Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    '02 Z3 3.0, '11 X3 28i
    Howdy. My name is Sean. My wife finally let me dump my 2001 KIA Sportage and pick up a 2002 Z3 3.0 Roadster with about 17K miles late this January and have been in pure heaven ever since! She foolishly chose a hike in insurance as the foundation for her objection -- when our insurance company quoted us $60 a year less for the Z3 I won!

I have been quietly browsing these forums for about 6 months and finally registered today. Folks here have been very, very helpful to me in the selection and care of my baby without even knowing it -- thanks!!

I absolutely fell in love with the Z3 body style some time back (everyone's opinion is different, but I think BMW hit pure perfection with the Z3's styling). The nice performance, wonderful handling and the fact it's a BMW were bonuses.

Like many, I am obsessive with my Z3. Our plan was to leave it home on a vacation trip to Tennessee in late February. As the travel date got closer, I realized I just couldn't do it (a week without driving her plus giving up the opportunity to drive with the top down along mountain roads even at 50 degrees F?!?!) and convinced my wife that 6 people in a minivan for 12 hours was just too much and "Jet" had to go along (well, I think she more gave in to my pleading than was convinced of my arguement).

I hope to drive this puppy until they bury me so be prepared to see many dumb questions. Even though there is a wealth of info here, believe me, I am sure I will create never before addressed issues...

My Cars
    '98 BMW Z3, 99 Honda CRV

new to forum

After years of wondering why people made such a big deal about their cars, I got a '98 Z3. I get it now. Love that car!

My Cars
    1997 328i 5sp, 1998 Z3M
    Kirby. Old enough to be most of you all's dad.
    Currently own a 97 328i 4dr 5sp, SSK, M wheels (220k and still ticking like new). Currently driven by my 17 year old ().
    Newest edition (3/08), 98 Z3M (45k).

I do almost all work on both cars.
    Before that I owned a '87 325 that I drove for 300k. Sold it for $3500 and was running great when I last saw it.

I've owned 2 corvettes (70 LT1, and 84 crossfire).
    The z3m is by far the fastest car I've owned.
    I believe I heard a reference that rings true.
    "The Z3M is the 1998 version of the AC Cobra."
    97 328i and 98 Z3M

My Cars
    BMW Z3
    Hey Yall...
    Libby here. Bought my 02 Z3 3.0i in 2005 with 17k on it. My husband taught me how to drive a manual on his Corvette and have been addicted to fun sports cars ever since. I love my roadster, but hoping to find some fun ideas for mods on this forum. I was thinking of dropping in a 6-speed tranny, does anyone know if that can be done?

My Cars
    00 M Coupe, 08 335xi

My Cars
    01 audi s4 02 APW M CPE
    OK, let's get the intros out of the way. I'm a way newb and bring little to the table at this juncture. I don't even own a bmr. I want to buy a 2002 m coupe and am looking at a imola red-black interior with 16500 miles-like new supposedly-stock except for Dinan chip--asking $36500. Will be 3rd car with little usage so low miles will be maintained. Thoughts? I am sure there are some. Thanks. Joe

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9
    I'm new here, and just found this thread, so figured it would be a good time to say hello. I have long admired the 'sharky' good looks of the Z3 and had it in the back of my mind as a "dream car" as it just wasn't practical for my lifestyle. With four children, horses and dogs and you name it- I couldn't see a two seater roadster in my future. Well, you just never know. About a year ago Michael (my 'domestic partner, lol) was in a wreck and killed his beloved 1997 Saturn, which he put over 200K miles on. For the past year, he has driven our family car...a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica back and forth to work, leaving me with my full size 4x4 pickup to drive myself. With the price of fuel skyrocketing, we started discussing the possibility of a small commuter car, something he could drive to work that wouldn't put us in the poor house. Our budget was only about 10K (wanted to pay cash) and we looked at everything. Michael, having driven the geeky Saturn for so long, had it in his heart that he wanted something with a little cool factor. No Kias or Corollas...no Hyundais...we looked everywhere. That's when I stumbled across an ad on Craigslist for a locally owned, 1997 1.9 Z3 with an amazing 33K on the clock. She was owned by guy that bought her as a BMW certified car in 2001, and since then put 14K on the odometer. He is a die hard BMW fan, owning several and only letting this baby go because he wanted a Mini that he couldn't pass up. He had kept this car in showroom immaculate condition. With the exception of a few minor windshield pits (which thanks to this forum I now know are common) she is perfect. Her Montreal Blue exterior just seems to ripple in the sun, and although I had thought I wanted Silver, I love that she isn't like so many others we see on the road. I know perhaps some of you are cringing- thinking that we are turning this well maintained car into a daily beater- but this isn't the case. True enough, we are loving her commuter car aspect- the gas mileage is wonderful...but she is carefully put to bed every night, bugs gently removed from her face and wheels cleaned from the freeway drive home. Every morning before work, she gets a thorough going over with the duster, so that she's beautiful as she goes down the road. We just love our new car...for years we talked about maybe someday finding an old Camaro or Mustang to restore, but she's so much more than that...and we couldn't be happier.

Of course, now I am already starting to think about someday having an M...

...but that's for later.

Thanks!
    Stasi (and Michael, my driver)
    We love our sweet Z3

My Cars
    368, E86, 318ti, Raptor

New to the Z but not new to cars

Hello all, My name is Skylar. My wife and I just purchased a 97 1.9 roadster. I got a heck of a deal on it and could not pass it up. Always loved BMW's but could never afford one, so now i have her.

Plans are as follows.. Fix all the Problems first ie.. Top replacement, re-paint, small interior issues, seat bushings, rear strut mounts. Then ill slowly mod her till i get her back to the states where i am contemplating between a 2JZ, SR20DET, or LS1 swap.... I know i will catch he** from some, but that is life i caught it from the Rotary gang when i built v8 rx7s too, i think i can handle it.

Anyways, hello all, and i look forward to begging for your help with the issues you have already dealt with.

Skylar

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Justin
    Just out of college and in an act of defiance of economical/social responsibility I picked up a 2001 M roadster (with an awesome low 12k miles on it). Always, loved the z3 look, I think it's probably the best visually designed sub $100k car of my generation. Strap an s54 under the hood and all you can say is...damn.

My car:
    http://backandforthblog.com/?p=31

My Cars
    E92 LCI 335xi
    Hello

I'm new here. My name is Peter, I live in Europe - Poland. I'm 20 YE, I'm studying at Politechnics . I drive 2 BMWs : E46 320d 2.0 diesel 140HP Touring and for 3 weeks I have Z3 2.8 M52TU 193HP Roadster in Cosmosschwartz .

thanks
    Best Regards
    Peter

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Welcome Newbs.

:cheers
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Welcome all! You'll love BF.c for informational content...and occassional banter. And Kirby (jkk919), you'd be surprised just how old many of us actually are.

Cheers,
    Gibber

P.S. jlongii, IMO $36.5k is a bit steep for an 02 M Coupe. Also, for you new Roady-drivers out there (specially M-roadsters), make sure you research subframe issues and have your vehicle checked out (or if you're mechanically inclined, check it out yourself). If you have a problem, get it fixed ASAP. Look up Randy Forbes on the issue, he's a "staple" on the forum and knows what he's doing...the dealer is highly unlikely to help and won't do as good a job.

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    1996 Z3, 2008 Wrangler Unlimited 4 dr
    I've been looking for a commuter / project car for some time. Stumbled onto a great deal on a '96 1.9L (automatic-barf). It's really a blast to drive and I might even get another one!

I normally hang out on a motorcycle forum (rswarrior.com) but am trying to get comfy here, not ask any dumb questions, and of course use that nifty search function!

Pics:

I just got my new factory service manual in along with many parts. I think I'm going to like this car!

My Cars
    2002 ///M Coupe
    Hello associate Z owners,

My name is Mus and I'm from The Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland).
    I'm currently attending an English Course in the States ,
    without my car unfortunately ...

It's a topas blue (repainted) 2002 S54 M coupe.
    I formerly owned a '99 2.8 coupe, absolutely love the Z coupe.

Did a few modifications:
    Schnitzer bodyparts & interior parts
    Eisenmann SS exhaust
    Breyton Inspirations 19''
    Raid airbag steering wheel
    H&R springs

I'm currently looking to purchase some Recaro Pole Positions...
    Any info about where to buy them, how to fit them, and which parts are
    needed for fitment would be great.

Compliments on the great forum, lots of info and lots of people
    modifying their Z's ...

My Cars
    00' Z3 coupe 2.8
    Whats up all! Im new to this forum..I work in Respiratory Therapy here in So. Cal. I Basically joined to learn more about my car, a 2000 2.8 z3 coupe 60,000 Purchased it on 11/10/1999. I learn new things each time I come to this site, so I THANK you ALL for the tips & ideas I get from all of you! Im hoping to purchase an M coupe hopefully in the near future. RJ, 35 y.o. Male
    Last edited by rj23xpress; 05-13-2008 at 05:53 AM. Reason: re word

My Cars
    2009 e90 328i 6MT
    I am new to this board, but not new to BMW.

My previous BMW was an '82 e21 with a turbo M10 motor that I built from scratch.

When I was younger, I lusted for a Z3, so when I was older and could afford one, I bought a 98 Z3 2.8 with about 58k on the odometer.

I enjoy working on my own car, and try vehemently not to have to take it to a mechanic.
    Tim
    2009 e90 328i 6MT

My Cars
    2000 M Roadster
    Hi, Jeff here. I live at Fort Lewis Washington. I am a lurker and I am all over "the other board." I have a 2000 Imola Roadster with 36K on it. Only engine mod so far is ECIS cold air intake. Have a WSM. Completely replaced the stereo system with Alpine HU and amps, roadstersound enclosure with JL Audio sub, and Infititi footwell speakers. Currently have rear calipers painted (yellow) with fronts to be done tomorrow.

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by Mus View Post
    Hello associate Z owners,
    My name is Mus and I'm from The Netherlands (a.k.a. Holland).
    I'm currently attending an English Course in the States ,
    without my car unfortunately ...
    It's a topas blue (repainted) 2002 S54 M coupe.
    I formerly owned a '99 2.8 coupe, absolutely love the Z coupe.

Did a few modifications:
    Schnitzer bodyparts & interior parts
    Eisenmann SS exhaust
    Breyton Inspirations 19''
    Raid airbag steering wheel
    H&R springs
    Welcome all I hope this guy comes back soon a posts more pics

My Cars
    BMW Z3, Kia Sorento
    Hi, my name is Colin and I live in New Caledonia. I bought my '96 Z3 a couple of years ago. It was parked outside my work with a for sale sign on it for a few weeks, and I said to my wife, 'if that's still there on Friday then I'll buy it', as a joke. My colleague talked me into having a look at it, and the rest is history! I love it, but I have a fair bit to do on it; replace the soft top, replace the alarm, replace the seat leather, fix the seat 'rocking', and a few other things. I have all of the parts but not the time to do it, and a less than sympathetic wife when it comes to spending money on the car so I doubt that I can bring it to the level a lot of you guys have done. Plus this place is very small and hard to get parts. It's great to see other people with a passion for the Z3 though, it always brings a smile to my face everytime I drive mine! I have a fairly uncommon Z3, a 1.8L M43 engine with ~67,000 Km on it (~40K miles?) but it has a nice finish with a wooden steering wheel and nice leather trim (except that the leather is getting very worn).

My Cars
    '01 BMW Z3 - '07 Acura TL
    Hi guys! I guess I never formally introduced myself although I posted some about me in the thread "What defines you." My name is Joe and I live the city of Milton, FL located in the NW section. I'm a retired Computer Systems Analyst and I just might be the oldest guy on the forum - 67. I can just hear the snickering now among you Kids.

I've have an interest in sports cars ever since I can remember. I took one year of "Auto Mech" classes back in High School so I could tinker with my own cars. My first sports car was a '53 MGTD, then I've owned a '70 VW Karman Ghia, '74 MGB, '82 Nissan 280zx, '85 Nissan 300, and now my '01 Z3. I would say the Z3 is the best sports car I've owned with the '82 Nissan 280zx running a close second.

My Cars
    02 m 367 & 99 m 368
    Welcome all I hope this guy comes back soon a posts more pics
    +1 That is one area were non-Ms have it over Ms, better colours, especially Topaz Blue. There are very few repaints with nonstock colours in the forum, I too would like to see more pics of your coupe. Welcome aboard.

My Cars
    '01 Z3 Coupe, '91 318i
    Bumping this thread for all the new Z owners. Congrats and welcome to all.

My Cars
    Millenium Falcon
    I guess I'll be the first after the bump...

I'm Kyle Anderson (obviously), and I'm from northern Michigan. I'm just a youngin' at 19 years old, and the Z is my 9th car. I had a show car I build over 6 years, and I got into an accident with it a couple months ago. I stripped it down and dumped it to trade it for something more practical. I know the new owner and know the car is being taken care of, but it was very hard to let it go. I have a precedent of having a really nice car, so I have to keep it up. Last summer I bought a cheap Audi Cabriolet for a DD that needed some work. I had that up until about a month ago, but I never did get everything fixed on it. I was happy to dump it, even though I took a huge loss on it. After that car though, I decided I just couldn't go without a convertible anymore. I wanted to get something before the spring price jump on verts, so I started looking for something to replace my Jimmy. I checked into Mustangs, Camaros, TA's, Cutlass', Cavaliers, Cabriolets, Miatas, and then I finally decided on buying a 92-98 3-series convertible. I started going through ads and found a few Z3's mixed in, and I say hey, I can afford this! I knew it wasn't going to be anything new and spectacular at my price point of 5 grand, but a Z3 is straight pimp when all your friends are still playing with their rice-boxes.

I actually came across the particular Z3 I have now last fall on Craigslist. I e-mailed and expressed interest, but I could afford it at the time and I still have my Beretta that I had to get rid of. The accident was really a blessing because it was the last push I need to get rid of it, and that's what I needed to move on and up. So anyway, I kept his contact information because I knew it was going into storage for the winter. Well, this spring I was ready to buy, so I shot him and e-mail and luckily he still had it... even better, I caught him the day before he was taking it out to put it back up for sale.

I ended up paying $4900 for it. It's a 97 1.9 with 188k miles and completely stock, right down to the factory tape player. Yeah, it's high mileage, but it was very well maintained. I'm the third owner, and the guy I bought it from had it for about a year. He only sold it because he liked it so much that he bought a newer one. It was a southern car until he had it, and he stored it in the winter.. no rust! After cutting out rust on my old car, that makes me very happy!

Anyway... pictures! Yes it's purple, and everyone tells me it's cute. I just tell them, "your girlfriend likes it".

And this is my previous car:

Last edited by Kyle Anderson; 03-25-2009 at 04:43 PM.

My Cars
    01 ZCoupe, E30s, 04 M3

Thumbs up Another Michigander (Traverse City)

Hi, My name's Keith and I currently live in Naples, Italy, but my 2001 3.0 Coupe is stored in an undisclosed location in the States where it is safe and sound (unlike the 2000 2.8 Coupe I bought here which was promptly stolen)!

In April we bought a house in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia (Waynesboro) and will be returning to live in the states after nine years of living overseas (Spain, Iceland and Italy). I currently have an ECE 09/89 318is that is my play car here in Italy and would love to have another when I return.

For the past five years or so I've been supplementing my Navy retirement check by working out of my garage as an "automotive handyman." The bulk of my BMW business has been E36 vehicles, but I've worked on just about everything from Alfa Romeo to Wrangler (and even a few motorcycles and lawnmowers).

My Coupe is bone-stock with currently <24K miles and pampered by the two previous owners; always covered, garaged and never driven in the winter. It had <20K miles when I bought it in Jan/2008 and it came with the original window sticker and every bit of documentation since the day it rolled off the showroom floor.

I look forward to interacting with other members of this forum regarding our cars. See you on the road.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    2002 Z3
    Well, I guess I'll jump in here and introduce myself. I'm Rob Cutchins, currently living in the Hampton Roads area in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Earlier this month, I bought my second BMW - a '02 Z3 (2.5). It had 28K miles on it, and looked to be in immaculate condition. It smelled like a new car, and drove like one, too. My first was a '92 325i convertible (which is leaving us tomorrow via transporter, and heading to its new owner in North Carolina). The Z3 is incredibly fun to drive, and flat out stock. The only thing I've done to it is to add a factory CD changer. Aside from enjoying the heck out of this car, my partner and I enjoy boating. We currently own a 1968 Chris Craft 42' Motor Yacht, which we totally restored (our third Chris Craft renovation). Glad to be a part of this forum, and look forward to gleaning all I can, and perhaps one day, I'll be able to offer assistance to someone else. In the meantime, I'm enjoying all the past and current posts by the more knowledgeable of the bunch.
    -------------------------------
    ROB CUTCHINS ('02 Z3)
    1968 42' Chris Craft Commander Motor Yacht

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863 ... LastLast