Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 540ibimmer View Post
    Hi, I'm Michelle, 29 yo Administrative Assistant in Seattle.
    Mr. Blonde - saw some of your drag videos on youtube. Your car is awesome.
    Thanks Michelle, plenty more movies on the way!
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    1988 535i, 2000 M Coupe
    I'm Ed, a 38 yo psychotherapist in Las Cruces, NM, retirement capital of the free world or some such. Bring on the Freud/phallus jokes..

I'd been looking for an Alpine White/Black S52 MC for almost 2 years before I found a great one - in New Jersey. Thanks to those who suggested I take it to Mr M Car for an inspection - I flew out, drove it, loved it, had it inspected, bought it, then left it with Don for two weeks to have him do his subframe reinforcement as a preventative measure. I finally got to drive it home in late October. 1800 miles of bliss!

My Cars
    '01 titan silver z3 3.0i
    Hello all,

as an introductory thread, you'd think it'd be parked up there.. oh well anyhow,

i am 23. i fell in love with the z3 back in its goldeneye days. but i was younger, and at the time, it was a car unreachable. but it was still a 'dream car'.

time passed, and since then, i pretty much gave up on acquiring such a thing.

been driving a 96 civic for the longest time. i slowly started noticing little things here and there falling apart and dying.

then one day last week, my sister comes home with a bmw z3. i thought "great, another car to add to her collection" (she has a nissan titan and a toyota mr2 spyder). but when i asked her about it she said "actually, its yours, just pay me back with whatever you can sell your honda for and we'll talk about the rest"

a dream forgotten meets a friend of my parents who happens to be a used car dealer. my 'dream car' came to me. a titanium silver 3.0 roadster.
    Last edited by byronface; 02-27-2007 at 02:45 AM. Reason: typo

My Cars
    02 M Roadster, 99 XJR
    Quote Originally Posted by byronface View Post
    Hello all,

then one day last week, my sister comes home with a bmw z3. i thought "great, another car to add to her collection" (she has a nissan titan and a toyota mr2 spyder). but when i asked her about it she said "actually, its yours, just pay me back with whatever you can sell your honda for and we'll talk about the rest"

I'd say you have a very cool sister!

My Cars
    '99 M Coupe, '98 M3
    Hi, I'm Page, 37, from Charlotte, NC. I've been lurking around here for a few years, but I haven't posted much. I have a '99 M Coupe which just loves the track. I go to VIR and CMP a lot, and soon I'm hoping to get to Roebling Road, Barber, and maybe Summit Point.

I know a couple people on this board, I'll be at the Dragon run in April that MDex is orgainizing, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you there.
    -Page

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by robmik2000 View Post
    Indeed!

Welcome.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    332is, 335i
    Quote Originally Posted by foscoe944 View Post
    Hi, I'm Page, 37, from Charlotte, NC. I've been lurking around here for a few years, but I haven't posted much. I have a '99 M Coupe which just loves the track. I go to VIR and CMP a lot, and soon I'm hoping to get to Roebling Road, Barber, and maybe Summit Point.

I know a couple people on this board, I'll be at the Dragon run in April that MDex is orgainizing, and I'm looking forward to meeting some of you there.
    -there needs to be fore coming out of your exhaust in your sig in the moupe. That's the first thing I thought of, welcome
    obd1 s52 ftw!

My Cars
    '01 titan silver z3 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robmik2000 View Post
    Indeed!

Welcome.
    i know right?? thanks both of you.

from these boards alone, i was able to:
    • fix a rattling subwoofer compartment/enclosure
    • decide what kind of wind deflector to buy (i went with a tinted lexan)
    • decide to buy a pair of silverstar low beam bulbs
    next, i plan to get my keyfob problem fixed and get my ipod integrated (i do not want a DICE system as i believe it voids the regular ipod interface, right?)

My Cars
    02s54couperoadie04m316t
    Hi. I'm Dave. I'm living in Nova Scotia. I'm 57 and a retired Veterinarian. I have an 02 M Roadster Black Sapphire with only a few mods Butt Strut, Tower Brace, leather Z arm rest. I bought her in 05 with 42000 km which is about 26000 miles from The first owner. I was intrigued by these cars since they first came out. I've been reading about the pros and cons of roadster versus coupe and I think I've solved the problem. I'll buy a coupe for my wife and keep the roady too!!! I'm looking for a late 02 m coupe. Since a kid I've had Model A's ,several MG's from TD's to B's and a Datsun 240 Z. Too bad a person couldn't keep them all. The only thing I'll add is I'm a complete computer idiot and couldn"t send a picture even if I was allowed

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Thanks for the great thread. It is nice knowing a little more about the people we are communicating with. I am 45 and work as an air traffic controller. It is a great addreneline rush simillar to the race track.

Started looking for a car about a year and a half ago. Looked at Toy's, V Dubs you know something with good gas mileage. While I was driving around one day, I saw this car that attracted my attention, it had a big fat rear end with some kinda ///M on the back. I asked around and found out that it was a BMW M Coupe. I saw it once again from the side and thought it to be an even cooler looking car. My wife and daughter thought it looked like a "clown shoe", go figure. By then my car searching journey started out in a new direction; a convertible. I went to Carfax? and drove a beat up 99 M Roadster and thought that was cool, except for the beat up part. Went to a used BMW dealer in Manassas and found a gorgeous '01 ///M in red and an '02 ///M in black that was overpriced?. I then went to a new BMW dealer in Baltimore and drove a Z4 with all the bells and whistles. While it was a nice car, I liked the power from the ///M's and the retro styling of the interior/exterior much better on the Z3. The Baltimore dealer had 2 used ///M coupes and 1 ///M roady (not in my color preference). What do you think the odds are of that? After driving the Z4, I called the dealer in VA on my way back from MD and said I wanted the '01 Imola ///M. He said he would have it ready by the time I got there.
    I never had much interest in cars before. Before I drove a BMW that is. Now I can see how all you performance junkies, speed freaks, garage queens, detail till dark doorknobs are hooked on cars. I jumped right in. Two months after I bought the car I was out at Summit Point track in WV, doing my first mod - the driver. I learned that the car was a little azz crazy. At first I liked the initial feel of acceleration, rear end squat, front end lift, push back in the seat feeling. Then I ordered shocks, springs, and rsm's. Back out to the track for some more driver mods and the car came alive with the new suspension.
    As a side note my instructor and I went to Mid Ohio for an ALMS race and stopped by TC Kline's shop in Columbus. I can't say enough about TC. I wished that I would have bought my suspension from him. He knows his stuff. He let us drive his M3. The suspension was perfect! I believe he has one of the best setups for the Z, period.
    I keep talking like I want a fraternal twin for my roadster...aka ///M Coupe. They would look nice side by side in my driveway/garage. Wishful thinking. I don't think my wife would give up her spot.
    Conforti Shark Injector - Wow it pulls and pulls hard into the triple digits.
    Eisenmann Exhaust - Now it sounds like it walks the walk.
    Currently working on putting my rearend back together from my subframe/trailing arm bushings project. Why did I do it? Cuz...Cuz I am going back to the track.
    Oh by the way my car got a speeding ticket in November. Bad car. So for Christmas I got it a PC buffer and 100+ dollars worth of God knows what. Maybe then it will shine so brightly that the police will be temporarily blinded and wont be able to see the radar gun.

Scott

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of M View Post
    Thanks for the great thread. It is nice knowing a little more about the people we are communicating with. I am 45 and work as an air traffic controller. It is a great addreneline rush simillar to the race track.

Scott
    Hope to see you out next time we do a local area meet!
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps

My Cars
    E46 M54 3.0L Ci ZHP Sapphireschawarz
    Seems to be a bit Canada heavy in here...I like it...must be something about needing the most impractical car the company offers to really squeeze what we can out of the summer.

Anywho, Ted here...long time watcher of BMW's drive by...4 month owner of a real head turner, if I do say so myself.

Have my sights on an M Roadster and am still trying to figure out why...so bear with me while I ask the stupid ones.

Thanks people.
    [IMG]http://www.****************.com/*****/722sig.jpg[/IMG]

My Cars
    1994 c280 (4 sale/trade)
    I'm Keith! I'm a full-time high school and college student (dual enrollment) and I work my ass off at a restaurant when I'm not doing hw. I'm 17 and I'm picking up a 2001 carbon black Z3 3.0 Coupe with a red+black interior by the end of the month. It'll be my second car.. my first one was a 2000 Audi A4 1.8T in Santorin Blue with a rare two-tone blue/cream interior. I sold it only to try new things. As you guessed, I love exotic looking interiors, and German cars. I'm not spoiled, I bought the Audi outright with my own money, and I'm getting a $5k loan on the Z3 Coupe.

I've been on bf.c for a while now b/c I'm a huge Bimmer fanatic, it's my favorite make hands down. My brother has owned... 6 Bimmers so far, so I blame him for it (and my dad's on his 2nd).

As for how I got interested in Z3's and found this particular coupe.. well first off the Z3 Coupe has been my "Realistic Dream Car" since I first saw one when I was like 12. I've been looking at E46's since I sold the Audi b/c I wanted a good college car, but I stumbled across a Z3 Coupe here at bf.c, and made a low offer that ended up getting accepted. long story short the guy sold the car to someone else for 750 more behind my back regardless of our agreement, the day before i was supposed to drive over and pick it up (if you want more detailed info on this click HERE for a long-winded argument).

At that point I basically decided I couldn't buy an E46 b/c Z Coupes are entirely way cooler, but Z Coupes are also over my price range unless super high mileage, so I stopped looking for a new car for a while. Last week i just for the hell of it did a quick search on autotrader.com and happened to find the perfect z coupe for the perfect price. I made my offer and he accepted, so now I'm waiting for BMW to process the title!

/life story
    Last edited by ckandes1; 03-20-2007 at 07:58 PM.
    2000 Audi A4 1.8T - SOLD 2007
    2001 BMW z3 3.0i Coupe - RIP 2009
    2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636 - RIP 2009 (yeah it was a bad year)
    2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 - SOLD 2012
    1994 Benz C280 - FOR SALE or TRADE (for E30)

My Cars
    99 M Roadster
    Hey everyone, I'm Kevin, 24, and I live on Boston's South Shore. I just recently graduated from college with a degree in Finance and currently drive a 99 M Roadster. I bought it in October of 2005 with a few upgrades already done to it (Dinan intake, Dinan software, ACS exhaust). I put an H&R/Billstein suspension on a few months ago and I love it. I have been around European cars all my life, starting with a 87 Volvo 740 Turbo at age 17, which I did a few mods to and had a lot of fun with. Then I bought my first "nice car" a 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R. Any Volvo nuts out there will know about this car, only 2000 or so in the world, very very rare. I fell in love with it, but secretly wished it was RWD. Unfortunately this car was totaled and I made out nicely with the insurance company. With that, I bought an 01 Audi S4 Bi-turbo, Santorin blue, Tiptronic. I got that bad boy to stage 2 status, major torque monster, but automatic and a reliability nightmare. I was always afraid of breaking something with it and unfortunately that took away from some of the joy of driving it. In 05 when I was able to get a beater car to drive in bad weather I decided to get a RWD sports car and found the M Roady. I have always loved the mean bulbous look of them, so I test drove one and that was that. I drive this car just to drive it. Rowing up and down the gears, throwing it around the corners, tossing the rear out at will, it has gotten under my skin, in a good way. I'm thinking of doing the M50 intake soon. I plan on keeping the car forever and maybe ripping everything out and using it as a track toy later down the line. Thanks for reading.

My Cars
    2006 Z4 M Roadster

Moon ZeattleDave here

I'm pretty new here. A few folks remember me from RF (where I've been posting since 1999) and the ruder folks (ha!) would occasionally call me arithmetic boy since I teach college math.

My first Z was a '96 that I bought in '99 and promptly put 110,000 miles on it. It had the battery in the front and had the second lowest vin # I'd ever seen - as well as every single option and a ton of alterations. Current Z is '98 M roadster I bought last year. It's got 91,000 miles and completely stock except the head unit. I'm slowly putting the best fluids I can in it (blue, purple, red for later).
    Last edited by ZeattleDave; 03-21-2007 at 12:57 AM. Reason: it had the battery in the FRONT
    '98 M roadster
    BostonGreen with factory optioned popped trunk welds

My Cars
    2002 330Ci (both tops)
    NooB here, Global Moderator elsewhere...
    Bought my RED (the ONLY color for a roadster) Z3 from my maintenance fanatic friend and former F4 pilot, who bought it new... he'd buy it back if I'd sell.

I have a long history of motor mania... First car? A 1946 Ford when it and I were both 16 years old. Ran the 6 cylinder to pieces and installed a 53 Mercury V8. Then a '41 Ford, installed a 56 TBird 292 with 3 two barrels, a rumpty cam and headers and broke a transmission a month for 9 months 'til I finally got a Borg Warner T56 3 speed. '64 Valiant 225 running near the NHRA record in R/SA; 273 Dart; partner in a D/Altered Tbucket; Lotus 18 Formula car with Cosworth BDA; '66 427 Corvette; 56 Chevy 2 door; partner in a B/Altered Tbucket; '64 327 Corvette; '66 396 Chevelle; '72 351 Cleveland Torino; '57 Chevy Carryall (truck) with 270 hp 283; 1972 Blazer with a 350hp 327; 1971 International Harvester Carryall; 66 Dodge 330hp 383; then a bunch of mundane sedans, vans and trucks up till 1999 when I bought an RX-7 Turbo II anniversary edition, and 2004 when I bought the Z3.

I've been a mechanic, drag and roundy-round racer, partsman, NHRA employee (tech inspector), parts warehouse rep, parts house owner, academic and contract archaeologist, snowmobile and motorcycle dealer and consulting geologist. I now do Environmental Analyses for a living.

We mostly use the Z for touring/running mountain roads in New Mexico and Colorado. The Durango-Telluride-Silverton-Durango loop with the top down is awesome any time, and best in the Z3. What was NM 14 from Mountainair to Cerrillos, NM 152 from Hillsboro to Silver City, and US 64 from Taos to Tierra Amarilla get honorable mention as great roads.
    Last edited by ArrestMeRed; 03-21-2007 at 05:53 AM.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.0
    Hey Ya'll....

Been surfing this forum for a few weeks now.. i wish I could post a few pics.. but not sure when that's allowed.. anywho... let's see....

Currently i'm living in Seoul, Korea.. i'm originally from california.. but my office moved me here a year ago... I'm 31 years old and I work for a video game company...

When I got here, i wanted a fun car to drive.. there's alot of traffic here, but I couldn't get myself to buy a mundane Kia or Hyundai... parking lots here are filled with grey sonatas.. all the look the same...

anywho... I looked around and decided to buy a S2000.. I love the car... i was never into japanese cars... i almost always owned german cars... 91 Corrado, E30 325, Miata, 02 GTI 337, E46 BMW....

at the time i bought the S2000, i had a few choices... a E30 M3, Z3 1.9, or S2000... I bought the S2000 b/c I got a crazy deal for it.. the seller was moving away and needed to sell asap.... the E30 M3 was cool.. but repairs on that car in Korea would have been unimaginable...

so now i have a 01 S2000, yellow w/ carbon fibre hood.. totally rice.. whicch i'm not really into.. the car looks cool... drives great... but a bit of a handful in the city... 9000 rpms is cool.. but hard to even get to in Seoul..

So... now i'm thinking of trading down to a 1.9 Z3... which are much cheaper in korea..

I hope by the time i make the trade i'l be able to post a few pics...

cheers!
    Last edited by jonomo; 03-21-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: :)

My Cars
    2002 330Ci (both tops)
    Bump

My Cars
    MINI Cooper S, Vette ZO6
    Northern Virginia noob here who has recently acquired a pristine '99 M Coupe with less than 25K miles. Cosmos black/black. Sunroof delete. Car has a CAI, Remus cat back, and has been Sharked.

My other rides are a MINI Cooper S and a Corvette ZO6.

Now I need a spare set of wheels (on which to mount some r-compound autox tires). Anyone know the offset on the 17x7.5 fronts? (I know the rears are 17x9 with 8 mm.)

Cheers,

Jim

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminVirginia View Post
    Northern Virginia noob here who has recently acquired a pristine '99 M Coupe with less than 25K miles. Cosmos black/black. Sunroof delete. Car has a CAI, Remus cat back, and has been Sharked.

My other rides are a MINI Cooper S and a Corvette ZO6.

Now I need a spare set of wheels (on which to mount some r-compound autox tires). Anyone know the offset on the 17x7.5 fronts? (I know the rears are 17x9 with 8 mm.)

Cheers,

Jim
    Welcome! Nice to see so many 'locals' popping up.

FWIW I have a set of 17'' DTM Kreuz that will be for sale shortly. They have Toyo T1S's on them now that still have pleanty of tire left. Black centers, polished lip, no curb just some a few tire mounting scars and they are fairly light. You could swap the T1's for for R-Comps and have a spare set of street tires! PM me if you're interested in checking them out.

My Cars
    2002 Z3 M Coupe, 2005 M3
    Hello All, This is Joe Salama in Coral Springs, FL. Im a full time student hopefully soon to be going to medical school. Ive been a member for quite a while but just havent posted anything, sorry... I just read alot when I had the chance. You guys are great and very useful. Well a little about me is that I am lucky enough to have a 2002 Steel Grey M Coupe. Ive been wanting one since introduction in 1999 and finally bought my car in September 2005. My car is completely stock and I hope that soon Ill be able to somethings on it soon, (1st thing being a stiffer suspension cuz the squat is killing me) when a little $$$ becomes available. So, hello to all the other noobs and thanks again to all the vetrans!!

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Hi, my name is Eric, 28 y/o from staten island, ny. i just bought my 99 z3 roadster last month and i have been on this site ever since. i have learned alot so far, about these cars, and found some really knowledgeable folks on here. this is my first 'fun' car, my others have been daily drivers. bought it out in Arizona while on vacation, and had it shipped by truck.

not too into mods, but looking to reinforce the glove box, the seats, and replace the speedometer, broken antenna, and the really sloooow power windows. that should keep me busy for most of the summer.

My Cars
    Acura RSX-S...One Day Z3 M Coupe
    Hey guys, my name is Sam, I'm not really new here. I've been lurking for a while because I'd love to get a M Coupe. However, I'm probably going to be a little more active on here because my dad just bought a salvage title '99 M roadster. It actually drives real well. We just need to replace the carpet and a few things inside.

My Cars
    99 MZ3, 89 Toyota MR2 sc
    Name is Rob. Age 36, 3 kids, 2dogs, 2 cats, 2 lizards........1 wife. I live in Ontario, Canada Selling my 89 supercharged MR2 (60,000 orig. miles) to afford my new to me 99 M Roadster (4300 miles, yes 4300). I am the second owner of this car and love it. Not going to to go crazy with mods ( yet) on this car. Maybe some suspension and engine work next summer. I just want to enjoy it this year just the way it is.

I found this forum just by doing a web search and I would have to say that it appears to be the best run site I can find.

Is there an Ontario chapter of z3 owners or anything like that??

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 1.9
    Hi Folks. I'm Dan, and I've had my '97 Z3 about 6 years now. It's silver and when I bought it I bought a brand new silver hard top from a dealer. I've used it one season. I really enjoy driving the Z. Over the years I've been on the drag strips, owned a service station a few years, and am old enough to have built and raced a few Chevy engines.

Now I just enjoy the engineering on my Z. I love the handling, although I plan to make a few improvements here and there. For such a well thought out design, there are parts of the Z that irk me. For example, the windows started to hang and take a lot of playing with the buttons to get them up or down. The door pulls broke off with no way to screw them back on. I've been through my 3rd arm rest now. These kinds of things seem to me to be areas where the manufacturer scrimped on quality. Or maybe the fact that I have 126,00 miles on the car has a small part to play in it.

Nonetheless, I find this car to be a different and exciting breed. I'll keep it til it rots, but I do plan on acquiring another Z with a larger engine someday! I think this forum is the best I've seen so far!
    Last edited by sirwriter; 04-21-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Moving to another post

Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast