Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    09 z4 35i
    My name is Sergey, I am from Chicago. I am 27 and work as Director of IT strategic planning for one of the Chicago universities.
    Started reading forums when I had my 97 Altima (altimas.net) .. then
    went to a 2002 Maxima (maxima.org).... as well as a 99 Miata (miata.net)...
    then miata and maxima got sold and I got a 03 Saab 9-3 and migrated to saabcentral.com.... and my g/f got a 04 Mini Cooper S ....

I have been looking at Z3 coupes for several years ever since I saw one in traffic at the intercection of Lasalle and North....and thought ...what the hell kind of car was that....
    Now I have a Red/tan 02 Z3 coupe! I got it in November with 38k miles.
    So far I got some winter rims/tires, installed a bluetooth phone kit, a Dice Ipod adapter, some ACS looking pedals and a hardwired V1....
    Next thing would probably be some different wheels and maybe tint.
    I read this forum daily

My Cars
    e30, e46, Super Duty

I'm Joe, I own a once mildy modded 1996 Z3 and have been on bf.c for about 5yrs now. In the winter I get the jitters because I live in the northeast and can't drive the Z, so I post a lot and spend more $$ than I should on my cars.
    1991 e30 318is Slicktop - Gone
    1996 LS1 Z3 - Gone
    99 e46 323i - Gone
    2003 e46 xiT - Hers
    2014 F-250 CC- Mostly stock

My Cars
    M Roadster RX7 Convertible RX7 GTUS
    My name is Lou. I've been lurking since Dec when I bought my 98 M Roadster on EBAY (item #330056015943 Pics are still up). I immediately checked for subframe problems and was delighted there were none evident. The car appears to be in outstanding condition, very well cared for. The only problems I have noticed are the 5th gear detent sticks and the rear license plate surround was coming loose. Randy gave me great advice on how to reattach the license plate surround and that is fixed. I will live with 5th gear problem until I need a clutch and have the tranny out.

I have had big internal debates on what to do with the car but I am finally settling on a (sunny warm) daily driver with a few mods. I have an M50 manifold and IE rear bushings but I'm waiting for some warmer weather to install them. I think I will add Bilstein sport shocks / HR springs and leave it at that.

I have 2 Mazda RX7s, one vert and one GTUs set up as a track car. I think I keep the GTUs to get my jollies out although the M is undoubtedly much faster. The M will replace the vert. (91 RX7 red convertible 75k miles for sale in the spring)

I am an Electrical engineer self employed in the DC area. I'm going to turn 50 in May. I've been a car guy for my whole life having owned many US, Japanese, Swedish, and German cars. (always low budget) This is my first BMW and I think its going to stay around a while. I've been going to Summit Point for track days for a few years now driving first the RX7 vert and then building up the GTUs to take it there. Since they would require a roll bar on the M I think its destined to be a spectator. It is a real bast to drive though. I can't imagine what the modded S54s are like.

Lou

My Cars
    Jag XKR Silverstone, 04 645, 1 Toy Hauler & A Boat
    Joe,

How's the V8?
    Pretty awesome but a PITA to do?

MDex,
    Still using those pullies!
    I've got some headers and front shocks to put on there and then there's only one more thing to think about (other than stone chip elimination) BOOST!

How is your setup doing? I remeber back in the day you wanted reliability to be storng. Is it? What system did you get again? I've been dreaming TS...
    Modifimied Z3 2.8
    Faster than you think

My Cars
    AT-AT
    Although I've been here for quite sometime now, I don't post a lot. So I guess as far as my post count is concerned I'm considered a noob? Anyhow, I got my Artic silver 98 2.8 Z from a relative (discount! ) on March of 2006 (on my bday ). The Exterior on the car is flawless and some minor work needed on the interior.

Things I have done on the car so far:

K&N Filter (about to get fogged)
    Major PM service (including all fluids replaced)
    DYI subframe reinforcment
    Rims replaced with 17" BMW #42
    Chrome hops
    Chrome front grill
    Wood center console painted
    DYI clutch stop
    Custom WSM
    R&R crappy seat bushings with Doug's bushings
    3M clear bra
    clear turn signal
    3:46 diff
    Rouge RSM
    supersprint dual round tips exhaust
    And a gazillion cowbells installed here and there

-Ian
    Last edited by Ian 2.0; 02-27-2007 at 02:03 AM.
    The search box is awesome..try it!

My Cars
    07 RAMHEMi - H&B 630csi
    Quote Originally Posted by JBgotM View Post
    Its nice to see some introductions and hear from people that don't post much.

I wish I knew you would be at Rolex. I was there and would have met up to at least just say hi.

shit man i hate i missed you honestly !

My Cars
    e30, e46, Super Duty
    Quote Originally Posted by StouffvilleZ3 View Post
    Joe,

How's the V8?
    Pretty awesome but a PITA to do?

LS1 =

A few things were a PITA, but overall it was a great learning experience. So satisfying knowing that you did all the work, rather than just fork over a stack of dough.

But actually tonight was the first night I took her out in almost 2 months now....and now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm going to go out for another spin
    1991 e30 318is Slicktop - Gone
    1996 LS1 Z3 - Gone
    99 e46 323i - Gone
    2003 e46 xiT - Hers
    2014 F-250 CC- Mostly stock

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    I only joined this forum in Jan. 07 when I started phase 2 of the mods to my 2000 MZ3- Imola red / red & black interior. My name is Andrew from Toronto Canada. I am a traffic court defense lawyer and I have owned my Z for 3 years. I purschased it from the first owner who lived in Texas and I imported the car myself. Thanks again to everyone on this board for all of their help and knowledge that I have taken advantage of over the last month. I have some pics posted here if anyone is bored:

http://www.putfile.com/mz3onturn7

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by mz3onturn7 View Post
    I am a traffic court defense lawyer and I have owned my Z for 3 years.
    You are my new unofficial best friend.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    99 z3coupe 2.8 05 4runner sport edition
    Hello,
    My name is chris from Baltimore MD
    I own a red 1999 2.8 coupe with 76,0000 miles
    It is the cats ass.
    I love it so much that I had a new fence put in my back yard and moved up 8ft from the back of the property, then a concrete slab poured so I would not have to park it on the street.
    Total cost...$5000
    parking your own car on your property.........priceless
    Last edited by redcoupe; 02-16-2007 at 10:39 PM.
    Mods:
    car bra, coilover john deer suspension, ronald mcdonald RSM, iceland engineering subframe bushings, evenrude camshafts, toyota yaris calipers with brake rotor delete, corrugated brake lines, heavyweight flywheel, drano differential oil, custom styrofoam waterpump, chevy aveo manifold.
    cdv added
    Mods to come
    Subframe spot weld popper ordered
    larger car bra (still looking for this)
    14 inch rims

My Cars
    E36 M3, E39 M5, C4S, 8V.
    My name is Riaz and I have the dirty M Coupe. I suck at taking pics and have been using the same ones for a long long time.

Here it is again lol:

Well I am adding this...

I am 28. A Biology graduate. I am currently seeking admission into Speech Pathology school. I enjoy riding my motorcycle, long walks on the beach, candle...oh wait this is the wrong type of description isn't it...

Riaz
    Last edited by SexualChocolate; 02-13-2007 at 01:31 AM.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    I am a traffic court defense lawyer and I have owned my Z for 3 years.
    quick question.
    I "had" a temp tag on my new m roadster, screwed on where the original tag goes. But it's gone, the rain must have made the paper material weak and it ripped off while driving. Anyways ,I have the paper saying i have a temp tag in the car. Will this suffice for coppers if i get pulled over while driving down to pick up another temp tag?

oh lol right now im doing the online traffic school for accidentally running a redlight, lol damn minimum timers.
    Last edited by samcarney; 02-12-2007 at 10:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    SamCarney
    2001 M Roadster S54
    Imola Red/Black Imola Red

My Cars
    2000 M roadster
    Traffic laws differ from State to State.....and Also from here in Ontario. However, I would just go to the DMV in a different vehicle and explain your situation and get a replacement.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Traffic laws differ from State to State.....and Also from here in Ontario. However, I would just go to the DMV in a different vehicle and explain your situation and get a replacement.
    You have no idea the can of worms you just opened up....
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    2008 135i/2003 Z4 2.5i (RIP)/2005.5 Jetta
    Hey,

Name is Josh, i'm 26 and the director of engineering at a POP company here in LA. This is my first post actually.... haha. i've been lurking around here goin on a few weeks now. Now that i've finally convinced my wife to let me get a M Coupe i decided that I would register a user name here and start learning as much as i can about these cars so that I can make an informed decision when I go to buy one... which will probobly happen in the next couple months.

anyway, i can't wait to start asking you guys how to fix this/that.. LOL. I'm comming over from the mk3 forums at vwvortex.com... hoping to get the same kind of crash course of education from everyone here.

Cheers!

My Cars
    2005 Nissan 350z
    Brian, 19, I live in Carnation, WA. Got the Z3 as a gift.
    No more BMW....

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe
    My name is Bear. Blame it on the hippie parents 28 year old male.

I am an EMT in the emergency room and going to nursing school.

I have had my '99 2.8 coupe for a couple of years now. It is slowly becoming the MPOSTR. A few more cosmetic pieces and a twin screw and I will be there

One of two things will happen in the next couple of years.
    1. Engine will grenade and I will ls1 it
    2. I will sell this car and get a '99-'00 M coupe and twinscrew

Either way, I win

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by bcausseaux View Post
    My name is Bear.
    Should've been beer

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    E36 M3, E39 M5, C4S, 8V.
    Quote Originally Posted by bcausseaux View Post
    My name is Bear. Blame it on the hippie parents 28 year old male.

I am an EMT in the emergency room and going to nursing school.
    Sweet! My mom is an RN CNN. It takes an incredible person to go into the nursing field.

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Quote Originally Posted by RkitOut View Post
    shit man i hate i missed you honestly !
    I think I will remember that race for a while. Its hard to forget sitting in the turn 3 ( i think) bleachers at 3:30am in a poncho in the rain watching some cars slide, some cars die, and then have to drive down the roads through the fans to get back to the garage. My gf was a trooper and didn't complain that it was cold and wet and she didn't even care about the race.

If you, or anyone, come through Jax or surrounding areas, definately give me a heads up.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    99 MCoupe, '12 WRX
    I'm from Toronto and drive a S52 M Coupe. Not many mods, as I'd rather spend the money on DE's and track days. A few cosmetic things: BBS RGRs, KW suspension kit, and an Eisenmann exhaust and subframe kit (which haven't been installed yet).

Last edited by JKH; 02-13-2007 at 09:03 AM.

Terry F. is offline ONLY BMW Content is + Moderator
    My Cars
    M-Roadster
    Hello,

I consider myself a noob although some of you know that I post here somewhat regularly. Tomorrow will be exactly one year since my first post which was buried inside a thread that I didn't start. Inside that thread was my introduction but if you didn't read the thread, no into.

This 49 year old kid lives in S Fl and works for a major cellular phone manufacturer that starts with M. I purchased my 99 Roady one year ago and have been quite pleased with the decision. When I bought it, it was already modified to the hilt so I haven't messed with it too much.

Most of my internet time is spent helping to moderate a luxury watch site. It was Island who, over there, suggested that I look into the M Roadster. So you can thank him, or hate him (probably the latter), for dragging me over here. I'm sure he regrets it.

Best regards,
    Terry

Stuff. I got stuff.

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    I've been around a while but I will intro myself for some newer people. I'm Jason, 26, and I am a mechanical engineer working for "imagination at work" or "we bring good things to life" or "ecomagination" in the Aviation division. I primarily design sensors for the engines. I bought my '99 S52 back in 2003.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    E36,Datsun510.T-Tundra
    Hello my name is Rudy (AkA rudeman as people call me) i joined Nov 2005. Ive had my 93 325 since about 2001. Im 24 soon to be 25 on july 21.

I recently moved to San Antonio, TX from The San Fernando valley, CA since the cost of housing was too much and i decided i needed a job change, so i moved out here with my GF of 5+ yrs.

Other than that I work in IT 7 yrs Exp since 17, but my passion is cars, i started handing wrenches to my dad ( another car nut) at about age 4. I had my first PW50 at age 4 and cried like a 4 yr old when i first got on it, but i was for teh best lol! Over the past 20 years ive lened a hand in learing about how these machines work some of the cars my and my father have built up are: 1955 Belair, 1954 Belair, 1953 Chevy Truck, 1972 Chevy truck, 1965 Lincoln Continental, 1974 MG, 1969 volvo,1974 Fiat x19,BMW 325,MIsc Dirtbikes, Those were just projects, i would like to add the daily drivers but u get the idea.

As for the music life im a used to be PuNk no more mowhawk, but i still cant get the music out of my head and play it daily.

well thats it :P

...When you get a blackeye from trying to change the shift knob.

My Cars
    Z3 & 325iC & MB E300D
    Hi. I'm Ned, a 57 yr old mechanical engineer. Bought a '00 Z3 2.8 in late October 2006. My interest in sports cars goes back to college days when I drove an MGA. And have driven many nice European cars since. I wanted to buy an S2000. But this Z3 was more affordable and is more than enough fun to drive.

I envy you young pups with the M roadsters. The 2.8 has enough power to introduce me to the highway patrol. But I would like the M suspension and brakes.
    I've been an internet lister for a long time with various forums. I personally maintain a fleet of German cars used by my family. We have 3 Mercedes diesels and two BMW's (an E30 cabrio and this Z3.)

My Z3 is under wraps waiting for roadster weather. This spring, I hope to redo the shocks, bushings and brakes. It only has about 50k miles on the odo, but the suspension and brakes seem ready for renewal/upgrade.

Gotta get to work now.
    Enjoy!
    Ned

Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast