Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3(2.5)
    Hey all my name is James and I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. I have a 2000 Z3 2.3 which I have been paying off. I bought it from my grandfather who sold it to me with only 5000 miles now I have around 14000miles. I love the car and I am probably one of the younger Z3 owner coming in at 18yo with probably the lowest milage and cleanest car( not to brag but I clean it onc a week and it has been driven in the rain only once in a while). I love this car it may not be the most useful car but I have fit 2 sets of golf clubs in the trunk (half of the clubs we sitting in the passangers lap). Right now I only have a new JVC headunit in the car with some aftermarket speakers. I dont know i would like to put on an exhaust and CAI but I need to finish paying off the car. Nice to meet you all and looking forward to talking with all you guys.
    2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Hellrot Red

My Cars
    DinanZ3, 535i,MiniCooper

Hi to all

My name is Brian and I admit I have been orbiting this site for a couple of years without contributing but extracting a good deal from your knowledge base. I am retired from an electronics firm and now enjoying our Z3 whenever I can. I love to DIY on my 02 3.0 Z I do all the maintenance and have installed DRL's, Cockpit footwell lighting, Strong Strut Tower Brace and Strong Butt Strut and Conforti CAI.

My Cars
    00' Z3 M Coupe, 06' MBZ R350
    Wassup BMWers! I had a huge crushed on the M Coupe, once I saw her @ the dealership back in 2K. While our salesman was explaining about the E46 323ci, I was paying attention to the other salesman trying to sell the M Coupe to a customer. How much is the car? 50K Where's the spare tire? No spare tire. We eventually bought the E46, but I told myself I'm going to purschase one someday. Since we bought our first house 4 years ago, I had to wait. I was patient for 4 years and I just told myself 1 more year to purschase a S54. I couldn't wait, in 04' I took the plunge and bought a 00' silver M Coupe w/57K miles. Now I have 100,xxxx miles all maintenances are up to date. I upgraded to TC Kline Racing Smart Design D/A Coilover System & Racing Dynamics Sway Bars. Right now, both front/rear sways are @ full stiffness. Front shocks compression is hard and rear shocks are soft.

My Cars
    97 Z3 1.9, 01 CLK 320
    Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy View Post
    Hi,
    my name is Bert.
    interesting that an Ernie and a Bert posted in the same thread.

My Cars
    BMW Z3,e39 540i, 2005 X3
    I've been here a little while but do not post a lot. Since the snow started flying I have not even seen my car since November 1st unfortunately.
    My name is Avery(age37), I purchased a Z3 last summer without even looking for one. My father wanted me to take a look at one he was thinking of getting. It was a Blue 96 Neiman Markus 007 edition. I told him to buy it. The next day he called and told me he bought the red one instead. I then went and got the 007 edition Z3 for myself. Best thing I ever did without thinking.
    It is just weird chance that 1 of only 100 made made it up here without anyone knowing what it was. The dealer that bought it and sent it up here to Canada told me it was 1 of a thousand produced. When I read about only 100 produced and with the great condition of the car (Came with all BMW service records as well) I just did it quickly.

Avery
    Last edited by Blue007; 02-16-2007 at 08:52 AM.

My Cars
    06' Lotus Elise
    Hey im not to new but, I just got the car a few months ago..I sold my neon witch i had in a few car shows but I wanted to upgrade.. I was looking at s2000 rx-7 and z3's for a while..I found a great deal on the 97 2.8 roadster so i Bought that witch iv been saving a while for..I live in on Long Island and as of right now Its snowing so i dont wana drive it..(salt).. Other then that im 20 and still in college, working Valet,and boiler repair.. Theres sumthing bout the coupe that i love, maybe ill find one, one of these days...
    Sold

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    here, let me introduce my car now.

SamCarney
    2001 M Roadster S54
    Imola Red/Black Imola Red

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0i 5 speed
    I've been around awhile but I'll introduce myself too. My name's Matthew and I'm a 42 year old Optometrist with a wife and 3 kids.

I bought my car off eBay in the fall of '05. Flew from PA down to Florida and drove it back. I just love the car and have very few problems to deal with--just the usual stuff like leaking top seals, replacing the rear window, brake dust...

Most of the mods I've done have been cosmetic, since I didn't grow up around car enthusiasts and never learned much about what goes on under the hood. I'm learning alot from these message boards though, and I've greatly appreciated the help many people have offered here.

Here are several threads I've initiated that would give you an idea of what I've done to my car and where my interests lie.

My Z3 Odyssey: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...ght=z3+odyssey

Hardtops!!! http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...hlight=hardtop

Glowing Gills: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...=glowing+gills

Center Console and interior upgrades http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...onsole+finally

My Cars
    '96 Z3 1.9
    I'm getting a little pissed because I've rewritten this three times now, and each time it says I can't do anything. First it said I can't post pictures. Second I can't post smilies (!).

So, real fast, I bought my '96 Z3 1.9 last Friday, and I really like it. It's Montreal Blue with a beige leather interior and a black top. It's got enough power for me (I like lightweight, four cylinder cars), and corners really well. I'm not new to BMWs--I've got an '88 E30 cabrio that I'm getting ready to sell. I never registered here because I didn't like the posters in the E30 forum--I've been a member of R3VLimited and Unofficial BMW for a long time.

I just ordered the Z3 Bentley and hope to replace all the fluids and possibly the coolant hoses and thermostat in the next few weeks (my E30 Bentley was invaluable). I also just recently joined the BMW CCA, so I'm looking forward to my first meet next month.

This seems like a great Z3 forum!

My Cars
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by pweber5 View Post
    So, real fast... It's Montreal Blue with a beige leather interior and a black top.
    It looks like we are getting more and more montreal blue owners!

Welcome everyone and enjoy your stay!

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by pweber5 View Post
    I'm getting a little pissed because I've rewritten this three times now, and each time it says I can't do anything. First it said I can't post pictures. Second I can't post smilies (!).

So, real fast, I bought my '96 Z3 1.9 last Friday, and I really like it. It's Montreal Blue with a beige leather interior and a black top. It's got enough power for me (I like lightweight, four cylinder cars), and corners really well. I'm not new to BMWs--I've got an '88 E30 cabrio that I'm getting ready to sell. I never registered here because I didn't like the posters in the E30 forum--I've been a member of R3VLimited and Unofficial BMW for a long time.

I just ordered the Z3 Bentley and hope to replace all the fluids and possibly the coolant hoses and thermostat in the next few weeks (my E30 Bentley was invaluable). I also just recently joined the BMW CCA, so I'm looking forward to my first meet next month.

This seems like a great Z3 forum!
    welcome! you need 20 posts before you can post pics

ECIS Intake:M50 Manifold:Supersprint:Bilstein/H&R Sport:RE RSM:WSM:MZ3 Front Bumper:3.73 LSD
    Waiting List: IE Bushings

My Cars
    '02 BMW Z3 2.5
    Hi group,

Been a Z3 owner for 4 years now - a 2002 2.5 roadster - Steel Grey with premium package. Car remains in stock configuration. I am married, 56 years old - not so much in stock configuratiojn myself, anymore . Kids are grown up and out of the house - time for mom and dad to play.

Bought the car primarily for the two-seat top-down driving experience. A belated replacement for the beloved navy blue Triumph TR-6 I sold 30 years ago to pay for my wedding. [Hated to see it go - but the sale was a good investment - my wife very understandingly supported the Z3 purchase!!] the Z3 is a much different car, but the smiles it brings are pretty much the same.

Thoroughly enjoy driving the Z3 obviously - now have over 50K miles on it. Wife and I have taken it on short and long trips up and down the west coast. We are members of the Puget Sound BMW CCA - a great group of enthusiasts, very supportive, knowledgable and social.

Have tinkered with the notion of going to the track for driver skills and maybe even HPDE - but waited too long - the club no longer allows convertibles at their track events, and insurance that covers track experience seems to be disappearing. SAD

So my fantasies of getting expert help with driver skills now focuses on a professional school - like Skip Barber, or perhaps a local cooperative club (non-BMW) that still permits convertibles.

Meanwhile have started volunteering as a turn-worker at club events - skills day, HPDE and even races. Totally enthused with the combined focus of performance driving and driving safety.

Have also fantasized about some mods to increase power and handling - though I accept the prinicple that the best first modification is to enhance driver skills. Anyway, as parts need replacement, I will probably upgrade the brakes and struts, and may add CAI, free-flow exhaust and even reprogram the ECU. Supercharging/turbocharging are tempting, but expensive upgrade options that may not help engine longevity. I don't plan to do the coil-over mod and lower the car - I like the ride height and comfort level as is.

Like to watch this forum to broaden my knowledge and awareness of future maintenance issues/solutions. I suppose, for example, that I may prememptivley replace the water pump as mileage approaches 60K.

Dale

My Cars
    92 Miata
    Hello,
    I am a brand new Z3 owner, only 2 weeks now. It is a 1997 White 2.8l Roadster, 5spd and only 60k on it. Bought it from an older man up the street, been working my ass off to pay for it. I absolutely love my Z3, fell in love with them when I was young and saw the Z3 in James Bond. Plan on doing auto cross and eventually HPDEs. I am probably one of the youngin's around here too, only being 18. But so far loving my Z3 every minute.

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    Hello, My name is Tom. I bought my 98 Z3 last summer from a friend who was moving to Australia and had to part with it (only 26,400 miles). I picked it up the same day my youngest kid left for college! My oldest son is an avid member of the Forum and turned me on to BWMs.

My Cars
    01' M Coupe
    I've been on the boards for a while looking for a 01' M Coupe. Finally found one from the original owner here in FL. It is silver with 20k miles on it, sunroof delete. This is going to be my first BMW. My previous vehicle was a 04' Comp Orange Mustang Cobra with tons of bolt-ons, 514whp. The M coupe is a real sports car, I am never going to look back!

First mods are going to be suspension/exhaust/shifter knob... Forced Induction later...

My Cars
    M Coupe, M3/4/5, E30
    What up Bimmer Forums!

My name is Alex, I'm a 30 year old regional airline pilot in Boulder, CO. My other interests are Hang Gliding and a semi-pro Mountain Bike Racing career that has been ended early due to injury - which is how I ended up with the M Coupe I purchased 3 weeks ago. I gave up one obsession for another.

I first saw an Imola Red M Coupe at dealer in Bountiful, UT after landing my hang glider in a field next to the dealer. After breaking down my glider I walked over to the dealer, looked at the car, and asked if he would take my hang glider on trade. He said "No!", but it's been a love affair ever since and although I struggle with not being able to race mountain bikes anymore I'm stoked to have my M Coupe. Now I just need to get it back from the East Coast. These forums have been an invaluable tool, thanks to everyone for their help!
    Last edited by Cloudbase; 02-18-2007 at 03:14 PM.

My Cars
    M Coupe, M3/4/5, E30
    I just realized my post count is high enough to post pics. Here's my new obsession:

My Cars
    2000 Z3 M Roadster

OK here goes!

Since 1965 I have owned over a hundred cars. Started out with 57 Chevies, many of them over the years.

Believe it or not, it's more economical these days to drive a used M roadster. I stumbled across a z-3 a couple of years ago, graduated to my M last April, and I
    have really enjoyed driving them. I was so impressed that I bought my wife a new X-3. Spent too much, but can't pry it out of her hands now.

Wish there was a car group around Green Bay WI to go cruising with. My old car cronies aren't real enamored with my new found enthusiasm.

My Cars
    00 M Coupe, 08 335xi
    Welcome mrfins99 - check out the Great Lakes regional forum. You'll find some information about groups etc in WI

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Hi I am a noob. My name is Kenny, I am 40 years old and I have a mildly modified M Coupe which is the quickest and fastest M Coupe in the world.

I'm a skirt chasing nancy boy, libertine and neer-do-well. I have also taken some weight reduction measures on my pride and joy.
    Last edited by MrBlonde; 05-05-2007 at 09:59 PM.
    .-=[ Kenny ]=-. See the BFc Drag Racing Standings List for BMW street cars. Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube. Some info on
    BMW turbo street car Drag Racing 101

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
    Hi I am a noob. My name is Kenny, I am 40 years old and I have a mildly modified M Coupe which is the quickest and fastest M Coupe in the world.
    It's worth mentioning that the stick used to measure this statement was the 1320.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    It's worth mentioning that the stick used to measure this statement was the 1320.
    and also that it pertains to true street cars, not the tube frame 8 second drag car in in Sweden I believe.

Welcome Kenny
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    02 MCoupe
    Hi, I'm Michelle, 29 yo Administrative Assistant in Seattle. I've been on the board for awhile as I'm always needing technical advice for the 540. Haven't been in here to much as the MCoupe runs well and isn't driven too much in the winter.

Anyway, my husband and I picked up our 2002 Steel Gray MCoupe with 7500 miles on it last September. We love it and will be driving it a lot more this spring and summer, including autocross. It's 100% stock and will probably be staying that way. Here's a couple pics I took this fall.

Mr. Blonde - saw some of your drag videos on youtube. Your car is awesome.

2002 MCoupe
    2011 MINI
    2006 Evo IX - SCCA Solo STU - sponsored by TC Motorsports and English Racing

My Cars
    '01 Z3 S54 Roadster
    Hi there
    I sold my fully built '93 MR2 with 400hp to purchase my '01 Z3 S54 in Estoril blue.. I love the car and plan to keep it stock. But then I said that about the MR2. lol It's a sickness that seems to be shared by many others here.
    The car has been in storage since early Nov. Damn Canadian winter.

My Cars
    1997 Z3 and 2005 Nissan Quest
    First post, so pictures are little while off, I guess. I'm in my first year with a 1997 Z3 1.9 (Atlanta blau) with nothing fancy. Really basic little car (tape, no CD!) but a joy to drive! Getting to the mileage where I seem to be replacing sensors and new tires are in the foreseeable future.

Found it on a used car lot as I was heading over to fix a flat tire on a Buick that i'd left in a parking lot. The Z wasn't in particularly good shape as it had arrived the night before, but I loved the test drive. Let 'em clean it up for a few days and grabbed it. The history shows it was leased in Florida for several years, then moved north, getting into Ohio, and finally down to Kentucky. My dealer got it from an auction house. Low mileage car though so it may have been on lease but wasn't driven very much. I'm fixing THAT!

My wife has brought to my attention that I've washed it more times in one year than I did my two previous cars combined! And yes, I do wipe off smudges and I do turn and look at it as I leave the garage.

Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast