Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1660

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Coupe
    Hi Everybody. Jim here, it's time to stop lurking, especially since I'm starting to post elsewhere. Just about a year ago I picked up my first BMW, a manual 2000 Z3 Coupe 2.8 with 70k miles in Metro Detroit. I have always wanted the oddly Coupe, preferably an M, but have not been able to justify their increase in value. My nice example came along and I jumped on it very quickly, even with its history of being a rebuilt for driver side front suspension damage. The PO rebuilt it nicely and with some M bodywork so at first glance it passes as an M. The PO had OEM 17" Style 32s installed, which I like the look of, but they were for an E39 and the offset caused too much rub up front. I didn't drive it much because of this and put it away for winter while I waited for a decent pair of Z3 sized Style 32s to pop up. I got a new set of 32s that fit nicely, it's spring, and time to start driving again, although I have to solve a cooling system issue first. Anyway, I'm rambling again.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 M Roadster
    I am new to the forum, and just purchased a 2000 Z3M Roadster. She is a blast to drive and looks great.
    I am just lurking and reading interesting posts for now, but I am sure I will have questions in the future.

My Cars
    1978 Trans am
    Hey everyone, I'm Karl. I'm new on here and I'm a potential owner of a Z3 soon. Currently I drive a honda accord as a daily driver and have a 1978 trans am.

I'm looking at a 1997 Z3 with approximately 100K miles. What kind of maintenance would you guys suggest be done on it as soon as I purchase (if I purchase it)? Also, what are some things to look out for? I'm new to the BMW world but have been working on cars for years, I do all the maintenance on my honda and rebuilt my trans am from the ground up with my dad. Thanks in advance for any help.

Karl

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    2000 Z3 Roadster 2.3. Next statement will likely get me booted :-).... I intend to convert it to electric... 172kilomiles on the engine but running well. I'll enjoy the gas engine through the summer and start the conversion this winter. Currently looking around for clues to the best way to convert the headlights to LED. The lenses I have are original and pretty fogged over. I've tried to clean old lenses before and it doesn't really do that great of a job and needs done regularly. Looking at several 3rd party options and varying degrees of mixed reviews. Usually along the line of (looks awesome... doesn't light the road as well...). Just trying to see if there are some decent ones out there or if those kinda-good ones can be upgraded with better lights.

Tim

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Check with Neil Young on that thought. He had a caddy converted to electric by a local dude. All was going fine ..until it caught fire :-/. In the distant future this is something all of us will probably have to do if we want to keep them on the road.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Yep. Definitely a risk to be managed. I intend to install a sprinkler system in the garage before I start and be uber detailed on cable routing, insulation, fuses, securing the battery, and do some thermography.

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthefinn View Post
    Yep. Definitely a risk to be managed. I intend to install a sprinkler system in the garage before I start and be uber detailed on cable routing, insulation, fuses, securing the battery, and do some thermography.
    I think that is a really cool project! Make sure you start a build thread, I would love to follow the progress on this.

My Cars
    2014 BMW 328i Sportline
    What's going on!? I'm Steve from New Orleans, LA with a 2014 BMW 328i (Sportline package). I love the car, but I leased it and am approaching the end of said lease... Damn shame I've waited this long to register for this forum!

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.8
    I've been lurking since my spontaneous purchase a month ago of my 97 Z3 2.8, I'm 56 and my names Brian, from New Brunswick,Canada
    Fun little car.not sure its a full replacement for my Naked Sport bike, but wifely at least can get in it,lol

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.8
    [QUOTE=gutterboy2ca;29736070]I've been lurking since my spontaneous purchase a month ago of my 97 Z3 2.8, I'm 56 and my names Brian, from New Brunswick,Canada
    Fun little car.not sure its a full replacement for my Naked Sport bike, but wifely at least can get in it,
    Edit,forgot pic

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Hello folks,
    My name is Brad--I have been thinking for several years about getting a nimble modern-ish 2-seater to replace a '74 450SL I own...a fellow up the street offered to sell me his Z3 and now I have both!...although the Benz is being readied for sale.

Mine is a 1997 2.8 in Schwartz, for which I have bought a silver hardtop. The car is my first BMW--I have owned a lot of other German cars (Scirocco Mk I x3, GTI, A6 Avant, A4 x2...) and am surprised it took me 30+ years to get around to a bimmer. In the mid-1980s I ran around with guys who drove 2002s but, as a college student, I never had the cash to join the club.

Plans for the car include upgrading the 16" wheels to 17" with sticky rubber (wheels have been obtained, tires in progress), sorting out some minor niggles (replaced broken fog lamps and missing trim piece, seat bushings done, fan resistor in progress...), and perhaps lowering and stiffening the chassis a tad.

Cosmetically, my Zed is showing its 20 years--myriad stone chips, small dings, scrapes, a badly corroded left wing mirror base, entirely faded roundels--but it has character and eventually I may give it an irreverent Rat Rod treatment instead of a restorative respray. So long as the weather holds here in S.E. Penna., it is my daily driver. I needn't tell you how much fun it is...but I just got back from a 90-minute session of driving back roads to nowhere on a clear, 75-degree day, for no purpose at all.

Sorry I haven't a newer photo of the car with the top down than one I took the day I brought it home:

EDIT
    Mission accomplished:

Last edited by Watch Carefully; 06-10-2017 at 04:18 PM. Reason: new image

My Cars
    BMW Z3 1.9
    Hi All, Johnny here...so I live in Ireland and ancient myths passed down from my granda to my father to me says that one day we will experience 'sunshine' ... a time when those driving convertible cars will be able to look up to the sky and say "look daddy, sun!". So I just bought a Z3 (sadly) 1.9 only but widebody nonetheless just in case sunshine came in my lifetime. I'm ready as the electric roof actually worked too! Cars mint but stock and boring...but I'm gonna change that 😉 To be slammed and fitted with a better loud peddle, deep dish rims and nothing to serious about the car. This ones for fun. Down side is I'm (genuinely) colour blind so I accidentally bought dark green when I wanted black...only the missus told me then I would have been happy to go on driving thinking it was black...(damm, where's me hammerite...)...cheers to all 🙏😜

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Welcome everyone!

Tapatalk w/ S7 Edge. As such, as much as I would like to, I can't vote in your poll.

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    1997 z3 2.8
    Hi Everyone, I thought I'd introduce myself. Long time BMW/mini owner having owned a E53 X5, E60 535I, E82 135I, F80 M3 and now a new to me 2007 Z3 2.8. I bought it off of another forum member with 88,000 miles. It is a blast to drive! My first convertible in a really long time. I wish I had done this earlier.

Overall it is in good condition. Brand new top, engine runs smoothly, mechanically it seems very sound. Some cosmetic issue, paint is dull and faded in some areas, a few scratches, nicks etc. but nothing terrible. I finally got a chance to give it a good hand wash, clay bar and some sealant tonight. Can't say that made much of a difference to the paint, still looks dull in spots and does not feel silky smooth. I might have to invest in an orbital polisher unless I can find some wax that give is some more sheen. I also gave it the first mod, new chrome tail pipes.

2017-06-12 19.27.08.jpg2017-06-12 19.27.42.jpg2017-06-12 19.27.22.jpg2017-06-12 19.34.26.jpg2017-06-12 19.39.42.jpg

My Cars
    1997 z3 2.8
    Hi everyone, I just picked up a '97 2.8 Triple Black from another forum member. This is my 5 or 8th BMW product depending if you count Minis. I had posted a better description yesterday with pictures, but it has not appeared, not sure what happened. Perhaps I can't post pictures yet even though I've been lurking for years on this forum. Most of my activity has been on bimmerpost since I had an E82 135i and a F80 M3.

The car itself is 88K miles and it good condition all things considered for its age. It has the glovebox and seat issue, but the previous owner included the parts to fix it. Also has a brand new top which is nice. Not much in the way of service records except for recent oil, coolant and brake fluid changes. Last time it was in a dealership for service was in 2001. Most of the items in the pre-purchase sticky checked out except I have no idea if the water pump is original or not. Any immediate action I should take in terms of deferred maintenance?

Thanks!

My Cars
    VW Eos 2.0 .A7 3.0
    Hello.

I live in South Korea, of course I 'm Korean, and have 3.0i 2002 roadster with swapped manual trany.

I’ve had the car for about 1 year.

I had swapped the trany just after having it and restored the bottom parts .

I am still restoring minor problems and enjoying it.

These are my three kids
    but I love the oldest, smallest Z3 the most.

IMG_9025.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2019, BMW 320iX GT

1997 bmw z3 1,9l

Hi guys,

I am fresh Z3 1997 1,9L owner who lives in Ostrava, Czech Republic (Europe for those who don't know). My name is Michael and I felt in love with Z3 the first minute I get into it. Four weeks later I bought myslef one. Since it's a problem to get here 2,8 or 3,0 engines I wanted the strongest I could get (1,9L, 103kW).
    I will do some mods but basicaly the will be only for look or driving comfort. In my opinion 1,9L engine is not suitable for some performance tuning.
    I will add some more photos soon.
    A.jpg

My Cars
    F30 328d X-Drive
    Quote Originally Posted by drkimjb View Post
    Hello.

I live in South Korea, of course I 'm Korean, and have 3.0i 2002 roadster with swapped manual trany.

I’ve had the car for about 1 year.

I had swapped the trany just after having it and restored the bottom parts .

I am still restoring minor problems and enjoying it.

Welcome to the forum. I spent three weeks in Chang Won City South Korea about 6 years ago. I really enjoyed it. I was there for work so I didn't get to explore too much, but with the free time I had I did get to see some neat things there.

My Cars
    VW Eos 2.0 .A7 3.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Venom13132 View Post
    Welcome to the forum. I spent three weeks in Chang Won City South Korea about 6 years ago. I really enjoyed it. I was there for work so I didn't get to explore too much, but with the free time I had I did get to see some neat things there.
    Nice to meet you Venom13132.

I live in Busan just by Changwon, you know.
    Thanks for welcoming...

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    Hi I'm JD. Recently purchased 1998 Z3 with 104K miles. It's in pretty good shape but didn't come with any service records so I replaced the cooling system components, belts, struts, control arms and had the ac recharged. I'll need to replace a fog lamp, seat belt guides and some minor upholstery work under the guides. It came with a hardtop. The car is white with read seats. I smile a lot when I'm driving it. Pretty fun.

My Cars
    1999 Z3, 2017 E300,
    Hi All - Tom here in PA. Recently had the opportunity to relieve my friend of his 99 Z3 2.8.. in great shape with a custom leather interior (pics later). Some minor issues - (ABS Module was bad - thank you module masters!) and seems the lock actuator in the boot is shorting out..
    cannot wait to spend a long weekend hitting the curves.
    Looking forward to gaining experience and knowledge from others on this site.

My Cars
    17 Alltrack, 92 Miata
    Quote Originally Posted by topcat59 View Post
    Hi All - Tom here in PA. Recently had the opportunity to relieve my friend of his 99 Z3 2.8.. in great shape with a custom leather interior (pics later). Some minor issues - (ABS Module was bad - thank you module masters!) and seems the lock actuator in the boot is shorting out..
    cannot wait to spend a long weekend hitting the curves.
    Looking forward to gaining experience and knowledge from others on this site.
    Heh..I grew up down 447 in Canadensis..out in Nevada now. You do have some good driving roads back there though.
    Will ski for food.
    Skiers, check us out at www.pugski.com

My Cars
    BMW 135i
    Hey everyone, Just joined about 20 minutes ago. Bought my first BMW less than a week ago. 2011 N55 135i Alpine white/ Coral red leather 6mt. Beautiful car, absolutely love it Looking forward to being a part of the bmw family. I am having some problems atm. If anyone could help, that help would be greatly appreciated.

My Cars
    Bmw Z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon135i View Post
    Hey everyone, Just joined about 20 minutes ago. Bought my first BMW less than a week ago. 2011 N55 135i Alpine white/ Coral red leather 6mt. Beautiful car, absolutely love it Looking forward to being a part of the bmw family. I am having some problems atm. If anyone could help, that help would be greatly appreciated.
    This thread is more for z3's, but welcome to the fam. You should try starting a thread in the 1 series section introducing yourself and asking for help. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    1997 z3 2.8
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon135i View Post
    GREAT Car. I had a 2011 DCT 135i. As mentioned this is more of a Z3 forum. Google 1addicts. That is the biggest E82 forum.

Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast