Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.3 Roady
    Hi, My name is Frank and I have been a lurking around here almost daily since last June when I got my '99 2.3 Roady. I am 58 years old am a program mgr for a computer company. I live in Staten Island, NY..Probably the only member from Staten Island since I rarely see any Z3's in this area. I have wanted a Z3 since they came out in '96 but never really actively pursued it because I assumed they were out of my reach. What changed all that was when I got a call from my brother, who works in a GM dealership, and said "guess what we just got in on a trade-in". He knew I loved the Z3. So I went to take a look at it and just had to have it. At the time I had no idea of the different models(1.9,2.3.2.8 etc) but the car was really mint inside and out and had 56k on it. So I bought it. Had I known then, what I know now, thanks to this forum, I would have probably would have gone after a 2.8 or 3.0 roady(more zoom) and at least looked for the sub-frame problems, which thankfully the car does not having any signs of yet. . Anyway, I am happy with my 2.3 and don't think I will ever sell it. I have been doing basic maintenance(oil changes, coolant etc) on all my cars for 35 years, and now have learned how to change my RSM's and Shocks, cleaned my rear window so it looks like new, fixed my remote door alarm problem, and a host of other stuff thanks to you ''old timers" here on this forum. Plan to replace the subframe bushings sometime this year with IE's but will need to work with someone who has done it before so I don't screw something up. FMcfadden has offered to have me join his M Coupe Philly team when they do theirs...anyway sorry to be so long-winded and thanks to you all for this great forum.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    LOTTA young guys 18-25 with coupes and roady's

I LIKE IT..... well maybe bc im 22 as well and part of the group

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    01 Z3 3.0 Coupe, 95 Accord Wagon, 96 4Runner
    Hi, my name is Skip and I am 38 and married. Saw a coupe one night coming out of a concert and knew I would someday own one. Looked for one everywhere for about 2 years(I had to have a steptronic so my wife could drive it). Wound up finding my coupe literally 1 mile from my house on a used car lot, the car lot owner was friends with the car owner who lived in Jacksonville and brought it to Ocala to consign it. I Lurk here and on the detailing forum almost daily. The only current mod I am currently planning is changing the miles on my odometer, I have only put about 4k miles on it in a year and a half.

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Welcome to all, but an introduction with no pics is

My Cars
    00 M Coupe, 08 335xi
    Hi, My name is Robin, 41 and married. We've alwyas like the look of the Z3 and finally picked one up in Dec from a dealer in AZ. Can't wait for the better weather to arrive in Illinois.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Again welcome to all.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    e30, e46, Super Duty
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    Again welcome to all.

whore
    1991 e30 318is Slicktop - Gone
    1996 LS1 Z3 - Gone
    99 e46 323i - Gone
    2003 e46 xiT - Hers
    2014 F-250 CC- Mostly stock

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeZ View Post
    whore
    Yep, just tryin to break 5k......Mr 8k plus....
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps

My Cars
    '98 ///M Roadster. '89 525i
    Hey Guys,

Tucker here. I'm 41, single and live in the Charlotte, NC area. I am a system/security admin for local government. I have always been a gearhead...father and grandfather were always racing something or another while I was young and it was something I gravitated toward.

I ran across BF.com from a reference on a excellent forum for e34's. I joined the board about a month ago and have only posted a couple of times...been lurking for about two months! I have had my 89 525i for about 10 years and love it. The mileage is getting high on the e34, 261,000 miles, so I decided to start looking for a something with lower mileage. I have always wanted a ///M and this roadster fell in my lap!

I have had to change rear brake pads, but I haven't done any mods yet. It's pretty tricked out as is...Dinan Stage 2 suspension, Dinan Sage 2 software and Vortech s/c, water pump fan removal mod, M5 clutch and lightweight fly wheel, UUC evo short shift, 19" e46 rims(also have OZ 17x8 track rims without rubber!), HID headlight upgrade, Raybrig fogs, OEM rear spoiler, Hamann side skirts, rear diffuser and front spoiler. The one upgrade I need to do is Randy's subframe kit!

All of ya'll have made me feel welcome and I hope that I can contribute in the future.

Tucker
    '98 ///M Roadster
    '89 525i

My Cars
    2006 Giant Anthem 3
    I'm so noob that I don't even own a Bimmer, but I do buy & sell wheels on occasion.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    My name is Mike.

I am from Baltimore MD (ok, I go to school there--I live in York, PA).

I enjoy long walks on the beach, watching movies with dancing, and dreaming about unicorns. <----- Lies! All LIES!

I ACTUALLY enjoy flying (I'm a personal pilot license holder--almost. Just a few cross-country flights left--stupid weather), cool gadgets (my nitro R/C cars and planes included), racing (all forms), paintball, and driving in general.

I hope to have 1,000 posts in a month, and a Saturn Sky in six (I'll still be a bimmerforums.com patron, and a loyal BMW driver--the 'rents each own a BMW).

P. S. I'm not really a noob.
    Tires are Evil. They MUST be destroyed.

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    Hey,
    I'm Matt Mitchell and I got my 1999 Steel Grey Z3 2.3 about three years ago as my first car. I got it with 94,000 miles on it and now have 154,000. It still runs great and has a lot of spirit left in it. I have been guilty of just browsing around these forums looking for some common fixes for my problems and has proven very helpful.
    As for my car, I have put a lot of time and love into it. I got some 19in wheels off of e-bay just for looks. I am now looking around for another set just for the hell of it that are 17's. I got some Sparco Fighter seats for it along with other various interior things. I lowered it with H&R springs, Bilstein shocks and H&R sway bars. This really helped me with my autocrossing with the club. I have to show off a little and say that for my first season of autocrossing I got 8th in our top driver shootout and first in my class. That pretty much sums up my driving experience except for my high school graduation I got to do the 3-day skip barber class at Laguna Seca. That was the best thing I've ever done. I am currently attending UCMerced and am hoping to start attending track days with my car after I get the roll bar.
    This pretty much sums me and my Zed up. I am glad to be with a group of people that really care about their cars and their members! Much better then any other kind of car group.

My Cars
    99' Z3, 11' STI, Ruckus
    BTW, you can check my car out on car domain at: cardomain.com/ride/743692

sorry it won't let me do url's yet!

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    welcome noobies! didn't realize there were so many new people on here

ECIS Intake:M50 Manifold:Supersprint:Bilstein/H&R Sport:RE RSM:WSM:MZ3 Front Bumper:3.73 LSD
    Waiting List: IE Bushings

My Cars
    98 Z3 2.8
    Well i am a noob. I hate saying im a noob at anything but... well i am.
    My name is Jeremy, im 22.
    I just picked up a 2.8 roadster sliver, black int. I really wanted a coupe, but it was more then i could afford. I saw one when I was about 15 and knew someday i would get one. Maybe not new but one none the less. Well I am in Cali right now, dont really like it but I go where im sent. well umm yea.... thats me. oh yeah and i think a alcoholic also

My Cars
    1994 525i

Noob

just joined bmw forums was looking to join a forum for BMW lovers and came upon this. I own a 94' bmw 325i and i love everything about my e36. Coouple of mods so far a Dinan intake, chip and exhaust, plan on superchargeing it. and lots of cosmetic upgrades.

My Cars
    2000 //M Roadster
    Hello All,

I've been lurkin' 'round for awhile and have gleaned a lot of wonderful info from everyone who's been so kind to share it. I have a 2000 M Roadster that I'm getting ready to put a 3.73 LSD, H&R sport springs and Bilstein sport shocks this weekend. I've purchased the M50 manifold kit and hope to do that soon when time permits. Most of the mods I've done are power related i.e. Sharked, ECIS intake, Eisenmann 83MM Race exhaust...

Everyone here seems to be great at sharing information and I have to say thank you to all as it has helped me in making some of the decisions I have on the mods for the roady. I looked forward to being able to contribute more as I have more experiences with the roadster.

Now if only the snow would stop here in Denver!

-Cheers!
    Glen

My Cars
    2004 545i Sport, 6-spd
    I'm noobin' on down!

I'm David living in Houston, and I have a 2000 M Roadster (since '04). My only mod is a Bavarian Autosports programmer tune.

I just read the planet Earth's longest post ever (about the M3 and therefore M Roadster's shifter leaning right in the neutral position). That thread is why I found this forum, as my car was doing same...

I intend to gradually hotrod my M Roadster, as more and more new cars are getting faster and faster each day, and PARITY IS NOT AN OPTION (ha, ha).

My screen name comes from the locals, who seem to think that I'm a Miata, and therefore try to run me (in their F350-dually pickups/SUVs/Camry V6s/you name it).

My Cars
    99 MCoupe
    Hi I'm not much of a noob, but I like the idea of hearing about other owners. This is my 6th bmw and I'm 22. I used to be a German mechanic for a couple years, then stumbled into a job recently as a IT Professional that oversees three pretty big hospital's in Corpus Christi, TX. Most of what I do is reset passwords and network drives.........The more I work in this field the more funny stories I have. Like the nurse who asked me how to spell hospital. Anyway I love life, my car, and enjoy running a local chapter of a car club Strictly European Autosport.

I have oil in my blood; that is my dedication level to cars.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3, 1973 MGB GT
    I'm new to the forum but not BMW, I have an Alpine White 1995 M3 with the DINAN stage 1 kit. I need some help on getting my profile started (pics and such)any help would be great!

My Cars
    E36, E36/8
    Hi all. Name's Jun. I'm 40 and still young at heart and in looks (still looking late '20s). Married with a couple of toddlers. Business owner with a hardware store and several real estate rental properties. Had my first BMW, an E28, in 1991 passed over from my dad. Had and still have more since then. My last BMW purchase was a Z3 in May of 2006 and been having a lot of fun with it. To justify the purchase, told the wife that's her Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas present to me for 2006. Celebrating my 1st year anniversary in bf.c.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by jr1966 View Post
    My last BMW purchase was a Z3 in May of 2006 and been having a lot of fun with it. To justify the purchase, told the wife that's her Birthday, Anniversary and Christmas present to me for 2006. Celebrating my 1st year anniversary in bf.c.
    You win the 'whatever it takes' award.

My Cars
    E36, E36/8
    Quote Originally Posted by clintjg View Post
    You win the 'whatever it takes' award.
    Thank you!!!

My Cars
    '99 Z3 Coupe
    Hi,
    my name is Bert. I moved from Belgium to Charlotte, NC in '99. I never liked BMW's that much while living in Europe, but now everyone calls me a BMW guy.

Usually, I try to keep up with what is going on on BF.com. As you can tell by my post count I don't post that often.
    The coupe is slowly turning into a track car. It is not driven that much on the street anymore. If you see an Ambulance towing a white 2.8 Coupe, then that's me going to or coming from a track event (HPDE).
    Also on my schedule is the Dragon event coming up in April, it'll be nice to meet some of you guys out there.
    Last edited by Stimpy; 02-14-2007 at 09:03 PM.
    '99 Alpine White Z3 Coupe 3.0

'06 Ford F250 Powerstroke diesel

My Cars
    '99 Z3 Coupe
    Here is a picture where some of the interior trunk pieces are removed(now 55lbs lighter)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '99 Alpine White Z3 Coupe 3.0

'06 Ford F250 Powerstroke diesel

Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast