Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1660

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    2000 2.3 Roadster
    Thought I'd throw this up on here.
    Just got a 2000 Cosmos Roadster two weeks ago. Has some issues, sorting out now.
    My wife and I got (me) this car as a 20th wedding anniversary gift to each other.
    We both miss the S2K, and this car popped up on CL when I was searching for Porsche parts (go figure).
    $5k, drove it 3 hours home. Has the "M" interior package (whatever that means, I'm just fixing broken crap right now).
    It's actually pretty clean considering the lack of routine maintenance, and the whole fuse box was full of 30's!
    2000 2.3 Roadster
    2012 Honda Crosstour AWD (wife's)
    2009 Tacoma
    1998 Jeep TJ
    1969 Porsche 912
    Gone but not forgotten 2004 Honda S2K

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Congrats and Happy 20th!

Those 30 amp fuses sound a bit scary. Good luck.

My Cars
    2002 Z3
    Well I am new to the forum and a new BMW owner. Not just a BMW but a Z3! I still remember the first one I ever saw. I wanted one ever since. Just purchased a '02 Z3 3.0 with 42 K on it. Very well maintained. Already had a couple days in the 70s here in North Texas and my wife and I cruised around both evenings after work. New tires and alignment the first day and currently in the process of fixin all the little stuff. Absolutely love it!

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Nice. And low miles to boot. Unfortunately, we have a few months before we can take a ride. Another 7-14” of snow predicted over the next 24 hours.

Enjoy!

My Cars
    2019 BMW X5 XDrive 40i
    Just joined and might as well say HI ! Sold my MINI and bought our X3 with enough time to put a few miles on before our yearly trip. No major changes planned at this time. Want to see what's on the market and what's best to make it feel like a well fitting glove. So for now just cursing the forum to learn more and check vendors out.

Sorry, up late last night and now just noticed the thread was for Z3's only.
    Last edited by AnOldBiker; 02-12-2019 at 06:25 AM.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster,e46 325i
    IMG_0837.jpg2000M Roadster in Oxford Green Black Roof and Black Interior. The car was clearly well taken care of it came with a big book of receipts but I think the maintenance got away from the PO. This car needed the right person to buy it. So I'm restoring and upgrading some things as I go. Took care of a bunch of things already....
    • Konis
    • Oil Change and Air Filter
    • Rogue Engineering RSM
    • Fan Clutch, Waterpump, Aluminum Tstat housing, Tstat, Coolant flush
    • Flush with Ate Brake fluid
    • PFC rear pads and Zimmerman rotors
    • Rogue delrin clutch bushings
    • Fixed sagging glovebox
    • Zhp shift knob
    • Chemical Guys paint correction
    • Hobbyshop heater knob fix (thanks to the members of this forum!!)

Last but not least
    • Had the rear subframe reinforced with the Randy Forbes kit at a local shop. I found a couple of spot welds so I wanted this dealt with before it got extreme.
    • Supersprint Exhaust

My plan for the car is to have fun tooling around New England on some trips, use it as a fun treat to drive to work on nice days, and run it at some local autocross.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5i Roadster

Newbie Intro

Quote Originally Posted by ///MDex View Post
    Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

When you first get here, of course it’d be fine to waltz right in and start with the rapid fire questions for your post count, but tell us a little about yourself first. I don’t think this is like most other forums where you register only to ask questions.

How you came upon your Z3. How’d you find BF.c? Have you been a lurker? What year, model? What do you have planned? Mods? Etc.
    Just bought my first BMW - a 2001 Z3 2.5i Roadster, with 42,000 miles, in great mechanical, body is in pretty good condition. Put some Goodyear Sport Eagle tires on it before I drove it from Denver to Southern Indiana (home), it is a dream to drive. I'm trying to get used to the forum, I've done several searches for issues, and will be posting questions. I prefer to do most of my mechanical work, this forum seems top notch for that type of support, as well as other items.

Currently having issues with battery dying, seems to be related to putting a car cover over the vehicle. Pretty sure that the guy I bought it from got it at auction, so there was only one key and no manuals - Aargh! A kind soul (45guy) from this forum has already gotten me a PDF of the overall manual, and another for the audio system, I've ordered a couple keys from the local BMW dealership.

Looking forward to participating in this forum, including sharing knowledge when I get to a reasonable knowledge base.

Drive On!

Walter

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Walter, welcome to the forum, this forum will be very helpful!!

There's a few of us here from Indiana, we should try a get together!!!

Steve G

Quote Originally Posted by walterfinn View Post
    Just bought my first BMW - a 2001 Z3 2.5i Roadster, with 42,000 miles, in great mechanical, body is in pretty good condition. Put some Goodyear Sport Eagle tires on it before I drove it from Denver to Southern Indiana (home), it is a dream to drive. I'm trying to get used to the forum, I've done several searches for issues, and will be posting questions. I prefer to do most of my mechanical work, this forum seems top notch for that type of support, as well as other items.

Currently having issues with battery dying, seems to be related to putting a car cover over the vehicle. Pretty sure that the guy I bought it from got it at auction, so there was only one key and no manuals - Aargh! A kind soul (45guy) from this forum has already gotten me a PDF of the overall manual, and another for the audio system, I've ordered a couple keys from the local BMW dealership.

Looking forward to participating in this forum, including sharing knowledge when I get to a reasonable knowledge base.

Drive On!

Walter

My Cars
    Z3
    Hey I’ve just purchased a 2000 m roadster in Oxford green all black interior as well. Mine needed the right person to show it some love too. I’m about to replace the thermostat and water pump.

My Cars
    2011 BMW X5 xdrive35i
    Hello everyone!

Just purchased my first BMW this past weekend. I am here for some advice and ideas! My name is Bryce and I live in Northern MN out in the boonies. I picked up a 2011 BMW X5 xDrive35i (E70). This thing is a blast to drive! Like nothing, I have driven before. Anyways nice to meet ya'll!

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 1.9
    Hi all,
    I purchased a 1998 Z3 1.9l about a year ago with 79000 miles. It’s been a blast to drive. I have been reading the forum for a while and have learned an awful lot from so many knowledgeable members.
    I live in Kentucky where there are many nice back roads to cruise on.

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonsOfJupiter View Post
    Hi everybody. I just bought this:

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...m-roadster-20/

Note: I bought a convertible in the middle of winter on the day record-setting low temperatures were being set around the country.

Signed up for this:

http://events.dominionraceway.com/trackattack/

The car's pretty cherry. Completely stock except for the rear view mirror. Can't wait till it warms up enough to put the top down.

I also have 2011 E90 328i.
    That's a beaut! Nice buy.

I haven't been keeping up with prices lately, have the non-Ms started on the uptick yet?

My Cars
    00 M Roadster
    Picked up this 00 last fall, 87,000 miles very clean and maintenance records from 30,000 miles. I bought it from an older gentleman that was waiting for the C6 corvette to come down in price. He took great care of the car, I was amazed once I saw it in person! I had an E36 M3 in the past and this roadster is a blast to drive. Here are some photos…

IMG_5591.jpg

IMG_5593.jpg
    IMG_5644.jpg

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Lucky find. Nice.

My Cars
    1988 325i Convertible
    Just joined as well, I’ve been on this site on and off for over a year during my restoration of my ‘88 E30 Convertible and everyone here has some great info and knowledge to share so I figured I’d jump in. I’m almost done with my restoration and I have to thank this site and it’s members for giving me so much advise during my head scratching moments with my M20 (many more to come I’m sure)
    Last edited by SnackPack80; 03-15-2019 at 11:42 PM.

My Cars
    05 BMW 330CI ZHP
    Firemedtech... trying to find a 8 way alacantra power drivers seat for my '05 BMW 330CI ZHP... the original was damaged and removed by the dealer (who claimed they couldn't find an 8 way power drivers seat, yea... B.S.) and replaced it with a 6 way... be nice to have the original back in there...

Car is stock (except for E3 plugs, high output coil packs, EBC red stuff brakes with slotted rotors and a K&N filter), 6-sp (only way to go), new clutch running michelins.

Have to admit not too happy about the smaller front tire size that tends to understeer like crazy at speed and in the rain no way. Have to try to kick the rear end out to keep it in the lane or slow down waaayyyy too much for my liking.

If it had another ~100-150 horses might not hurt much either.
    Last edited by Firemedtech; 03-25-2019 at 05:27 PM.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe
    Not that new to the forums as I did own an f30 for about a year. After many warranty claims, I realized I prefer older Bimmers. Anyway, I just picked up a 2000 s52 m-coupe from the Houston Mecum Auction over the weekend. It was a complete impulse buy, so I'm sure I'm going to get burned. But I don't really care because I really like the car! The car is a 2 owner, in good condition and came from a collection of some sort based on the large 'lot' it was a part of. That said, it appears it may have sat for quite a few years as the last records all show alt replacement, new tires, new battery, new water pump, all completed in 07/08, and all these "parts" still look new, including the tires... anyway, I plan on searching the site for fixes, hacks, etc... I'm somewhat handy, so this will be drive and fix project for sure. Will start a thread elsewhere about my adventures. Thanks for having this site! very helpful!

first pic https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/a...hmentid=649191
    Last edited by FHLH; 04-09-2019 at 11:47 AM.
    Thanks, Jason
    2000 BMW M-Coupe

2019 M-B GLC300
    2019 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB3.5
    1995 Mustang GT "Lemons Car"

My Cars
    01 Audi S8

Details?

Quote Originally Posted by FHLH View Post
    Not that new to the forums as I did own an f30 for about a year. After many warranty claims, I realized I prefer older Bimmers. Anyway, I just picked up a 2000 s52 m-coupe from the Houston Mecum Auction over the weekend. It was a complete impulse buy, so I'm sure I'm going to get burned. But I don't really care because I really like the car! The car is a 2 owner, in good condition and came from a collection of some sort based on the large 'lot' it was a part of. That said, it appears it may have sat for quite a few years as the last records all show alt replacement, new tires, new battery, new water pump, all completed in 07/08, and all these "parts" still look new, including the tires... anyway, I plan on searching the site for fixes, hacks, etc... I'm somewhat handy, so this will be drive and fix project for sure. Will start a thread elsewhere about my adventures. Thanks for having this site! very helpful!

first pic https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/a...hmentid=649191

Congrats on the coupe purchase.
    Why do you think you might have gotten burned?
    How many miles on the car.
    The main thing I would worry about is suspension and bushings.
    My 98 M52 2.8 has 172k miles and still runs great.

My Cars
    2000 M-Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmerman4ever View Post
    Congrats on the coupe purchase.
    Why do you think you might have gotten burned?
    How many miles on the car.
    The main thing I would worry about is suspension and bushings.
    My 98 M52 2.8 has 172k miles and still runs great.
    Thanks... as for being burned. it's an auction car and an impulse buy! I purchased it because its 'on the surface' condition is really nice considering it has 170k on the clock and it does have a clean carfax. It is really all together. However, of course, the battery died when I stopped at the gas station on the way home from the Auction... I just laughed and told my friend "let the adventure begin"!

powerflex rear sub frame bushings and OEM trailing arm bushings. Then on to the front.

side note: when replacing the battery, I discovered the battery maintenance paperwork which was well documented and stated a new battery and alternator was installed late 2007. Sure enough, even though the battery appeared brand spanking new, its date code read December 2007. No way it was going to hold a charge at 12 years old.
    Thanks, Jason
    2000 BMW M-Coupe

2019 M-B GLC300
    2019 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EB3.5
    1995 Mustang GT "Lemons Car"

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 3.0
    Hey All,

New to this forum. Got a 2001 Z3 3.0 a few months ago. Used to have a 2011 335xi 6MT, but had to sell it when the second kid came along because it couldn't have a rear facing seat in the back and an adult in the front at the same time. So we bought a Mazda6, I love it, great car, but it's not sexy and it's not manual. Eventually it wore down the wife and I, so we bought a Z3. I haven't done much to it yet, the glovebox is out right now (the glovebox sag repair revealed a glovebox that couldn't handle the sag repair), and there's a package of seat-bushings on my kitchen counter, but generally I just want to keep her healthy. Maybe some tougher bushings in the suspension, I'm sure a sub-frame reinforcement at some point, but nothing too intense.

My Cars
    98 318ti
    Hey my names Jon. Used to have a 98 318ti bone stock other than Borbet Type Ts it was sold with. Have since parted ways but have been looking for a new fun daily and was looking at an 08 335xi 6MT with 130k for 9k. Wondering if I could get some insight as to if that's a good deal, what kinda of repairs I'll need to look out for, etc. Thanks!

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Wrong section Jon. I would suggest you go back to the main forum, then models, then 3 series.

This is the Z models section.

My Cars
    S52 MCoupe, Caterham 485
    New to BF, used to be on the M5board all the time when I had my E39 M5. Was out of the ///M game for about 4 years until a few weeks back when I picked up a 2000 Titanium Silver/Black M Coupe from Oregon.

Car did great on the 1900 miles home to NM.. despite being on the original cooling system. I knew that the system was original but just rolled the dice as shipping costs are exorbitant and I wanted to seize the opportunity to take a road trip and see some friends and family.

Now that the car's home I've been taking care of its little issues. Did the clutch master cyl and put in a Mason pedal with IE bushings. Currently trying to sort out what cooling system I'll buy as my Zionsville thread talks to.

I'm pumped to have another ///M in the fleet, and a special car that can take some pressure off of my Caterham (which is better as a 4th car anyway). Looking forward to many years with the little elf hearse.

- Tim

My Cars
    1996 bmw z3 roadster
    hello all,names mike from florida i just got my first BMW yesterday, it is a 1996 Z3 with a 1.9l. i was just informed today that this one was not built in the usa it wwas in fact built in Germany ( explains why i was only able to find German badges under the hood ). it got imported through a c130 because it originally belonged to a high ranking military guy or something back in the day and he bought it in Germany. i was told the car was still set up to the European specs, my question what i will be able to do with this platform, besides putting better quality parts on it when i do a tune up. the motor has been rebuilt and it was kept up with until my mothers current husband parked it. i have yet to be to get any pictures but when i do i will have them uploaded to show the progress of the car ---- COSMETIC being the major thing i will need to pay attention to. i was thinking of getting the diagnostic cable with software so that i would be able to check any codes that might pop up or what not. makes a lot of sound sense to me so that i wouldn't have to pay a shop or dealer just to view them and take them out after finding out what they were in the first place. appreciate the time and any useful help that comes my way. I CANT BELIEVE I FINALLY OWN A BMW. came across this forum while researching the Z3 and figured the best people to get info from are the owners on the forums, they've been there and dealt with it so they can help me if i come across the issue so i don't pull the rest of my hair and my all my teeth out
    Last edited by therarestbundls; 05-27-2019 at 03:18 PM.

My Cars
    -
    Sorry, but no Z3 was ever built in Germany. There was only one factory that made Z3's, and it was in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Some Z3's have a VIN starting with W which stands for Germany, but BMW had to stop that because the USDOT (if I remember correctly) didn't really like that.

Page 49 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast