911SC coupe for 6 years and after selling it, I realized that was a big mistake. I decided to try a roadster next and since I couldn't find a Boxster in silver (and without a red interior) that hadn't been driven hard and put away - wet, I decided to buy a Z3. I've had the Z3 for over a year and it's a very capable sports car. Titanium Silver with black interior. Great in the twisties and I like the top-down experience. The Z3 is taken to redline often, without a wimper. No sign of the dreaded sub-frame problem - so far. 0 problems since I purchased it! I live in Northern California so there's lots of chances for top-down driving and a perfect place to do lots of cycling.

Besides sports cars, I am an avid cyclists. I put 6 to 8 thousand miles a year on my bikes. (more than I do on the Z3)

This is a great forum and resourse!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2005 Deathride 5-Pass finisher (129 miles & 15,000 ft of climbing)
    2003 California Triple Crown Finisher (3 Double Centuries in 1 year)
    Merlin Titanium road bike, Giant carbon fiber road bike, Torelli steel road bike, Litespeed Titanium mountain bike (you can never have too many bikes)

My Cars
    M Coupe, M3/4/5, E30
    Right on. Glad to see another cyclist on the forums!
    Cloudbase aka Alex
    Life on the Lee-Side BLOG, Hang Gliding YouTube Channel

My Cars
    96 Z3,88 928S4,77 928
    sorry I didn't see this thread a couple weeks ago when I introduced myself
    I'm Richard, 40yrs old, live outside of Raleigh NC
    my current stable includes:
    96 z3 95k just purchased
    88 Porsche 928 S4 91k 1 off factory order
    77 Porsche 928 prototype 80k
    a couple other 928 projects, 99 1500, and a couple daily drivers
    I work at a top German car service shop in Raleigh and look forward to mtg ya'll at some events/gts's

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixter View Post
    sorry I didn't see this thread a couple weeks ago when I introduced myself
    I'm Richard, 40yrs old, live outside of Raleigh NC
    my current stable includes:
    96 z3 95k just purchased
    88 Porsche 928 S4 91k 1 off factory order
    77 Porsche 928 prototype 80k
    a couple other 928 projects, 99 1500, and a couple daily drivers
    I work at a top German car service shop in Raleigh and look forward to mtg ya'll at some events/gts's
    I'm moving to Cary in a couple months. I'll PM you and maybe meet up or drop by your shop.

My Cars
    '02 Z3Coupe 3.0, '02 WRX Wagon
    I suppose I should introduce myself too. Been lurking here for over a year, since having found, fallen in love with, and purchased my 2002 Z3 3.0 Coupe'.

I bought it CPO sort of out of the blue. Surprised even myself, since I wasn't seriously looking at the time.

However the color combo (Black w/ Dream Red) brought be back to my childhood since I grew up in my parent's '72 Datsun 240Z (Black with Red interior). That car is still in the family and it was such a big part of my life. Knowing what a rarity the coupes are (and what they were all about), I just had to act. Plus, its like a modern, more thuggish version of that fantastic ride.

We'd had great luck on my wife's CPO 325i, so I just jumped. It seems now that I might have overpaid a bit, which would bug me if I wasn't so damned happy with the car.

This is such a great community that I haven't had to post much in the last year, nearly all of my questions have been answered by careful use of the search function. But I've been posting lately, so I thought I should say "Hi".

Prior to the Z3 I had a carefully modded Miata (a rare color combo), but I found that I wasn't that into the "convertable thing" and I was getting beyond the limits of the flexi-chassis, even with a 4-point rollbar. I'm also a Subaru nut (had the first 2.5RS in my town, still have the first WRX off the truck in my town), so I'm slave to multiple masters.

Cheers all!

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3

hello

I'm Mike and finally after buying rides for family through the years (Volvo wagon,VW Quantum 4d,Acura Legend 4d, (2) Honda Civics,a Prelude for son....yada yada yada - and a POS Sebring ragtop for the wife - I finally found a ride for me.

Went shopping here in NW Florida (sorry 'bout the hanging chads) with no particular car in mind - just hoping something would catch my eye. Got in a 1.9 and drove 100 yards before I returned it to dealer due to disappointment in ride & power. Next to the 1.9 was a 2000 2.5 automatic with M sport pkg and after a quick spin, I was toast - brought it back to the dealer after ~ 45 min test drive and I had to have this car.

Bought it with 26,000 miles in June 2003 and now have 72,000 miles and have since added BMW cloth seat covers (to protect std leather),black roundel decals,painted calibers,caliper decals,drilled & slotted rotors,PBR ceramic pads,splash guards f&r,monster Ipod interface from trunk,removed rear badges,black trunk finger lift and finally a roadster decal for third brake light on trunk lid. Yep its pimped!!

Yes sir I am 56 and going back to my childhood - my 1st car was a 64 6cyl 'stang my dad bought in 1969.

I just wish I lived somewhere to drive this car - like SF.

Again,hello everybody - I'm Mike

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    I'm from W Monroe - try me...Geaux Tigers!!

My Cars
    M Roadster, Jaguar VDP, Lotus Exige S
    Wayne Everette-25
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Texas Department of Criminal Justice-Investigator I
    99 M Roadster-Estoril Blue/Blue-Black interior (34k miles):"My Baby"
    2001 Land Rover Discovery II-Charcoal Metallic: "Fiance-mobile"
    95 Jaguar Vanden Plas-Jade Metallic:"Weddings and Funerals"..lol.
    2007 Lotus Exige S (was on order...dealer acted an ass...order cancelled and investigation filed...long story short, I'm never going to try to buy an exotic car from outside of Texas again...and definitely not from Jersey......Still going to get one.)
    I've never really cared much for BMWs except the M series, especially the 80s Evo M3s....until I became more acclimated with the vehicles and the people. I have developed a growing appreciation for all things BMW and am greatly looking forward to garnering the wisdom available from all the gurus here....while at the same time contributing my own two cents when appropriate. I definitely lean towards European marques as that is how I was raised, but I respect all capable automobiles regardless of where they were born and am constantly an ardent defender of the Vette Zo6 as one of the biggest bangs for buck (outside of the Exige of course, hehe). Happy motoring and I look forward many future discussions with all of you.
    Kindest Regards,
    Wayne Everette

Post Script-If you are in the DFW, Tx area, drop me a line as I am always looking for other car guys to hang out with and unfortunately I dont have many bimmer friends around here....

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 2.8L Roa
    Hi, I'm Ben. I just bought a 97 2.8L about a month ago. It's in great shape mechanically, but it needs a little attention aesthetically. The paint is actually in great shape except for some chips and door dings that need repair. It is a fantastic car. I found BF.c by searching for BMW Z3 and I love this forum. I've learned a TON about taking care of these cars and I have already replaced my seat bushings, and restored the factory headlamp housings. My next challenge is to replace my RSMs and upgrade the stereo.

My bf.c name is OU for the Okalhoma Sooners and Shark for the obvious. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and the much needed advice.
    1997 Z3 2.8L Montreal Blue/Beige Ext. Leather.
    Hybrid Legatia L6 - Arc Audio 4150 XXK,
    Hybrid Legatia L1 Pro - Arc Audio KS300.4
    Image Dynamics ID8 - Arc Audio KS300.4
    Eclipse CD7100

My Cars
    FS: Z3 M Coupe & E36 M3

Love the M Coupe and will probably never sell it....

Hello,

My name is Yuri, I am 28, and I own a 99 Z3 Supercharged M Coupe Artic Silver. I live in the South Bay, CA. LA and have my own architectural office downtown.
    Got my car back in 01 and have been fixing it up eversince... love it! I have owned a Toyota Tercel, Honda Civic and a supercharged Dodge Dakota RT. Love the M Coupe and will probably never sell it!

My Cars
    325is 1995, 01 M-Roady
    I'm not new to BimmerForums but kinda new to Z3 section. Dont have an E36/7,8 but in an active search for a Black on Black MZ3 S54 with a reasonable mileage in mid to high $20Ks (I was very close to get one last week, gone in the last minute). My first modification will be an extended package LeatherZ in Kyalami or Coral Red (comments?), and E46M3 style Sport Button.

E36 Euro Clear Lights, M-Parallel replica rims ---- M-Roady Dinan Exhaust, CAI, St3 software.

My Cars
    `97 Z3 2.8L roadster & `99 Isuzu VehiCROSS
    Greetings! My name is Rob, I just purchased a Boston Green `97 Z3 2.8L, less than a week ago. This is my first Bimmer, first convertable, and first RWD. And I am loving it, it's a great car with only 72k on it.

I've been lurking here for a few weeks and I've already found a ton of information and some great suggestions. It took me all of two days before I started ordering some upgrades. So far I've got HD Rollbar; windblocker; Whalen shift knob and seat bushings; OEM floor mats; Leather Z armrest and leather boot bundle; and a hood emblem.

Looking forward to a fun summer!

seemlessstate is offline <==< Florida State bird 2008 Secret Santa Deadbeat
    My Cars
    80 turbo deisel MKI
    Hi, im Tal and im new to the forum but not that new to BMW's. i just got my hellrot red Z3 on saturday. it has a hardtop and and an M package.

i was looking for an E36 coupe and maybe an e30 but was having a hard time finding a stock one in good shape with everything i wanted on it (basicly a manual in good shape with not gray leather). ran up on this at the dealership in key largo (im from the keys). i went back later that day and bought it.

now the PLANS: suspension: i am a firm believer in a good suspension and chassis setup makes a more enjoyable car than one with a rediculous amount of horsepower. since this car has to last me through the rest of college and the roads where i go to school are pretty awful i dont think i will put full coilovers. more like an sport spring kit. i will also do strut braces and good sway bars.

i will probably do the cliche' bolt ons like intake and exhaust but ceartainly quality and proper ones!

i am more of the type of guy that loves the way a car drives and wants something that I like rather than trying to impress people. i really dont care about my trap speed or how much boost i have. i would rather go out on a twisty road and enjoy the car and the adrenaline of a purist and minimalist driving experience. perhaps that is the reason i like my cars as light as possible. i had an 83 rabbit that was an absolute beater that weighed a rediculously low amount but it drove better than most new cars ive driven.
    i love cars but i hate cars. i get frustrated with people who arent content with thier car. they always want more. no amount of horse power is enough.
    give me a late sixties british sports car that weighs as much as a napkin that has a carbed four cylinder and a bit of rust on the rocker panels and a long twisty mountain road and i woul be happy forever.

that sums me up pretty much
    i am sure that in the next couple of months that you will see my car progress from stock to something moderatly modified but something that isnt show winning, but i know most bimmer owners would agree, that the ultimate driving machine is meant to be driven and win races; not something to be garaged and win shows

My Cars
    '03 540i/6
    I guess I can officially introduce myself. I've been on the forums for over a year after I came had an accident with my '05 STi and began searching for a relatively inexpensive car that would still be as fun to drive as the STi. I ended up finding a '99 M3 with 75k that was mint that I have enjoyed for the last year or so (which is up for sale now )

About 1.5 months ago I decided to put the M3 up for sale because I wanted an M-coupe. I was looking for a low mileage 99-00 S52, but ended up finding an '01 TiAg coupe with solid black interior at the price I wanted to spend with slightly higher mileage (57k) that needed a few minor cosmetic issues addressed, but was mechanically sound (including subframe). The problem is that I still haven't found the right buyer on the M3... if you know of anyone looking for a MINT '99 M3, let me know and point them to my ad. I can almost guarantee that you won't find one better at the price I'm asking.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=723121
    Last edited by silver05sti; 06-04-2007 at 10:59 PM.

My Cars
    E36/7, E46
    Quote Originally Posted by yuriosipov View Post
    Hello,

My name is Yuri, I am 28, and I own a 99 Z3 Supercharged M Coupe Artic Silver. I live in the South Bay, CA. LA and have my own architectural office downtown.
    Got my car back in 01 and have been fixing it up eversince... love it! I have owned a Toyota Tercel, Honda Civic and a supercharged Dodge Dakota RT. Love the M Coupe and will probably never sell it!

We have the same car in many respects. Artic Silver, '99, but a Roady (with a hardtop on most of the time) Dinan Vortech Supercharged and live in MB. Send me a PM and let's hook up at some point...I'd love to see your ride.

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast