Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Quote Originally Posted by dimm6 View Post
    Hey guys I'm fairly new to this board. I recently discivered you guys after being on roadfly for years.This forum seems very alive compared to the other. My name is Jimmy, 29 years old from Bergen County NJ. I have a 2000 2.3, Cosmos Black with about 160,000 thousand miles and counting. Staggered 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 TSW Kayalamis. I have Dinan Stage II software with Dinan CAI as well. Supersprint exhaust with DTM tips. Eibach lowering springs which suck. I'm thinking of coilovers. Also have a factory hardtop which I purchased from a fellow board member. I'd love to post pics but can't seem to figure it out yet. I could use some help with that. I really want to post pics.
    Welcome! You have similar mods to mine. Would love to see the pics (post count needs to be 20 or higher before you can do it though).

Cheers!
    Gibber

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    2000 ZMC s50 euro prev 94 m3 euro
    Hi everyone,

Im from Dublin, Ireland currently running a 2000 s52 Z3M Coupe after 3 years of driving a e36 m3 euro model.

Nice site..

My Cars
    '01 titan silver z3 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by UJM3 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Im from Dublin, Ireland currently running a 2000 s52 Z3M Coupe after 3 years of driving a e36 m3 euro model.

Nice site..
    welcome and happy st. patrick's day!! .... ?

My Cars
    2000 ZMC s50 euro prev 94 m3 euro
    Quote Originally Posted by byronface View Post
    welcome and happy st. patrick's day!! .... ?
    thanks, back to the daily grind tomorrow!

My Cars
    99 M Coupe
    Whats up guys, im billy. I am 20 currently living and going to school in wilmington nc. I am from greensboro originally. I am currently driving a 99 m coupe pretty much stock but have been doing research to possibly start my own turbo build this summer. I also have a 93 civic hb I am planning on selling soon and putting the money towards the turbo.

My Cars
    2000 Z-3 2.8L
    Hello,
    I'm 53 years old, a salesman in the HVAC business in Baltimore. I got my 2000 2.8L from a dealer amost 5 years ago for $22,500. Mileage now 112K.
    Mods - S/S roll bars, S/S door handles, customized luggage rack, fabbed plexy wind screen, LakeShore BMW rims, fabbed lower grill, fabbed cold air intake, hard top, new muffler.
    Took off the spoiler, changed the BBS rims. Building a hoist to remove my hard-top without help. May cut a sun roof in it.

Funny, I thought I had a M because of the steering wheel, you guys have shown me so much about the world of "Zs".
    I've got to do a signature and post some pictures.

My Cars
    BMW Z3 2.8
    Name is Brant. I'm new to the car thing as I have been a M/C nut for decades. I just bought a 97 2.8 Roadster which I cant drive to work due to the fact that I work for Ford! I have already ripped out the interior to completely upgrade the sound system and do a two tone interior. I have a Boston Green/Tan interior and felt that the interior was just too blah. I'm changing everything below the trim line (glove box and down) to black with tan accents.

My Cars
    Z3 Roadster
    New Z3 owner here. Picked up a 2000 Z3 2.3 Roadster this past weekend. Love the car, so far! I hope that doesn't change.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 3.0, 87 325ic
    Thanks for starting, I wasn't sure where to step in at... I'm from Monterey, CA and have been a long time BMW fan, having owned almost every model over the last 10 years. Currently have an 87 E30 ragtop for my daily driver. I Picked up a sweet low mileage (45k) 2001 Z3 3.0 in February it's loaded up with the sport package, power top, CD player, Black with Black top and guts. I've always wanted a Z3 since the intro and have to say I fell in love on the test drive! I have loved every minute of it so far. I'm sure the glow will wear off and I will want to start modding it soon. I'm really Looking forward to putting the next 45k on the clock!

Cheers,

Gregg

My Cars
    99 M Roadster
    Hello Everyone,

I have been wandering this forum for a while now and it is finally time to join in! I just bought a 99 M Roadster a few weeks ago. I absolutely love the car! Stock Cosmos Black with just 30k miles. Last weekend I was busy polishing out quite a lot of swirls from the paint and it looked amazing. Unfortunately my cat got into the garage and decided to climb up onto the front of the hood... The scratches are worse than what was there before! looks like i will be back at it again this weekend.

I am really glad I found this place, LOTS of members posting good stuff.

Nate

My Cars
    Ferrari,Mercedes,Porsche
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MDex View Post
    Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

When you first get here, of course it’d be fine to waltz right in and start with the rapid fire questions for your post count, but tell us a little about yourself first. I don’t think this is like most other forums where you register only to ask questions.

How you came upon your Z3. How’d you find BF.c? Have you been a lurker? What year, model? What do you have planned? Mods? Etc.
    I feel older in this group at 38 but my 99 ///M was literally handed to me over a year ago when a friend needed to dump it to buy a house and since then i've been addicted to it and it's preservation and it's perfection - yes I am ADD - which will help my ///M-however I might have tarnished my entrance by a previous post but I hope to clear my name by contributing good solid information and knowledge...I guess we'll see.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all and you getting to know me.

My Cars
    1999 Z3 2.3

I'm Fairly New Also

My name is Mark and I joined just a few weeks ago. I have a 99 Z3 2.3 that I have owned since last May. My real passion is motorcycles (BMW) and since I live in the North Georgia Mountains (100mi south of the Dragon) the roads here were made for anything that likes to eat curves! I am really enjoying the Z, my last true sports cars was a Lotus Europa JPS. It was a great car but required constant tinkering toi keep it running right. Don't get me wrong, I love turning wrenches, but I love driving the damn things also!
    From what I have found, this forum is a wealth of information. I figure between the Bentley manual, 3 roll aways of tools, and this forum my little Bimmer and I should have a long relationship.
    The "Capt" thing refers to the fact that I fly helicopters for a living!

Thanks for all the help you have and will give me!

Mark

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Quote Originally Posted by captmark4 View Post
    my last true sports cars was a Lotus Europa JPS.
    Mark

YES!!!!! Someone who has lived and can understand just how good our little M's truely are.

Welcome!

/.randy

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by rocknroad View Post
    I feel older in this group at 38 but my 99 ///M was literally handed to me over a year ago when a friend needed to dump it to buy a house and since then i've been addicted to it and it's preservation and it's perfection - yes I am ADD - which will help my ///M-however I might have tarnished my entrance by a previous post but I hope to clear my name by contributing good solid information and knowledge...I guess we'll see.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all and you getting to know me.
    Far from it. Many of us (including myself) are in our forties and older.

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    99 MC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibber66 View Post
    Far from it. Many of us (including myself) are in our forties and older.
    Of all the boards in all the world you had to walk into this one.

There is a wide cross section of ages on this board but there doesn't seem to be any of the "crazy, ricer, yungun's" mentality. I think you will fit in just fine.

Old guys rule!

My Cars
    2000 Z3

My Z23

I picked up a 2000 Z3 in November with 29000 miles on it. The original owner got rid of it because after 7 years she still couldnt figure out how to put the top down. I live near Seattle Washington, and so I am waiting for some nice weather so I can enjoy my new toy.

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinG View Post
    I picked up a 2000 Z3 in November with 29000 miles on it. The original owner got rid of it because after 7 years she still couldnt figure out how to put the top down. I live near Seattle Washington, and so I am waiting for some nice weather so I can enjoy my new toy.
    Awesome! One's lost cause is another's gain. Well done and welcome.

My Cars
    2014xi, 98 Mroadster
    Picked up my new 99 M Roady yesterday Just wanna give an official hello. My baby is black with red/black interior and wow I just can't believe how nice it drives, simply amazing!
    (sold list)
    10' Evo10
    99' M Roady
    06' 330i
    03' Civic SI hatch black
    94' 325is brilliant red
    97' Grand Prix white
    99' GS-R black
    98' GTi totaled black
    89' 325is red (first love)
    87' 900s SAAB (saved my life, totaled)

My Cars
    Z3 2.0
    Hi from sunny Greece, i own a sterling gray Z3 2.0 and have been enjoying it for the past two years!

My Cars
    07 elise

wife's car

Hello, just bought my wife a 98 Z3 M Roadster and she loves it but she had some questions about it, so I signed up to find her the answers.
    We are in northern B.C. Canada.

My Cars
    2001 330i, 2002 540it
    Name is Niko and I just recently purchased a 2000 Dinan MCoupe.. Here are a couple quick pictures I took.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=971068

This section seems like a pretty tight knit group and I'm glad to be a part of it!!

My Cars
    Quote Originally Posted by randan View Post
    Name is Niko and I just recently purchased a 2000 Dinan MCoupe.. Here are a couple quick pictures I took.
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=971068

This section seems like a pretty tight knit group and I'm glad to be a part of it!!
    Yeah! The more the merrier! Nice ride Niko and a nice Bimmer lineup in your garage. Coupe looks awesome...shame it's not Alpine White like the others.

Cheers,
    Gibber

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Here are the pics I never posted on this thread:
    [img=http://img174.imagevenue.com/loc1160/th_74317_bmw_006_122_1160lo.jpg]

My Cars
    2001 330i, 2002 540it
    Yeah i would definitely liked an Alpine White coupe, but i guess I will just have to suffer with this silver one

My Cars
    2001 Z3 2.5
    Hi. My name is Scott. Wanted a convertible sports car on a budget, so Z3 was pretty much the only choice. Got one about a year ago now, a 2001 2.5i. At the time the 3.0s were more than I wanted to spend, and I couldn't find one anyhow. I got a low mileage 2.5 with everything. I thought i could leave it alone (I have a shifter kart for go fast fun). But no. BMW guy up the street with M coupe and 95 M3 said I'd probably find it had too much understeer, and he was right. Cornering felt like plowing furrows, then the chassis would flex and the car would steer somewhere else. My car and I were three with the road.

Had heard about the flex and had orderered all three Strong-Strut pieces before I bought the car. Before they arrived, I had front shock mounts changed to M versions reversed, which cured the understeer. Then the glove box fix. Changed the RSMs because of rear rattles. My mounts were fine it turned out. believe the rattle is a subspace disturbance. I'll let you know. Thanks to all who have been answering my questions.

Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021223762 ... LastLast