Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1660

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    BMW 2.8 z3, Chevy z71
    Well, I'm new to the forum and new to BMW's. I have a 1999.5 Alpine white 2.8L roadster with 117k on the clock. I am getting it back in running condition and learning all kinds of wonderful things about BMW cars such as Dual Mass Flywheels, Transverse acceleration sensor calibration, etc.
    Steep learning curve with BMW's, but when the little Z3 is running correctly, it's a pleasure to drive. I don't find the transmission super smooth, but the engine is just a smooth little powerhouse. I am not a race car driver, and this is my first "sports car", so to me it handles really well. I'm accustomed to pickup trucks.
    So saying hello and hoping to pick your minds for information. Have a good day!

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3 2.3

Smile Z3 4 Z - Anniversary Gift

For my wife on our 46th Anniversary, I bought a low millage (25k) 1999 Z3 Roadster 2.3 in Dark Green Tan leather interior and some other amenities. Auto trans. Picked it up about a month ago and tagged a deer in its 2nd week. Just back out of the body shop and looks like a new. Runs great. This car had been garaged since new and will be from now on. see photo here http://markscarroll.blogspot.com/201...niversary.html

My Cars
    2k Z3 2.3 & 2k Golf 1.8T
    Hello, acquired a 2000 Z3 Roadster in Topaz Blue and confident that I will be undertaking a few projects that will require borrowed knowledge and experience. The car runs well but has typical RF corner valve cover oil seep. Lowered one inch, and given 18 inch wheels with very low profile tires, it has a beautiful stance, but probably needs new shocks or bushings as it chatters excessively around sharp corners where the road is less than smooth. I'll post a photo after I have a chance to clean it up a little. Typical large paint chips on trunk lid which also has a dent and is misaligned. Almost looks as though a previous owner had something mounted on the trunk -- weird.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.8
    Came upon a clean, not perfect 2000 Z3 2.8 with auto transmission. Bought it with 58k and I'm the third owner. Slowly picking my way through small things that I can see need replacing like belts, hoes etc. We've only put about 500 miles on the car and a few problems developed, it seems, at about the same time. Started having trouble running the power top, cruise control stopped working and the transmission failure light has come on. In searching out each of these issues, all three seem to have a common denominator and that is the brake light switch. I think I'm going to try that fix first. It looks like there's a ton of advice on this site, so I'm asking does replacing the brake light switch seem reasonable? Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

My Cars
    BMW F80
    Hi everyone,

My name is Jay and i'm new to the forum. I have owned BMW's for about 10 years and this is my 3rd Ultimate driving machine. First was an e36, then a Dinan e92 and finally the newest addition is the 2017 F80 in metallic white. NO mods on this one yet

My Cars
    2001 z3 coupe
    Bought near perfect black on black 2001 z3 coupè steptronic. Always wanted one. Prefer manual but am getting used to trans. Original in every way except radio. New license plate coming with same name as here; see you on the freeway.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 2.8 Roadster 5sp
    Hi everybody,
    I'm Clint, found my 1998 Atlantic Blue / Sand Beige 5 speed roadster about a year-and-a-half ago. Only 65k on it when I bought it, now just turned 90k, as it's my daily driver. Did the "add legroom" mod and now fits my sorta tall self nicely. Did the coils, plugs, etc., and replaced all the fluids with synthetics. Getting a lot of top down time here in sunny Orange County, California. This is the perfect car for around here!
    1st time BMW owner. Car is too quiet, though - I need some noise, so as money permits, I'll get an exhaust soon! I've already asked some questions here, so thanks for all your replies and advise.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.8
    Greetings. New to BMW world after renovating a '71 VW Bus...Purchased a 2000 Z3 2.8, and have been lurking around here and finding very useful pre-purchase information. The car is pretty sweet, with only 67K miles on it. Thought about upgrading the cooling system myself, but will likely defer to the pro's. Thank you all for your expertise. It is truly appreciated.

My Cars
    2013 frontier
    Wie geht’s? long time luker. Shopping for a Z3. I live in western Colorado. I've had three Bmw's in the past a 2002 (not the year) 528 and 325i, along with several British roadsters. Looking forward to getting back into a BMW with a drop top.

My Cars
    2002 BMW Z3
    Hi, My name is Joanie, I live in Belle River Ontario Canada. I own a 2002 Z3 3.0 and have loved her since the day I got her. She's my sunday funday car and still has less than 60000km.
    I love the power of the engine and the only time I pray for a red light is when I'm in this car and at the front of the line! She loves to be opened up
    I have followed this site for years but have never had a need for questions until now.
    I'm scared to drive her at night as the head lamps are terribly dim. I have been trying to find aftermarket light packages but would really like to know if others have had theirs replaced and what choice of lamp they went with.
    Thank you for maintaining a great forum and for any assistance you can provide.
    Joanie

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by joanie5; 08-22-2017 at 01:30 PM.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 convertible
    Hi All, I am doing this forum bass ackwards, I signed up for the forum but never got a confirmation code for almost 2 weeks until I came across a link to a forum administrator, two days after I sent him/her an email I was on and I immediately started to post questions. I am also on the Bimmerfest forum.
    I got my 1997 Z3 2.8 5 speed convertible a couple weeks ago by trading My Harley with my younger brother for it, he lives in upstate Florida and I am in the Miami area. it had some AC issues so I ordered a new compressor, drier and expansion valve and he had it installed, all except the valve, was to hard to get at and the system was working fine, the issue was the compressor was leaking freon slowly every week, So now I have it with a new ac system, he drove it down here and then rode the Harley back home. 350 miles is a long and painful ride if you have not been riding for 20 years as he found out.
    The Z has some issues, the sap system was not functioning properly, it had a rough idle for a couple minutes when started cold and the gear shift is very very stiff, and it was missing all the hubcaps, it now has hub caps and still has the other issues. I am working my way along on these two forums to finding the problem and finally fixing them, I am a ford/chevy guy and could fix any of them but these cars are a whole diff thing and I love the way they are built. I had no idea these things were as powerful and fast as they are, once I get the oil changed in the tranny I am sure it will shift better (Fingers Crossed). I am closing in on the SAP thing, I have proven everything works except now nothing is getting power and I am tracking down the relay in question.
    Please don't get mad at me for asking lots and lots of questions.
    Bill, known in Miami as Bilito

My Cars
    2002 M Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by joanie5 View Post
    Hi, (snip) I'm scared to drive her at night as the head lamps are terribly dim. I have been trying to find aftermarket light packages but would really like to know if others have had theirs replaced and what choice of lamp they went with.
    Thank you for maintaining a great forum and for any assistance you can provide.
    Joanie
    If you can find some stock wattage HIR bulbs and use them in the stock headlights they almost make them acceptable; they are much brighter. True HIR's will require a minor modification to fit in our reflectors, but it is just clipper work on plastic. If you search the Z3 forum you should find details.

Marty

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Old site member, new Z3 owner here.

As shown in my sig, I had a 1982 BMW 518i (South African E12/8), that I used primarily for shows. Then I got "relieved" of it, and I bought an old VW after I got tired of driving around to see wrecks (or VIN tampering). Now I traded the VW for a '99 roadster. My daily runner is also a 30 year old Mazda.

As you can all probably see, I'm quite into old cars, and this is actually my first "computer on wheels". It's also technically too new for club events (SAVVA over here states 20 years for a car to be old, but the club I'm in states 30 years), but I'm hoping that it'll be a great show car in a couple years. The car is Atlanta Blue with a black interior, and 179k km on the clock.

Anyway, since I see people do ask questions here, I did notice something odd. My car is a prefacelift, but for some reason it has side airbags (according to Wikipedia that was a facelift thing). Any idea why that might be the case?
    1999 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project
    1970 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project (sold)
    1982 BMW 518i E12/8 - stolen
    1987 Mazda 323 1.5 SL - daily driver, backup show car

My Cars
    2000 Z3 , 2008 GMC Yukon
    What's up Guys ( Girls ) my name is Fred V , I live in the beautiful Emerald Coast of NW Florida ( Panhandle ) and have been a Car enthusiast since I could drive at 16 ... grew up a Navy Brat , and my Father , Grandfather and Uncles were all into Cars , so I was exposed at an early age ... when I started buying my own Cars my first was a Conquest Tsi , so my relationship with Boosted Cars began ... I had a Starion Esi-R at the same time and sold them both to buy a FD3S RX-7 ... I had numerous RX-7 generations , but by far my FD was my best , I had over $70K invested in it at the end :/ ... also had a 1965 Porsche 356C for about 10 years , the one I never should have let go ... also had numerous air cooled VW's and my very first car in high school was an 81 Camaro given to me by my Father :P ... I also acquired the 2000 Z3 from him ... he had it for about 10 years himself , then I got it when he was no longer able to drive a manual 5-speed ... it sat in my garage untouched for the past 4 years and only this year have I began driving it ... VERY Fun Car , I am mostly going to keep it stock as far as HP but will probably upgrade suspension , brakes , wheels , and intake / exhaust to let her breathe better ... I am looking forward to being a member of this Forum , and will try to be a productive member as well
    Last edited by Gatr1Fred; 08-23-2017 at 11:38 PM.

My Cars
    NA
    Hi! I'm Jenn. Live in Buffalo, NY. Coming from a Honda CR-Z that was totaled a year ago. /sniff She will be missed. I'm picking up my 2001 Z3 2.5 Friday morning. 49k miles and looks very well taken care of. Only a scratch or two that I've found. Had my friend do the test drive for me since he knew what to look and listen for. I'm not new to RWD vehicles but definitely for convertibles. Practically fell in my lap as I wasn't even looking for this car. Will be my daily driver 15miles round trip during the week and garage kept. My biggest hurdle will be the winter here. Where does one find hard tops for these? I've seen them and I know they were an optional accessory. Are they really that rare to find on eBay or Craigslist?

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    JRez36:

I'm still new to the Z3, but from what I've seen so far they are rare. Also, don't be picky with colour, if you find one it will rarely be the right colour. So if you look for one, be prepared to have it painted to match your car.

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my intro (it is in my profile though), I'm from Vanderbijlpark in South Africa.
    1999 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project
    1970 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project (sold)
    1982 BMW 518i E12/8 - stolen
    1987 Mazda 323 1.5 SL - daily driver, backup show car

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Quote Originally Posted by JRez36 View Post
    Hi! I'm Jenn. Live in Buffalo, NY. Coming from a Honda CR-Z that was totaled a year ago. /sniff She will be missed. I'm picking up my 2001 Z3 2.5 Friday morning. 49k miles and looks very well taken care of. Only a scratch or two that I've found. Had my friend do the test drive for me since he knew what to look and listen for. I'm not new to RWD vehicles but definitely for convertibles. Practically fell in my lap as I wasn't even looking for this car. Will be my daily driver 15miles round trip during the week and garage kept. My biggest hurdle will be the winter here. Where does one find hard tops for these? I've seen them and I know they were an optional accessory. Are they really that rare to find on eBay or Craigslist?
    Welcome, Jenn. Congrats on finding a nice '01 with low mileage.

The last time I looked at eBay for tops, I saw 2 hardtops, each overpriced, IMO. This was probably in July.
    I bought my Z3 in March and within a month had a hardtop for it, which had been advertised on eBay. I drove ~90 minutes to pick it up and the total cost for me (top, necessary hardware from a 3rd party, tolls/fuel for pick-up) was probably around $2000.

When looking, if your car does not already have them, be sure to enquire whether the mounting brackets are included. These are bolted directly onto the car to accept the posts and latches which are part of the top. If you have them already on your car, then pick-up and installation should be easy (10-15 minutes to adjust after initial installation; bring a friend!). If you don't have the hardware, buy it ahead of time and install it before you get a top. A guy in Tennessee sells them on eBay. He was very helpful when I bought mine. I can look up his contact info if you need it.

Cheers,
    Brad

My Cars
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by Watch Carefully View Post
    Welcome, Jenn. Congrats on finding a nice '01 with low mileage.

The last time I looked at eBay for tops, I saw 2 hardtops, each overpriced, IMO. This was probably in July.
    I bought my Z3 in March and within a month had a hardtop for it, which had been advertised on eBay. I drove ~90 minutes to pick it up and the total cost for me (top, necessary hardware from a 3rd party, tolls/fuel for pick-up) was probably around $2000.

When looking, if your car does not already have them, be sure to enquire whether the mounting brackets are included. These are bolted directly onto the car to accept the posts and latches which are part of the top. If you have them already on your car, then pick-up and installation should be easy (10-15 minutes to adjust after initial installation; bring a friend!). If you don't have the hardware, buy it ahead of time and install it before you get a top. A guy in Tennessee sells them on eBay. He was very helpful when I bought mine. I can look up his contact info if you need it.

Cheers,
    Brad
    Thanks Brad! That would be super helpful. I've been searching around and did read about needing the mounting hardware. I've seen some eBay listings that said it wasn't provided so I've been searching for a 3rd party that has them. I intend to drive it during the winter so a hard top would definitely make the trip to work a bit more comfortable.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatr1Fred View Post
    What's up Guys ( Girls ) my name is Fred V , I live in the beautiful Emerald Coast of NW Florida ( Panhandle ) and have been a Car enthusiast since I could drive at 16 ... grew up a Navy Brat , and my Father , Grandfather and Uncles were all into Cars , so I was exposed at an early age ... when I started buying my own Cars my first was a Conquest Tsi , so my relationship with Boosted Cars began ... I had a Starion Esi-R at the same time and sold them both to buy a FD3S RX-7 ... I had numerous RX-7 generations , but by far my FD was my best , I had over $70K invested in it at the end :/ ... also had a 1965 Porsche 356C for about 10 years , the one I never should have let go ... also had numerous air cooled VW's and my very first car in high school was an 81 Camaro given to me by my Father :P ... I also acquired the 2000 Z3 from him ... he had it for about 10 years himself , then I got it when he was no longer able to drive a manual 5-speed ... it sat in my garage untouched for the past 4 years and only this year have I began driving it ... VERY Fun Car , I am mostly going to keep it stock as far as HP but will probably upgrade suspension , brakes , wheels , and intake / exhaust to let her breathe better ... I am looking forward to being a member of this Forum , and will try to be a productive member as well
    Hey Fred. Welcome.
    I'm over in Tallahassee. But have quite a few Z friends over your way.
    Come join our little group. Part of ZSCCA.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1760822664162187

Covers Tallahassee then West to the Fl border.

Hope to catch up with you on one of our drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Hello All!! New to the forums but look forwarding to meeting alot of you! ... Heres my car .. and a before and after , planning on writing up my build thread soon!

My Cars
    '01 Mcoupe / '16 Golf R
    I've been on this forum for an eternity, and for the last few years mostly just goofing off in OT...

Had my m coupe, purchased from another member here, since 2010 I think. Loved it then, still do. When it comes to this car, I've had the odd small issue but I can be a bit of a paranoid hypochondriac... so I figured that while it's running just fine, why fuel my paranoia with everyone else's Z3 problems???

I've set aside funds for this thing but now I'm not letting house/wife/kids/investments hijack my agenda anymore.

I have to jog my memory, but I think I've done the following

- powerflex bushings all around
    - Front suspension overhaul w/ Lemforder
    - Strong strut body strut and butt strut
    - Rogue RSMs
    - UUC ssk
    - UUC ltw flywheel + e34 M5 clutch
    - TC Kline S/A street C/O kit
    - Pagid sport rotors, hawk pads, forget which brake lines
    - Randy Forbes rod bearing replacement + other normal maintenance items

Immediately on deck are (ordered)

- CPI single step headers
    - Supersprint catless section 1, x pipe, and exhaust/mufflers

About to order

- Randy Forbes subframe kit
    - PSdesigns velocity stacks and TTSF tune
    - TMS pullies
    - better tires

Likely to happen
    - strut tower reinforcement plates and strut tower braces
    - sway bars (will need recommendations... I may autox/track 2-3 times a year, enough for me to care about optimal performance)
    - Any kind of diff that's better than stock, whether 3.46, 3.73, 3.91, sheeeeit anything. No clue how to go about locating this!

My Cars
    1999 BMW Z3
    Just received a 1999 BMW Z3 2.5L i6, (actually my daughter did!). I enjoy working on vehicles as a past time and do 90%+ of my own services and I've taking a liking to the Z3. Needs some work, but I expect might it will be a nice project car for me as long as drive train is pretty decent. A few (minor) glitches are showing through, possible ews/dme intermittent issue and an intermittent automatic transmission check light. Car has been in storage the last 3 years, so looking at first doing fluid and filter changes. Code cables have been ordered and just waiting for slow boat from you know where! My trade (30years) is electronics engineering and RF tech. I have found a s**t ton of information here on the forum, and expect to be spending a lot of time doing my research right here!

My Cars
    2006 325i
    Hi,

Im the noob that has been blowing up the forum with questions lately. Doing plenty of researching as well

Building a 2001 3.0i that I bought 2 weeks ago for the track asap.

-Bobby

My Cars
    1999 m coupe

M Coupe

On my third bought one ne in 99. Just added a 355 to to the stable, and M5
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1999 m coupe

Bmw m coupe

On my third one bought new in 99. Now have a sunroof delete 43k miles. Just added 355 g6 speed and and m5.

sorry for the doublê post
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ljpviper; 08-31-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 18333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast