Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7324748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1660

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3
    Welcome! The best apart is working on these cars. Just try stay within your budget. And remember... When your significant other says "That car is sending us to the poor house!" Your can tell her " But we can drive there in style with the top down!"

Enjoy the ride!

My Cars
    2000 Z3
    Hi all. I recently purchased a 2000 Z3 which is currently in the shop for a repaint followed up with a new top. I live in Eastern Pa. I have owned many cars and toys throughout my life. I always liked the lines of the Z3 so since I'm 65 I figured I still have time for a new thrill to transition out of motorcycles with. I picked it up not running. I figured it would be a reasonably cheap fix to get it going and $2700 later it is. Not as cheap as I expected but since I put that much into it I may as well get it looking as good as I can. Looking forward to the Spring and enjoying the hell out of this roadster.

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Welcome! You will love the Z3.

Transition out of motorcycles? At 71, I was just planning to do the same when I found a great enduro. Double the fun come spring.
    Last edited by Tigershark48; 12-03-2020 at 08:58 PM.
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

My Cars
    '99 Z3M
    Hello, my name is Ames. I haven't been lurking too long. As my username may suggest, my love of cars started with my first car. It was a 1984 RX-7. Since then I have owned a few dozen different cars but I always find my way back to the small sports cars. After a 5 year hiatus as a sports car owner I am back with my first BMW. It's a 99 M Roadster.

Well, I haven't actually picked it up yet. I've been watching it for a while on the internet. I'm currently in transit back to the US from a national guard deployment. I fell in love with the color combo and didn't want to miss out on it so I have put a deposit on it. I'll keep the specifics to myself until I actually pick the car up. I had a local BMW dealership do a pre-purchase inspection. It needs some work but I think I got it for the right price.

I don't plan on doing anything major to it. It is all stock and I plan to keep it that way with the exception of some tasteful audio upgrades. The ultimate goal will be to sort out the grimlins and restore it to its full glory.

I haven't been active on any auto forums for quite some time but I have a feeling I'll be here pretty frequently. I work at a BMW dealership so I have access to some pretty skilled technicians but I am usually a Diy kinda guy. I look forward to meeting you guys and learning a lot!

My Cars
    2000 Z3M , F80 Comp YMB
    Hey guys, I purchased a 2000 S52 Dakar yellow z3 M with 44k miles. Has all original extras including hardtop , stand , papers , everything. Car is amazing. I’ll start a thread with some updates to consolidate general care and upgrades. This forum has already helped a lot, good group. I also have my F80 comp and frequent the Other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    2000 Z3
    Very nice

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

My Cars
    00 M Roady '22 Lexus RC
    You got a keeper there!

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3 Roadster
    IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0190.jpgIMG_0192.jpg

Hi, my name is Sal, and I just turned 50. Was planning on getting an Alfa for my gift-to-myself but ended up under-impressed with its fit, power and more. Always loved the Z's but always thought them to be out of reach, financially. Was very pleasantly surprised to find a good number of them on Craigslist in L.A.

Ultimately ended up with this 2000 Z.3 beauty with 155k for....wait for it....$3,000! That comes in about $2k under what I was ready to spend. So I got very lucky!

Love, love, LOVE how this car handles...3rd gear is my best friend on winding roads of Laurel Canyon.

I may be leaning on this community as I'm not mechanical, so thanks in advance!
    Last edited by jerzyflix1; 12-10-2020 at 12:18 AM.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3 Roadster
    Um, best profile pic Beezr EVER! 1941, sooooo underrated. Great Belushi doc on Showtime, btw.
    Last edited by jerzyflix1; 12-11-2020 at 09:05 PM.

My Cars
    1998 Z3 2.8
    Hello and good afternoon!

My name is Kiel, and I found the forum a couple of months ago when I started searching for a Z3 to call my own, and was looking for buying advice and potential pitfalls. I've had a soft spot for these cars for the last 20+ years, ever since my uncle taught me to drive manual transmission in his brand new M on Thanksgiving back when I was 15 or 16 years old.

I purchased a '98 2.8 at the end of October and have been taking care of some minor items, adjustment of the coilovers that the PO had installed, and planning out the order of priority for fixing the issues that remain like the driver door pull and the power top hydraulics among many other little things here and there.

I've enjoyed getting to learn from all of the knowledgeable people on the forum so far, and look forward to learning even more as I try to do as much of the work as possible by myself on this car (might have to farm out replacing the soft top, as I don't currently have an indoor workspace, and it seems really intimidating).

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzyflix1 View Post
    IMG_0197.jpgIMG_0190.jpgIMG_0192.jpg

Hi, my name is Sal, and I just turned 50. Was planning on getting an Alfa for my gift-to-myself but ended up under-impressed with its fit, power and more. Always loved the Z's but always thought them to be out of reach, financially. Was very pleasantly surprised to find a good number of them on Craigslist in L.A.

Ultimately ended up with this 2000 Z.3 beauty with 155k for....wait for it....$3,000! That comes in about $2k under what I was ready to spend. So I got very lucky!

Love, love, LOVE how this car handles...3rd gear is my best friend on winding roads of Laurel Canyon.

I may be leaning on this community as I'm not mechanical, so thanks in advance!
    Looks super clean for 155k miles. Very nice!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PayamFSU View Post
    Hey guys, I purchased a 2000 S52 Dakar yellow z3 M with 44k miles. Has all original extras including hardtop , stand , papers , everything. Car is amazing. I’ll start a thread with some updates to consolidate general care and upgrades. This forum has already helped a lot, good group. I also have my F80 comp and frequent the Other forums.

Good thing you got such a small car, given your size ;-)

My Cars
    00 M Roady '22 Lexus RC
    We certainly have some good humor on here sometimes! You made me laugh Tigershark!

My Cars
    2000 Z3M , F80 Comp YMB
    Lol

My Cars
    2001 Z3 M Roadster
    Hey All,

Just picked up an '01 M Roadster, Titanium over black. I made the decision to sell my beloved M2 Comp because I started working from home permanently. It took about 3 months for me to realize the mistake I had made. I started my search for a weekend toy that I could get out and enjoy but not have to rely on it being a daily. After narrowing it down to Boxster/Cayman, E46 or M Roadster it became pretty clear that the M Roadster was the best of bunch for my criteria.

I picked the car up on BaT about a month ago. She has just over 21,000 miles. Before I received the car I shipped her off to Randy Forbes to have the bearing swapped and timing adjusted. Since coming home she's had the seat bushings replaced, replaced old tires with Michelin 4S's and new floor Mat to preserve the M mats. I'm already in love...

I've already learned a ton from reading through threads here and looking forward to learning and contributing as much as I can.

IMG_0205.jpg

My Cars
    MRoadster,Tacoma,DR650
    Welcome Hancod. Good low miles find. Enjoy!

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 2.5i
    Hello, everyone! I just picked up a 2001 Z3 2.5i with the five-speed in Atlanta Blue Metallic. Looking forward to working with this wonderful community.
    Last edited by zthreepio; 09-25-2022 at 11:30 AM.

My Cars
    2000 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by jerzyflix1 View Post
    Um, best profile pic Beezr EVER! 1941, sooooo underrated. Great Belushi doc on Showtime, btw.

Thanks jerzyflix1.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    Hello from Raleigh NC. I just picked up a 2000 Z3 2.3 with the M52tub25 engine. Titan Silver with 54k miles on the clock. The car is in amazing shape. My first tasks are general maintenance, maybe some bushing upgrades, but then the audio system will get a refresh. I hope to do a head unit, 3 way tri-amped system with a custom sub. I'll restore the sub that is there first just to get it back to 100%. The foam around the dual voice coil driver is shot.
    This car is mainly for the wife and I to enjoy now that the three kids are finishing up college in the next couple years. Would eventually like to do a few simple go fast goodies. Maybe cams, intake, exhaust and tune.
    Anyone else here from NC?

Thanks,

​Brian

My Cars
    99 Coupe 16 GS350 FSPORT
    I'm in Raleigh myself and also going down the audio upgrade rabbit hole, but there are currently more amazon purchases for my 5 month old than for the coupe.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 Coupe
    Hi Raleigh friends, I've got a silver coupe near downtown. Hope to maybe see you both at some cars n coffee events.

My Cars
    99 Coupe 16 GS350 FSPORT
    Which one? There's a few around, I've only been to the one on capital once.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 Coupe
    From what I hear, the Morrisville one is consistently the best one with the most turn out. It's once a month and the next one is May 1st.

http://facebook.com/Cars-and-Coffee-...4973942559422/

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    In NC as well. Western NC. Raleigh is about 4 hours east of here. I’m looking around for some cars and coffee. Just happened to stumble upon 8-10 locals at a meet up in a small rural town over the weekend. Really odd to see them and wanted to turn in and meet them but my driving partner and I were not in our MCoupe and M2C as we were heading to work on some property and pushed for time. I’ll be looking for those guys in the future.

Anyone near Charlotte, Greenville, Spartanburg let me know if any good C&C near there. I’m central to all 3.

My Cars
    2000 Z3 2.3
    The C & C in Morrisville is bonkers. Saw two (!) Panoz Esperantes there last time. Crazy rare. You'll see some of everything there. Most of the BMWs were newer M3s or 335s. I saw a photo of a silver Z3 there but didn't see it myself. Would love to catch up with some of you Raleigh guys! mindEASE, I grew up outside of Hickory so not too far from where you are.

My Cars
    99 Coupe 16 GS350 FSPORT
    I will try hard to make it down there for the next one. I may even polish the single stage paint. Still won't be pretty, but may look better.

Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7324748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast