Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1660

Thread: Noobs! Introduce Yourselves!

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    Do your brake lights work ? You must press the brake pedal before the top motor will run. The brake pedal switch is a dual contact switch but I can't remember if it's tied to the cruise control or light circuit.

My Cars
    '99 Z3 2.8 Roadster
    Also, check if someone disabled the hydraulics. There's a small "tap" on the motor, behind the carpet in the boot (on the left).
    1999 BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster - show project
    1970 VW 411L Auto - show/restoration project (sold)
    1982 BMW 518i E12/8 - stolen
    1987 Mazda 323 1.5 SL - daily driver, backup show car

My Cars
    98 M Roadster
    Also make sure it has fluid in it. I think my hydraulic cylinder leaks as I can hear my pump run but no hydraulic fluid in the reservoir and no sign of fluid in the trunk well. The limit switches are also an issue.

My Cars
    88 E30 conv, 01 Z3 conv
    Quote Originally Posted by z3forlife View Post
    Do your brake lights work ? You must press the brake pedal before the top motor will run. The brake pedal switch is a dual contact switch but I can't remember if it's tied to the cruise control or light circuit.
    Yes thanks, brake lights work and I did have my foot on the brake. I also checked fuse #1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JKuhn View Post
    Also, check if someone disabled the hydraulics. There's a small "tap" on the motor, behind the carpet in the boot (on the left).
    Thanks, yes its on. I turned it off temporarily to get the top down manually. Its full of fluid as well. I think next steps are to test the actual switch, the two relays in trunk and the micro switch.

My Cars
    2000 BMW M Roadster

Ah yes, a NOOBIE am I

My little M Roadster (ROQ IT) and I live in the Humboldt Redwoods. I'm just an old hippie chick farmer who likes to drive autocross (FAST + SAFE) . Looking for good tips on the BimmerForum!

My Cars
    2000 m roadster 2010 x3
    I'm jealous. I loved driving the lost coast hwy and avenue of the giants hwy. saw the travel log. Lots of great drives around there.

My Cars
    2000 BMW Z3 Roadster
    Hi all, I've been getting information from this sight for years. I have a great mechanic, but sometimes, he makes me do the research on repairs for my 2000 Z3 2.5 Roadster. I know more about the repairs than I really want, but I don't want to ruin my manicure doing it myself. 🙃 This is my second Z3. My first was a 1999 1.9. I bought it used, drove it 100,000 miles in about three years for work and decided it was time to upgrade. I love my car, but since I'm not getting dirty to make changes, my car is just the way it was when it came off the showroom floor.

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0i
    Hey everyone! I am new to bimmerforums so I'm looking forward to all the knowledge to gain from this site! I am the proud owner of a 2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i w/ 125k. Previously, I had a 2006 e46 330ci ZHP w/140k. I have had the clownshoe for almost a year now and it is my daily driver and by far my favorite BMW I've ever owned.

My Cars
    1960 Willys wagon 4by4,
    Hello to all! I am in the market for a Z3, M. 01-02 sounds good. The little bit of lurking here I am kind of worried about the motors and rear end. I own a 72 Stingray and a Willys 4by4 wagon, That stuff I understand. The Z cars I have no knowledge of. You cats have sooooo many numbers and letters for your rides! Only seen one live as I live in rural Wisconsin. I have a shot at a 1997 with 77K on her for $8900 with the 2.8. I understand that it is a lot less HP than the M cars. I do like HP, but if I have to putz with the M rig, well, I want to drive it. I will add I own a couple old Harleys and a 1981 Cbx. I do not fit the mold of any of those rigs. Just a 62 year old that likes to have fun behind the wheel and handle bars. Thanks for any help! Take care and thanks for letting me ride along here. Take care, Mike.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    New member here, have been lurking on these forums for the past 4 years since I got my 1998 Z3. Loved the car for years, then saw one for sale for $6000 in my town. New radiator, tires and front bumper (was backed into at a stop sign!) are the only major things I have done. Has about 135,000 miles on it. Live in Michigan so only drive it about 8 months/year. Should be out in the next couple weeks, winter not giving up this year. My daily driver is a 2003 Subaru Baja but that's a story for a different forum. Have used the forum here for many questions I have had, great resource! Thanks all! Karen Noel

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    Hello! We just got our 1998 Z3 yesterday......57,000 original miles......plan to change out tires and wheels and then just drive the snot out of it!

https://flic.kr/p/25VUcmk

My Cars
    1998 E36/7 Z3 M44 1.9i
    My name is Rui, from Lisboa, Portugal - and I'm a noob, to Z3's.

I've owned a 2001 E39 Touring N47(Black / 5 speed), 2004 E83 N47TU (Grey
    / 6 speed) and I currently own a 2004 E61 M57TU (black / 6 speed), 2007 E670 M57TU (Grey / Auto) and my 1998 Z3 M44 (black on black / Auto).

Not a tech background, but I like to put my hands on the dirt, so I read a lot to get things done.

I´m a fan of the bavarian brand, and i expect to be here for a long time.

Thanks

My Cars
    97 Z3 Roadster
    Hello - Tony here. Rescued a "Charlie Brown tree" 97 Atlanta Blue/beige Z3 with 130K miles, from a dealer who rescued it from auction. It was someone's parts car so I'm replacing a lot of cracked interior plastic, NO rattles though. Clean'ish body with only a few dimples, unavoidable chips on the air dam, mechanically sound, no engine bump or grinds, clutc lightly used, doesn't blow oil, spot welds are solid, mellow exhaust and came with new BMW appropriate tires. Not bad for $2800. Now trying improve audio system while scrounging for parts but its like the car was made on mars ;-). Plans are to keep it until the first major repair and then make a decision. Other car is a Subaru Outback. Car history: Explorer, Ranger, Taurus, Contour (ugh), Le Baron, Thunderbird new 89 model year, El Camino, Grand Prix 455 HO 12 bolt posi metallic blue white landau.
    Last edited by TboneZ; 05-26-2018 at 04:48 PM.

My Cars
    1999 BMW M Coupe
    Hello All.

My name is Hector, I am from Massachusetts and I recently purchased a 1999 BMW MCoupe as a summer car / project car. The car is completely stock at the moment.

The vehicle has 121k miles and one light on for air bag (I believe it is a seat belt tensioner issue). I haven't looked into the the rear subframe mainly because i'm afraid of what I'll find.....

This has been my dream car since I was 12 years old so I do not plan on ever getting rid of this car. I have so many questions but I have been searching for most of them on the forum instead of posting my questions. I am also fortunate to have a co-worker with a 2000 Z3Mcoupe who's brain I can pick.

I hope that this forum will be a wealth of knowledge for me to reference as I tinker with my new car.

-Hector

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3
    Hi all, new to BMWs and this forum. I pickup up a 2001 Z3 2.5i about 2 weeks ago. The car is all pretty much all stock except for some rear wheel spacers. And, being 221K+ miles old, it has a nice list of things to fix.
    I wanted something to tinker with on the weekends and I think that this will fit the bill.
    Looking forward to all the education I'll receive (and eventually give) through this forum.
    Unfortunately, I'm living in an area of Florida NOT known for twisty roads so I'll have to be satisfied with cruising along the beaches with the little Mrs.

Tim

My Cars
    1998 Z3 M Roadster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Z3Noob69 View Post
    Hi all, new to BMWs and this forum. I pickup up a 2001 Z3 2.5i about 2 weeks ago. The car is all pretty much all stock except for some rear wheel spacers. And, being 221K+ miles old, it has a nice list of things to fix.
    I wanted something to tinker with on the weekends and I think that this will fit the bill.
    Looking forward to all the education I'll receive (and eventually give) through this forum.
    Unfortunately, I'm living in an area of Florida NOT known for twisty roads so I'll have to be satisfied with cruising along the beaches with the little Mrs.

Tim
    Welcome.
    Whereabouts in Fl?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Cars
    99 z3 2.8L
    Another bmw n00b here in VA (DC area)

Picked up a 99 2.8L w/128k miles from my mom since she didn't want to deal with more issues (water leak and electrical issues are getting to her). She wanted to keep it in the family and I initially didn't want it since I have a kid, wife, and dog and not a lot of money to spend on a strictly 'fun car' so she gave it to me. Primary reason because I have a garage/space and she does not; she bought it used in 2000. She's on the hunt for a 3.0si z4 coupe now. A bunch of issues as the dash reminds me of Christmas and there is a water leak somewhere... So I'll be on the forums fairly frequently now.

So far in a couple weeks:

- Clayed and waxed
    - manually pulled the passenger seat (motor wasn't working)
    - I've dried out the interior and trunk area
    - reconditioned the headlights
    - fixed some wiring for the pass seat harness (works now!)
    - replaced the side impact sensor on the driver's side (heavily corroded)
    - replaced the kick panel speakers (a bit blown)
    - replaced one top window guide (didn't realize it was $80 for just one piece... ordered the other 3)
    - ordered new subs (a bit blown - should be here soon)

Am currently troubleshooting a Secondary Air Pump issue so it will pass emissions inspection so I can fully register the car. The pump and check valve seem fine, so I'll pull the throttle body and inspect the hoses, connectors, non-return valve, and electronic valve for leaks or issues.

Most of the SRS codes went away after I changed the driver's sensor, but it's still complaining of the passenger sensor, so that part is on the way.

The ABS stuff appears to be a PITA to trouble shoot, but I'll check the relays before I start testing the wheel speed sensors or module.

I need to repair the coolant reservoir (really small, miniscule leak). Planning on using plastic weld or epoxy first. If that doesn't work I'll replace it with a new one.

Coolant flush and oil change really soon, too. I may change the MTF and Power Steering Fluid for reassurance, too.

Spark plugs should be here soon as the last ones were changed about 50k ago.

Future Plans:
    - inspect suspension bushings and engine/trans/diff mounts and replace worn bushings/mounts
    - probably reinforce rear subframe/diff mount (no cracks or weld brakes yet)
    - h&r springs / koni struts
    - wheels and tires
    Last edited by sijray21; 06-11-2018 at 06:26 PM.

My Cars
    1997 z3 2.8
    Relative noob here. Been lurking for 3 years since i picked up my 97 Z3 2.8. Ive asked a few questions along the way but never introduced myself. Ryan from Cincinnati. Picked up a 97 2.8 Hellrot with 57k for $5000 in 2015.

Things done:
    Seat bushing fix
    Seat recline mod
    IE subframe bushings
    M50 Swap
    HR Sport Springs
    AFE Intake
    Magnaflow
    Alternator brush replacement
    Tons of felt tape for rattles
    New waterpump

Near future will bring full refresh if rest of suspension. Would love to eek out more power, maybe supercharge...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    1997 BMW Z3
    Bob here. I am now the proud owner of a 1997 Z3. My Dad bought it new, but is no longer able to drive it do to his age. It’s been stored outside under a cover the past few years so it needs some TLC. Want to keep it as original as I can. Needs seats recovered and overhauled, driver’s side needs bushings. Runs well although am tracking down some codes. Glad to have found the forum. I tend to read more than post.

My Cars
    2001 BMW Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Hi, there, I'm a total noob! I lurked while researching the M Coupe and Z3 Coupe which I had never actually laid eyes on until an M Coupe came up for auction on Bring a Trailer six months ago. It was love at first sight and I knew I had to have one. I eventually decided on the Z3 Coupe thinking the roads on Northern Vancouver Island would be too rough on an M. At the end of April, I found a possibility in Quebec (all the way across Canada) and within a week was flying to see it. I truly love beautiful cars and have always had an interest in them mechanically but let me state right now I am MECHANICALLY STUPID and up to this point have always relied on my husband and mechanic son to help me make good choices. I went against everything I would normally do when purchasing a used car and after a quick test drive and look over, decided on a 2001 Titanium Silver over Walnut Z3 3.0 (originally a 1 of 1 car according to the Z3 Buyers Guide but too heavily modified at this point to make that stock claim). I drove it 7000 kms across Canada, with only minor issues (bulging tire, defrost fan quit) and it has since been a pumpkin in my driveway. The car is awaiting a provincial safety inspection which wouldn't normally be a big deal except that we have been unable to solve an SRS light issue which will automatically fail the inspection. So, I've been getting a crash course in many mechanical things because I want to know this car inside and out. Funny thing though, I thought my roads in BC would be too hard on an M Coupe but it turns out that our hwys are the best across Canada and because my car has been so heavily modified from its previous life as a track car, my husband says it "almost out-M's an M Coupe". It doesn't, but she's pretty damn fast and the way she drifts a corner makes me catch my breath! Wish us luck on the airbag issue, we've had the damn seats in and out a few times and are now waiting on some missing parts that will hopefully solve some of the problems.
    Last edited by PuSchuh; 06-21-2018 at 06:48 PM.

My Cars
    2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0
    Hello all,
    Just like PuSchuh above, i just picked up a 2001 Coupe 3.0 which according to the coupe buyers guide. The vin shows it's 1 of 1 ... Jet Black, m54, Auto, sand beige with Chrome line. Look forward to being more active on this forum! I picked up the car from a studio company, it was used as a picture car, ( film unknown) Sat in a dirt lot for several years, so now i'v become it's caretaker and will begin to restore it.
    Last edited by TurboBladz; 06-25-2018 at 04:53 PM.

My Cars
    1998 BMW Z3
    Welcome, my name is Scott and I just purchased my BMW z3. 2.8l. The car has zero rust on it and has 173k miles.
    The engine runs rough at idle when the car is cold. After warm up it’s fine. The check engine light is on and so is air bag light
    I sold my MAZDASPEED 3 to purchase this car and have been so happy since doing so.
    The one thing I am finding is that interior parts are very expensive and well that this feels like a collector car. I hope to be talking with you all from time to time. I live in the lower part of Michigan.

My Cars
    '98 Z3 1.9 Rdstr
    In 2000, I bought a new ‘01 325xi and had it for 15 years. Best car I’ve ever owned, but expensive to maintain towards the end for sure. The reason I mention this is because I found not one, but two, trusted BMW mechanics over that time. It made the decision to purchase a 20 year old Z3 from the other side of the country (CA) a bit easier. Only 70k miles, silver with red/black sport seats, manual trans (the rest is in my bio). This car was designed to be a Miata, and that’s all I ask it to deliver - smiles. Hope to have it a long time to enjoy on nice weekends.
    Last edited by bring; 09-03-2018 at 09:24 PM.

My Cars
    1996 BMW Z3 1.9
    Wassup everyone,

Just got my 1st Z3 a 96 1.9 somewhat faded Montreal blue paint, the parts that aren't are pretty though.
    Already did my 1st road side repair yesterday when the jhook apparently came undone from the gas pedal.
    Going to be my daily, hopefully can keep ahead of any issues.

My Cars
    1999 z3 coupe
    Hey all, been driving a '98 Z3 coupe for about 5 years now. Love it, my wife's and my perfect date car. I've debadged the rear and removed rear wiper as mods. Had to get clever to reconnect the right driver grab handle as BMW repair couldn't get replacement. Got some more work to do on it, but that's for another thread.

Since this is an intro, let me tell you why this is a lucky car . . . good things seem to follow it. It all began when we were test driving it. My wife and I were heading north out of the city on a clear highway and I crested a hill at about 95 mph and ahead was a cruiser with hand held radar. Didn't bother to think I'd not be noticed. I simply slowed down and pulled in behind him. But where are the window buttons?! Couldn't find them. So I opened the door and explained that we were test driving and that I didn't know how to open the window. He walked around the car . . . looked at me . . . looked at my wife . . . looked at the car . . . then he said, "You know, if I was test driving this, I'd want to open it up, too. You folks have a nice day and drive safe." Ever since then, it's been like a good luck charm.

Page 47 of 67 FirstFirst ... 22373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast