Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1660

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    Welcome, Jeff!
    As a relatively new owner of a car much more 'broken in' than yours ('97 2.8, just over 110,500 miles), I will only say enjoy it!
    I have no idea what issues might arise on a later model with so few miles. People are shocked to learn that mine is 20 years old--hopefully, yours it doesn't betray its age through its actions.
    Cheers,
    Brad
    In my experience reliability is quite a problem with unused cars. I firmly believe a car needs to be driven.
    1999 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project
    1970 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project (sold)
    1982 BMW 518i E12/8 - stolen
    1987 Mazda 323 1.5 SL - daily driver, backup show car

My Cars
    1999 M Coupe
    Hey guys, another Jeff over here revisiting this forum.
    I was actually a member here back when I still had my e30 but didn't post much.
    I inquired in facebook groups and I was told that majority of the clownshoe tips and tricks would be on this forum.
    Quick history of cars I've owned:
    1st car zinnoberrot '89 325i, I was rear ended and totaled.
    2nd car alpineweiss '89 325is, a Prius ran a red light and totaled me.
    3rd car jet black '06 z4, a stupid 16 year old with a 95 eclipse pit-manouvered me.
    yes, I do not have the best luck with cars but I loved each one and thought of keeping them forever.
    4th car avus blue metallic '98 318ti Mtech. finally, I hope I broke the curse. This one actually survived.

I sold the Ti to help fund my all-time dream car, a clownshoe. '99 Imolarot on black nappa.
    I have no complains so far. She's a little over a month old. I'm the second owner. 82k on the clock.

Drive safe everyone!
    -Jeff
    Instagram @imola_sneaker

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0 Roadster
    Hi Folks,

New to the forum, at least posting. I have been reading a lot and have found the information quite valuable. I purchased a black and tan 2001 3.0 with 70,000 miles in 2015 and have been enjoying it in the summers since then. It originated in Arizona, moved to Victoria BC and then arrived in Grimsby, ON, just outside Toronto, where I acquired it. As of this point all I have done is upgraded tired speakers but will soon move onto tires and other parts as needs arise.

Thanks to everyone for all of the information so far. Hopefully I will be able to add to the wealth of knowledge that I have seen to this point.

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jim from Dover, DE and I picked up a 99 Z3 with 85,000 miles on it about 3 weeks ago. It was in great shape other than the tires being worn, mismatched and hard, and the stock chrome wheels literally falling apart in big chunks. I've taken care of those problems and some of the problems that every Z3 has that I have read about in some of the informative posts.

I'm 61 and a mechanical engineer and am the original owner of a 90 Miata that I basically keep stock until 3 years ago and I have recently begun to modify. My wife and I thought the Z3 would be fun to just drive and not worry as much about keeping pristine. That said, I am finding I like the Z3 a lot and will probably start tackling some mods on it as well!

Looking forward to being active in the forum and as I said above, I have already used the search functions extensively to solve several problems! As a very active user of Miata.net, I know the value of an outstanding online forum!

Jim

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.0L
    Hi guys. I live in Malaysia and am the proud new owner of a 2000 Japanese specs BMW Z3 2.0L. It has a straight inline 6 cylinder engine and is in immaculate condition. I don't have the manuals and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me there.
    Thanks

My Cars
    1997 Z3
    Greetings from TN. Been lurking for a bit so I thought I would introduce myself. 51 year old married lady from Nashville who's loved cars and motorcycles all my life. Love doing all the basic maintenance and repairs on my bike and cars. I get greasy right along with the guys. :-)

I bought a non running 97 Z3 Roadster with the 1.9 4cyl and manual transmission in October. Guy said it had a cracked head (overheating and leaking coolant) and I bought it for almost nothing. Ended up having a destroyed water pump but the head is fine. I've put less than $500 in it and it's running great. PO didn't treat it well but little by little she's coming back to life. I'm looking forward to a lot of fun in it this spring.
    Last edited by christeymg; 12-01-2017 at 01:05 PM.

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Welcome, and enjoy!

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by hutchisonj View Post
    Hi everyone!

I'm Jim from Dover, DE and I picked up a 99 Z3 with 85,000 miles on it about 3 weeks ago. It was in great shape other than the tires being worn, mismatched and hard, and the stock chrome wheels literally falling apart in big chunks. I've taken care of those problems and some of the problems that every Z3 has that I have read about in some of the informative posts.

I'm 61 and a mechanical engineer and am the original owner of a 90 Miata that I basically keep stock until 3 years ago and I have recently begun to modify. My wife and I thought the Z3 would be fun to just drive and not worry as much about keeping pristine. That said, I am finding I like the Z3 a lot and will probably start tackling some mods on it as well!

Looking forward to being active in the forum and as I said above, I have already used the search functions extensively to solve several problems! As a very active user of Miata.net, I know the value of an outstanding online forum!

Jim
    Welcome from a fellow Delawarean (though I live in PA). I hope the earthquake yesterday didn't cause you any difficulty!
    I'm fairly new here also and have found this forum very helpful, and a good supportive community.
    I'll keep my eyes open for your car(s) next time I get down to LSD.

Brad

PS. For you non-Delawareans, that's not Limited-Slip Differential, it's Lower, Slower Delaware.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5, 2021 330xi
    Hi All,

Writing from Eastern Long Island, NY. Picked up a garage queen 5 speed, 2001, 2.5 Roadster with 41k miles on it this summer. Pretty much a midlife criZis toy. My DD is a 2006 E90 xDrive, that I've owned since 2008, now with 209k. One of the reasons I decided to get a Z3, in addition to absolutely loving it's lines, is the great BMW enthusiast communities that exist to help challenged DIYer's like me. Not to mention, I probably couldn't afford not one, but two, Bimmers.

Besides having a blast driving the Z around, I've managed to get a few things done, all with great advise gleaned from this and a few other forums: antenna grommet, diff fluid (Red Line 70W-90), tranny fluid (Pentosin MTF2...made a huge difference in shifting and restored my ego), rear window (from ADM), new inlay for shift knob, and solid M style rubber LCAB's. Of course, lot's of detailing too. Still need to do a coolant flush, brake and power steering fluid change and shocks/struts (hoping that will improve the harsh, skittish handling).

I've been a BMWCCA member since I bought the E90 and recently joined the ZSCCA. Highly recommend supporting both organizations that aren't already: the BMWCCA for it's great magazine and dealer discounts and the ZSCCA because, well, it's about Z's!!

Cheers to all...Happy motoring.

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3
    Welcome from a fellow Delawarean (though I live in PA). I hope the earthquake yesterday didn't cause you any difficulty!
    I'm fairly new here also and have found this forum very helpful, and a good supportive community.
    I'll keep my eyes open for your car(s) next time I get down to LSD.

Brad

PS. For you non-Delawareans, that's not Limited-Slip Differential, it's Lower, Slower Delaware.

Thanks for checking in Brad. Interestingly, I was in the driveway working on the Z3 when the earthquake happened. My house is just a couple of miles from where the center of the quake was. There was a very loud boom...and then the shaking started. No real problems, just a little disconcerting! Looking forward to many years of BMW enjoyment!

My Cars
    2001 z3 3.0
    My name is Victor 60 years young and purchased a 2001 Z3 3.0 a couple of weeks ago 99,000 m . I am a maintenance manager for an international paper manufacturing company. I have an electrical back ground but am proficient in several crafts. I have recently certified in machinery lubrication 1 and 2 through the Noria institute and work closely with Mobil engineers for our lubrication needs. I can help with lubrication related questions and have the resources to find the answers if I don't know. Learning fast about the Z3 so far needed a radiator change, oil filter canister gasket, differential oil change(quart low). Transmission started slipping pulled the plug and about 1/2 quart of black fluid came out. I was depressed. Did a 12 quart flush changed the filter and no issues. The pan magnet was surprisingly clean. Car runs great, lots of good info on this forum hope to pay some back. Going to take a look at the heater control valve next.

- - - Updated - - -

My name is Victor 60 years young and purchased a 2001 Z3 3.0 a couple of weeks ago 99,000 m . I am a maintenance manager for an international paper manufacturing company. I have an electrical back ground but am proficient in several crafts. I have recently certified in machinery lubrication 1 and 2 through the Noria institute and work closely with Mobil engineers for our lubrication needs. I can help with lubrication related questions and have the resources to find the answers if I don't know. Learning fast about the Z3 so far needed a radiator change, oil filter canister gasket, differential oil change(quart low). Transmission started slipping pulled the plug and about 1/2 quart of black fluid came out. I was depressed. Did a 12 quart flush changed the filter and no issues. The pan magnet was surprisingly clean. Car runs great, lots of good info on this forum hope to pay some back. Going to take a look at the heater control valve next.

My Cars
    2002 Z3 M Coupe, 2005 M3
    Older video, possible repost but still a great short video for those on the fence.

Another plug for MCoupeBuyersGuide.com, I'm thinking a forum member here? Anyone know whose coupe this is? Looks great with the Steel Grey and red/black interior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbs1C_fVrq8
    I love my car.

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster

Where I'm from, we call that Lakeshore Drive

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Roadster
    My truck was in the shop for a couple weeks, so I borrowed dad's weekend fun-car, a Miata. It was during the nicest two weather weeks in the history of Texas, and we had a blast! I sold my last motorcycle almost 4 years ago, and was surprised at the common feelings of freedom a convertible brings.

So I started hunting for my first fun-car. After about three weeks, I settled on this - a one owner 2001 2.5i that turned 26k miles on the way home. I probably paid too much - did pay too much - but the 78 year old gentleman had bought it for his wife 16 years ago, and it's stayed in his very nice home climate-controlled garage. The only think I can find it needs are the seat rail bushings - ordered those from Whalen this morning - and ordered some Weathertech rubber floor mats to preserve the original mats, as well as extra protection for the carpet.

We have a vacation home in Ruidoso, NM, and I'm really looking forward to spending some time on the mountain roads. My wife and I would like to drive the Natchez Trace, as well, but the 11 year old son is causing a few years delay in that plan.

The drive home from Lakeway (Lake Travis area outside of Austin) was great, and the Chili's (shown) has a terrific deck overlooking the lake in Marble Falls.

This site was an INCREDIBLE help in knowing what to look for. It helped eliminate a number of prospects.

It amazes me that you can drive such a great car for, what seems to me, a real bargain of a price.

To all you fellas that take the time to post the helpful knowledge on so many different areas of Z3 ownership, thank you.

Merry Christmas!

IMG_0003.jpg IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0102.jpg IMG_0105.jpg
    Last edited by ntinkle; 12-13-2017 at 04:20 PM.

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Wow. That car is basically brand new!

I'd LOVE to get my 2.8 into that condition.

My Cars
    1996 Z3 Roadster
    Hello all. I am RA. I've been reading posts here a while but this is my first response. Looking forward to more great info and seeing all the awesome pics.

My Cars
    E32 750il, E39 540iM
    Just joined with Tapatalk. Looking for info so I can twin turbo my E32 750il. Currently own that and an e39 540iM. Previously owned e30 325e, e24 633csi, e46 328ci and some VW's and a lifted impreza

Sent from my ZTE A2017 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gidenkidenk; 12-21-2017 at 08:46 PM.

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Welcome to Bimmerforums. Just a heads-up, this is actually the Z3 forum.

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3 1.9
    Hello from Indiana.....

My name is David and I am a retired warehouse manager and now currently a tennis official that travel and work with the tennis pros. I love being an official and have got the opportunity to visit every state.

I just purchased a 1996 BMW z3 1.9 soft top for $2000 and so new at this, I have no clue where to begin. It does need a lot of work on the inside !! However, the engine and body are not too bad for being over 20 years old. My son who is attending Greenville Tech for body and motor school has agreed to help me (even though he is busy with his own remodel. The person I bought it from says he got it for his daughter to drive back and forth from school. It has 174,500 miles on it and I am hoping just to use it as a weekend car.
    So, I just purchased a new soft top because the son says mine needs replaced (and it really does). We are changing the oil, transmission and brake fluid today and changing the front and rear brakes tomorrow (the son is only here for another week). I could use some advice where to get interior parts that won't take me to the bank. This model does not have the roll bars and the back console is $700. The people before me rigged up a make shift lid and it works but looks awful. Also where would I get the seat belt covers?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with parts. I am willing to travel to get them if the price is right.

David

My Cars
    1998 M Roadster
    Another hello from Indiana...

I just bought a 98 M Roadster with 68K on it. In pretty good shape although it has a slight clunk in the back when I hit 2nd gear. I checked all the spot welds for the so called subframe issue and was happy to find no problems at all so I am hoping it is just old bushings. Will be putting it away for the winter tomorrow since we are supposed to get 3 inches of snow. Looking forward to spring already! I have already found tons of info on the site and I hope to own this car for a long time.

Tim

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    Hey Guys, I'm Kent Crane. 53 years old from outside of Atlanta, GA. My wife's uncle just gave me his 1996 Atlanta blue Z3 roadster. 154,000 miles. We hauled it home from Indiana because it wasn't running and is in pretty rough shape. After putting in a new battery it started right up and runs like a champ, however it still has many issues. Terrible squeaking from the back when the top is up which I believe is the RSM but I have more questions if you guys can help. No.1, the gear shift knob comes off. Do the replaces just pop back on?
    No. 2, the power seats do not work and are stuck in the full back position. I would like to remove the seats to clean or maybe replace the carpet but can't get to the back bolts. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Really love the car.

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    The knob just pushes on, retained by plastic gator teeth. For #2, would be best to start your own thread.

My Cars
    1999 M Roadster
    Hey all, I'm a noob to this BMW driving experience. I've been driving VW TDI's the last few years as company owned cars. So I have a little experience with German cars. I recently purchased a good condition, neglected 99 Z3 M with about 103k miles. It seems to run well but is in awful need of some TLC, both cleaning and getting wear and maintenance items addressed. First things first, just need to get it cleaned up from driving it home the other day as it began to snow.

Live near Indianapolis, IN. Hope to drive it to the 500 this coming May, who knows what the weather will be like.

Look forward to being part of this topless club!!!

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by rf900rkw View Post
    The knob just pushes on, retained by plastic gator teeth. For #2, would be best to start your own thread.
    Will do, thanks.

Kent

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Kent, if the shifter knob is too loose when you put it back on, take it back off and wrap a small piece of paper around the shaft and put the knob back on. This will tighten it up quite nicely.

Marty

Page 45 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast