Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i

Exclamation Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

When you first get here, of course it’d be fine to waltz right in and start with the rapid fire questions for your post count, but tell us a little about yourself first. I don’t think this is like most other forums where you register only to ask questions.

How you came upon your Z3. How’d you find BF.c? Have you been a lurker? What year, model? What do you have planned? Mods? Etc.
    Last edited by ///MDex; 02-12-2007 at 08:46 AM.

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    then use search

ECIS Intake:M50 Manifold:Supersprint:Bilstein/H&R Sport:RE RSM:WSM:MZ3 Front Bumper:3.73 LSD
    Waiting List: IE Bushings

My Cars
    M roadster 1998
    Hi guy's
    I beleive i haven't introduce myself my name is Maximilien just call me Max:P i am 17 years old. I am lucky kid and a very spoiled one, my dad bought me an m roadster 1998. What i plan on doing, well i have to fix it, the subframe is completly torn apart. i have already started and halfway done.I would to also get some HID for my M and maybe get some lowered springs. I live in Canada, Quebec, Quebec city. I love my car and hope to meet some of you one day.

My Cars
    97 Z3 1.9, 01 CLK 320
    Ernie here. Still waiting for my Z3 1.9 to come. I introduced myself in an earlier thread, but I'm sure it wont hurt to do it again. I live in a small city in Japan but was born and raised in Canada. Intially, I was looking for an S2000 or Mazda Miata ("Roadster" in Japan). Since we (my girlfriend and I) already have a roomy car (01 MB CLK 320) we decided that we needed something a bit more fun. Luckily enough, we also have access to her parents cars anytime we really need (07 Lexus LS460, 02 Toyota Celsior [Lexus LS430], and Toyota Alphard [Big Luxury Van which I don't think is available outside of Japan really]) , so if the occasion calls for more than 2 or 4 seats, we will be ready. I've always been a big fan of BMW styling, but usually stuck to Japanese cars in the past. Finally decided to purchase a mint 97 (36,000kms) and make the jump from Japanese to German. I'm looking forward to the delivery of the car and the endless days of driving with the top down.

Z3speed4me is offline Coupe Cartel Forever! BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    MCoupe, Q3, Tiguan
    yay for dex laying down the line

~Ken~ '99 M coupe THE "original" TT Stage 3 - HTA3586R; 701 whp 672 wtq @ 26.5 psi ; NeverSell - CoupeCartel

My Cars
    Jag XKR Silverstone, 04 645, 1 Toy Hauler & A Boat
    Hi I'm Bill,

I used to post a lot until I got busy at work b/c I started buying more BMW's and had to find a way to pay for them!
    Modifimied Z3 2.8
    Faster than you think

My Cars
    00 MCoupe - 04 Lexus RX330 - 90 325i
    Bill - long time no see! Hope all is well with the Roady.

My Cars
    2001 M Roadster
    Hello,
    I'm Sam Carney from Tampa Florida.
    I am 26 years old and currently finishing up my Information Systems Management degree at the University of South Florida.
    I'm probably the guy who posted "rapidfire" when I joined, mostly due the fact that I was so excited to get my first bmw and there was so much I wanted to know.
    I purchased a 2001 M s54 Imola Red,roadster a week ago. It drives/handles wonderfully thus far.
    I was referred by a couple of friends who are BMW owners, one is Curt Grogan, I think has posted here before.
    I plan on being active in the Z3 forum for a long time, and im sorry for not searching before starting new threads(i didnt realize I could search forums )
    Last edited by samcarney; 02-12-2007 at 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling error
    SamCarney
    2001 M Roadster S54
    Imola Red/Black Imola Red

My Cars
    N/A
    It's about time all of these new members start introducing themselves!

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Welcome to all.
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    BMW330ci, Chevy Tahoo, Nissan 240sx

I am new new new

Hello Everyone my name is DJ. I just joined and I have a 2001 330ci that we just put a cold air intake on and put on a headlight conversion kit to change it to HID with angel eyes. We did it this weekend. It all turned out well. My next task is to find a good name exhaust. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah and more about me.. I live far far away in North Carolina where the air is not as clean as it should be, but the sky is a beautiful color. I also have an older Nissan 240sx. You know one of the types of japanese cars that people like to drift these days.I have had it for over 10 years. It was my first car. My BMW is my baby. I need to make it go fast really fasssst!!!
    Last edited by Heaven; 02-12-2007 at 03:27 PM.

My Cars
    E36/8, K12R, E91
    Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    I just joined and I have a 2001 330ci that we just put a cold air intake on and put on a headlight conversion kit to change it to HID with angel eyes. We did it this weekend. It all turned out well. My next task is to find a good name exhaust. Any help would be appreciated. Oh yeah and more about me.. I live far far away in North Carolina where the air is not as clean as it should be, but the sky is a beautiful color. I also have an older Nissan 240sx. You know one of the types of japanese cars that people like to drift these days.I have had it for over 10 years. It was my first car. My BMW is my baby. I need to make it go fast really fasssst!!!
    Umm welcome, but you'll find more help specific to your car here...
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...splay.php?f=15
    2002 Alpine White w/ Black 368 (<OO \(||][||)/ OO>)
    Power: Custom Exhaust w/ High Flow cats, CSL headers, built, low-compression Supercharged and aftercooled S-54, ViPEC standalone ECU, Vortech V2 Si trim
    Driveline: Euro 6 speed, 3.64 diff w/ 40% Lockup, Rogue Octane SSK, UUC Red TME kit, UUC Stage 3 LTW Flywheel/M5 Clutch, SS Shift Knob
    Suspension & Brakes: TC Kline True Match Coilovers 500f/500r w/ adjustable camber plates, Racing Dynamics sways, Custom front sway endlinks, ATE fluid, UUC/Willwood BBK 6 piston f - 4 piston r , Slotted E46M3 Rotors, Stainless Lines, Strong Strut, IE Subframe & adjustable rear trailing arm bushings
    ICE & Misc: Projector Z's w/DDE & 5k HID, 19'' Gold HRE C20's, Custom Aux pwr outlet, footwell lighting, ACS Splitters, Areo Sideskirts, Custom gauge pods, Z8 Start, Pioneer AVIC Z3, Clarus Components, 10" RE Sub in a Mister-X Enclosure, Alpine PDX 4X150 + 1X600 Amps
    Coming soon: and a visit to Randy Forbes

My Cars
    2010 135i M Sport 6MT
    Iv been around for a few months (as you can see from my post count but i never introduced myself)

I am 21 years young. . .i just bought my first car that i am truly paying for by myself. It is a 2000 Z3 2.3 that has 53k mi on it. I work with my family in the insurance business, we own the Ga section of American Income Life. I have been working with my rents for the last year and half. before that i worked at lowes' home improvment, i was a department manager as well as a trainer. I am currently taking classes through Georgia Highlands for information systems, with a hope of graduation in 2 years.

Current mods are just a sound system plenty more to come. I am also a moderator / owner of my own site for our local group ( www.the-mod-squad.org) <--- in that group we essentually get together every weekend and mod out our rides it is a lot of fun!

My Cars
    Tundra ///M Coupe & R6
    So I guess I'm kind of a n00b

Name is Mike, I live in Seattle and am 21 years old. I spend most of my time on TDF and DTM but lurk on bfc Z3 section everyday...

Bought my '99 Black M coupe a couple years ago, pretty much stock and left it that way. Put 22,000 miles on it in just over a year and then sold it for a profit

Then just over a year ago I bought my '00 Dakar M Coupe which had some work done to it, and I'm continuing to do work (M50, Sparco seats and harnesses, and some "electronics") and also have put 19,000 miles on it in just over a year... Love the car and the community and will be sticking around for awhile.

My Cars
    E368 S54
    Hi I am Jay. I have been lurking for a while and researching M Roadsters and Coupes. I am 33 and in the process of working my way to affording a fun car for personal enjoyment and not family transport. I have always loved the M Coupe (and want one), but feel that if I am going to buy a fun car that only gets driven on nice weekends I might as well go for the Roadster now. I hope to plunk down the coin in April. A Coupe might be next depending on how things go. I could see myself buying a salvage title coupe and building it out properly (with lots of help).

My Cars
    07 RAMHEMi - H&B 630csi

My Cars
    2000 2.3 z3
    I never did a a formal hello either

My name's Jason, I'm originally from Pennsylvania and when to penn state for computer engineering, since then I moved down to Raleigh NC to go to work doing software programming/testing. I'm 26 soon to be 27, single.

I've gone to 1-2 cca meet up's in RTP, and have been a good little modder, slowly but surely...

Anyway, the first time I found bf.c coming from roadfly I was like Especially the classifieds/sale forums, and just the extra activity on the z3 forum. I've lurked for 1-2yrs since buying my used 2.3 in Charleston SC back in the summer of '04.

It took me literally months and hundreds of miles to find the car, since any cars at a fair price would get snatched up in a matters of days or 1-2 weeks... I was robbed at the last minute on at least 2-3 cars. But since then I just about tripled the mileage on the car and I actually now have helpful advice to give sometimes!

Here's to another post++

My Cars
    97 1.9l Z3,06 Inf FX45
    Hello all. My name is Bryce, I'm 42 years old and I'm from Grass Valley, CA. Director of Supply Chain for a major food producer. Bought my first BMW a couple weeks ago....a 97 Z3 1.9L. Got it from a woman who retired from where I work for $7500. It was driven an easy 87k miles...but needed a lot of TLC. So far Koni's/Rogues in the back and new front LCAB's. Coming soon, Koni's in the front, subframe bushings, Hard Dog (that is next), and then wheels and tires. Also fixed several problems that the dealer misdiagnosed....keyless alarm/lock for one. This weekend I cleaned up the headlights. They were pitted with dozens of chips. Wet sanded them with 400 grit, then 800, then 1200, then 1500, then 2500...then polished them with Mcguires plastic cleaner and a buffer. Came out fantastic...crystal clear. Now I need to cover them with clear bra material QUICKLY. Also have an FJ Cruiser and 05 WRX...they have benefitted from forums as well. It's a great knowledge base.

I'm quite envious of some of the vehicles on here...so I will most likely be parting with my 97 after I fix her up...and getting an M Roadster.

My Cars
    a few
    Hello my name is Adam and I am an Alcoholic. I also cant wait to meet all of you people. Hopefully i can get around to making up to either homecoming and/or Mdex's dragon meet. I know time is running out buy im sure i could make it happen. I love my car almost more than my girl and she respects that i have two women in my life. i have owned my coupe for 2 years now. Got a great deal from a good fello named brusewayne. He is still an active member on bf.c and that is who let me know about this site. I will own my far forever and will continue to mod the hell out of it.

Thanks for reading and yes i am an Alcoholic.

My Cars
    S52 M Roadster, WRX,
    Its nice to see some introductions and hear from people that don't post much.

Quote Originally Posted by RkitOut View Post
    im new
    I wish I knew you would be at Rolex. I was there and would have met up to at least just say hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by BATMAN2 View Post
    Hello my name is Adam and I am an Alcoholic. I also cant wait to meet all of you people. Hopefully i can get around to making up to either homecoming and/or Mdex's dragon meet. I know time is running out buy im sure i could make it happen. I love my car almost more than my girl and she respects that i have two women in my life. i have owned my coupe for 2 years now. Got a great deal from a good fello named brusewayne. He is still an active member on bf.c and that is who let me know about this site. I will own my far forever and will continue to mod the hell out of it.

Thanks for reading and yes i am an Alcoholic.
    I will be heading up to the Dragon meet as well. It looks like my girlfriend wants me to take her up and drop her off in Atlanta for the weekend which will be a little bit of a detour. I hope you can make it up.
    -Jason

Weekend Car

'99 Boston Green M Roadster - intake, M50 manifold, schrick cams, magnaflow exhaust, TCK D/A Coilovers 500/600, RD front bar, ltw flywheel & clutch, harddog rollbar, schroth harnesses, zionsville radiator, S54 oil cooler, stewart pump, etc ..... ~245rwhp

My Cars
    ML320-GTI-996TT-Bikes
    I guess I never introduced myself either. I've been a member of bimmerfest.com for a longer time but only started posting on bimmerforums recently.

My name is Bruno, 28 years old. I moved to the US from Europe in Sept 2004. Bought the car in Dec '04 with 40k miles on it. The car is mostly stock but I did add a VFE supercharger in Dec '06 and a magnaflow exhaust in Jan '07. I'm mostly a driving enthusiast with not too much technical knowledge (I do learn by reading stuff though). The only other mod I might do is some suspension upgrades.

I work as a controller and love to climb mountains in my spare time.

There you go

SOLD MAY '14
    Mods
    : 6psi Supercharger kit; Rogue RSM's; DINAN strut brace; Magnaflow exhaust; Stewart waterpump; Stoneguards, Glove box fix, M Shift knob; Aux input adapter;
    Mesh bumper grill; Projector Z II headlights (35W Xenon), IE alu radiator, ARD wheel studs, H&R coilovers, Work VS-XX wheels/Hankook V12 tires, VANOS fix

My Cars
    240sx, JCW MINI, Disco
    Quote Originally Posted by ///MDex View Post
    Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

When you first get here, of course it’d be fine to waltz right in and start with the rapid fire questions for your post count, but tell us a little about yourself first. I don’t think this is like most other forums where you register only to ask questions.

How you came upon your Z3. How’d you find BF.c? Have you been a lurker? What year, model? What do you have planned? Mods? Etc.
    And preferably, don't post pictures of your car when you're new if it has any real exterior modification until people start getting used to your "strong" personality

The name's Colin. 18 and insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaddy View Post
    thedaddy ties Obama to Ozzie Osbourne...........nails triple word score.

My Cars
    1999 z3 coupe - black
    My bf.c name is Bird because I have a 1967 Firebird convertible. I bought it in 1995 because I thought I wanted a daily driver convertible. It turns out that cars of that vintage don't make great daily drivers. So I overrestored it, put it in some shows, won big trophies, and went from driving it 2500 miles a summer to about 250 or less.

I decided I wanted a modern convertible. In quick succession I had a 3rd gen Trans Am convertible, an e36 convertible I found while on vacation in Phoenix, an e30 convertible with 150,000+ miles on it, and an Audi cabriolet.

Last spring I sold everything except the Firebird. I went ragtop-less for the summer for the first time in a very long time.

Last fall my BMW indy had a z3 coupe in for service. I saw it and was riveted. I started looking on the sly, and found my 99 black/walnut coupe at a great dealership down in Manheim PA. I had it shipped up, and it sits now under cover and in storage for another month. Then it's time to start the mods- first up is the Dice install and install of the M coupe console and gauge set I just bought. I'm also trying to talk myself into a Whalen custom shift knob. Hey, father's day is only a few months away....

My Cars
    e28, GSXR, 82csr650,
    in ever properly introduced myself either, ive been around since dec, and you all have been alot of help, not you specifically, because im not a "M'er" or have a z, but i am addicted to bmws now, i have an 85 535, i plan on runnin it till it explodes, and buying and building up an m3, e30 ore36, or maybe a z4 by the time it dies

My Cars
    Z3M Coupe, Z4M, E90 M3
    Not really new, but I'll play along.

Names Gary. I'm 19, live in Los Angeles, California. Very active on forums and in car community. Been on the forums for a long time, have had several other cars before the Z3. I was looking at e46s/IS300s when I found my Z3 on craigslist. Bought the Z3 at the end of Janruary in 2006, quickly got to modding. I have done a lot, you can click link in sig to check. As for what I have planned? Brake upgrades, some custom repaint on bumper and some other stuff, boooost, Z4 6 spd with a higher ratio diff, and an M console when I get bored.

Page 1 of 67 12345678910112651 ... LastLast