Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by FINZ View Post
    I have been member of this Board for about a year now, so it might be time for an intro.. Bill, 56, Alpharetta, GA. Iowa Hawkeye. Parrothead.

I bought my first BMW in January 2004 - a 2000 M Coupe, Cosmos Black with Beige. Headed off to my first Road Atlanta track day, got hooked.

In February 2007 I went out to San Diego to check out a 2002 M Coupe at Autobahn West - Steel Gray with black. Exactly what I was looking for, it came to them with a 6 speed swap with 3.46, sport mode button, Projector Z's with HID, and Leather Z Home Link. They added the TC Kline D/A suspension with springs and cambers, H&R sways, and a BMW factory fin on the hatch.

I had the car shipped from San Diego to Toledo so Randy Forbes could do his trunk floor and diff mount handiwork. We added a Super Sprint exhaust because the stock won't fit with his set up.

Back in Atlanta, I had Bavarian Soundwerks do their speaker upgrade and a Panasonic/Sirius/Bluetooth. Great sound and at night the panel color matches perfectly with the gauges. I also added the leather Z spare tire (with Ron Stygar mount) and sunroof shade, CocoMats, clear lenses, spacers to tilt the seats, and did the glove box fix. Then it was a UUC clutch line, SS brake lines, and UUC slotted front rotors.

The bad news is that I only had the car for a month before I heard the engine rattle. The good news is that I now have a new crankshaft and bearings.

I love this car. It is my daily driver, and I just don't care if I rack up the miles - currently 60K. I really enjoy the local CCA Road Atlanta driving schools, and have done other solo track days at Roebling and Road Atlanta. No autocross yet. The BMW community has been a lot of fun, and I look forward to getting to know more of you.

Attachment 220248

Attachment 220249

Attachment 220250

wow, i have seen your car on either 85 or 400 should hang out someitme.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Hi! I'm new I'm searching the board like crazy because I haven't been putting maintenence into my car as I should. I bought my car off my dad, who bought it for my sister. I got it in 2004 with about 35,000 miles on it I think. My sister/dad was the first owner. They bought it brand new but I've been driving it for the past four years... I drive a 1998 Z3 2.8l, automatic with a hard top that I never put on.

There is a lot I would like to fix on it but being your average waitress college kid I can't fix everything I'd like to right away. I'd like to get wood paneling, better rims and wheels. After asking about what people here think about long drives in the Z3 I plan on taking it all over the US late Spring or early fall. I need a paint job, I need to change my rear window..

I secretly want a glittery or iridescent paint job, I know that sounds horrendous. lol

Oh yeah I'm Oceana I'm from the itty bitty Rhode Island and this was and has been my first and only owned car.
    Last edited by Oceana; 03-07-2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: I didn't mean to make it sound like i just bought it I've had it for years lol

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    your a female right?

if your not. . .then i dont get this comment

I secretly want a glittery or iridescent paint job, I know that sounds horrendous. lol

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster
    hahah yes I am a girl. Yes I like things that are pretty and sparkle like a sparkly Z3

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    your a female right?
    You read my mind

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by Oceana View Post
    Yes I like things that are pretty and sparkle like a sparkly Z3
    Man, you have to meet my fiancee! She loves anything that's SHHIIINNYYY (as she would say)...

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster
    she must want/has a really nice sparkly something on her finger than!!!

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    she must want/has a really nice sparkly something on her finger than!!!
    Oh yeah, and she LOVES it. Had it custom made in Antwerp...

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    79 928

j/k congrats on the car.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster
    For real?? Lucky her!! I better find a guy With a matching Z3 who buys me special diamonds form france!!!! haha

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    For real?? Lucky her!! I better find a guy With a matching Z3 who buys me special diamonds form france!!!! haha
    i am sure there are single guys on bimmerforums. . .i am not one of them but i am sure they are out there.

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Who knows . I'm originally from Belgium, so I had to get it from the diamond capital of the world

To get back on topic, good luck with the car! You'll enjoy your road trip!! Take a good camera and pick some backroads!
    Last edited by luciano136; 03-07-2008 at 12:41 AM.

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Thanks!! I'm still learning about how to tour the US I just ordered all the states guides! So I'm planning slowly how to get everywhere. I really really want to be a photojournalist more so a photographer so I'm def taking my D80 with me getting some pictures for my portfolio! I'd going to have to search through the forums to see if anyone has mentioned some good backroads!

My hard top and my car is white.. I misplaced a couple of bolts for the hard top so it chatters when it's on my car which I can't imagine is good but I don't know what bolts I misplaced.. maybe all of them. So it's just sitting in my basement... stupid i know

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    Thanks!! I'm still learning about how to tour the US I just ordered all the states guides! So I'm planning slowly how to get everywhere. I really really want to be a photojournalist more so a photographer so I'm def taking my D80 with me getting some pictures for my portfolio! I'd going to have to search through the forums to see if anyone has mentioned some good backroads!

My hard top and my car is white.. I misplaced a couple of bolts for the hard top so it chatters when it's on my car which I can't imagine is good but I don't know what bolts I misplaced.. maybe all of them. So it's just sitting in my basement... stupid i know
    You can just get the bolts at a dealer; should only be a few $$$

I bought the book "road trip usa" back in the day and combined a few roads together with some side trips. It turned out GREAT!! 6 weeks of fun and 9000 miles! I LOVED it!! I can send you my route if you want; I still have it somewhere...

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3 Roadster
    That'd be awesome if you can send it to me!

I'm gonna go by the dealership tomorrow and get them ordered I guess, Seeing as Spring is coming up I've been putting off the hard top haha. It's just SO much work to bring it up from the basement!!!

My Cars
    Z//Coupe

Hi there Gio here, 30 from SoCal..

I'm a artist over at Playstation. I've been making heavy use of the searh tool here. I've got a white z3 2.8 Coupe 99 with supersprint exhaust, dinan intake and chip. I love my car the first time i saw one on the road i was mesmerized.

Was over at roadfly but that forum is feeling pretty dead. We just wrapped up our game so I have been off last couple weeks and went into a mod frenzy it all started with a broken window regulator on driver side..thought I'd take it on myself...damn it was insane, I ran out of curse words, taking windows out replacing regulator readjusting windows, greased everything down... anyways to the more funner stuff:

Replaced head unit with Apine CDA-9884
    Replaced front speaker with JL AUDIO VR525-CSI
    Jl 6 Sub install with mdf spacer
    Dynamat doors/rear/front speakers
    Replaced amp with Alpine 4 channel Amp
    Stock wheels with Keskins KT1 17 should be here in couple days : )
    Bilstein sport ..installing this weekend
    H/R Springs
    Rouge RSM
    FSM
    Replaced front bushings
    Colgan bra
    Full detail

Booya, I'm ready for some summer fun cruising. Thanks to everybody that post writeups here, without em I would have been lost thru most of these installs.
    Last edited by gio14; 03-07-2008 at 03:14 AM.

My Cars
    98 BMW Z3 2.8, 91 Volvo 940 SE
    Welcome all! You'll love the BF.c. Plenty of good info here.

Cheers!
    Gibber

'98 BMW Z3 2.8 -- S52 Cams/Dinan CAI & Twr Strut/Butt Strut/JC Shark/SS DTM Exhaust/Eurosport UDPs/Fan Delete/Eurosport M50 Mani/E30 3.73 LSD/JBRacing & RE LWF+Clutch/Evo M3 6-speed

My Cars
    05 330cic, 00 Z3 roadster (retired), 06 Murano
    Hi- Jim here. Bought my 2000 Z3 Bright Red (speeding ticket Red) in Nov 2006. Just fell in love with it!!! It's parked right now - living in the Northeast it stays under cover when the weather is bad. Work in wholesale distribution business- V/P of Sales. Looking forward to going to Homecoming in a couple of years.

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by jpaul60768 View Post
    Hi- Jim here. Bought my 2000 Z3 Bright Red (speeding ticket Red) in Nov 2006. Just fell in love with it!!! It's parked right now - living in the Northeast it stays under cover when the weather is bad. Work in wholesale distribution business- V/P of Sales. Looking forward to going to Homecoming in a couple of years.
    is it a 2.3?

like mine

My Cars
    E36/7 E36/8x2 E46 F25
    Quote Originally Posted by 2kredz3 View Post
    your a female right?

if your not. . .then i dont get this comment
    What, the "waitress college kid" didn't tip you off?

/.randy

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    nah, i guess i never thought of it like that.

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    That'd be awesome if you can send it to me!
    Sure! Doesn't look like you can receive messages yet though?

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods

My Cars
    '00 Z3 2.3 Roady, '08 M5
    Hey guys I'm fairly new to this board. I recently discivered you guys after being on roadfly for years.This forum seems very alive compared to the other. My name is Jimmy, 29 years old from Bergen County NJ. I have a 2000 2.3, Cosmos Black with about 160,000 thousand miles and counting. Staggered 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 TSW Kayalamis. I have Dinan Stage II software with Dinan CAI as well. Supersprint exhaust with DTM tips. Eibach lowering springs which suck. I'm thinking of coilovers. Also have a factory hardtop which I purchased from a fellow board member. I'd love to post pics but can't seem to figure it out yet. I could use some help with that. I really want to post pics.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Welcome Jimmy! You can post pics after you have a certain number of posts, 10-15 or something.

My Cars
    BMW E46 Compact

Cool

Hi everyone, been around the forum for some time now, I'm Babis from Greece, I am 21, I have an E46 Compact and I look forward to get a Z3, hopefully a 2.2i this summer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0wFOB5pX3c
    DJ BabiZ Live @ King's, Patra, Greece every Friday/Saturday night. Be there..

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920213661 ... LastLast