Thread: Anybody ever rent garage space to work on their M?

My Cars
    98 M3 Coupe

Anybody ever rent garage space to work on their M?

I'm going to be doing my head gasket and I'll probably do some other stuff while I'm at it and it turns out I don't know anybody who owns a garage. Anybody have experience doing short term garage rentals? Does that even happen? Where should I look?

My Cars
    95 Supra, 09 G8 GXP
    Public storage?

My Cars
    99 M3, 09 R6
    post this over in the NE regional section, someone might have a garage and or help you

Custom Build Threads: Exhaust, Short Shifter Kit

My Cars
    2007 JB 335i Coupe
    I take a class at Wakefield Technical HS. $150 for 33 hours in a heated automotive facility with 6 lifts, a cage full of Snap-On tools and an instructor to look over my shoulder while I work. Best. Deal. Ever. Only drawback is I can only work on projects that are 3 hours or less, because I sure as hell wouldn't let my car sit there for a week .

My Cars
    99 Cosmos M3,2010 E90M3
    SmellyGreek,

I PM'd you. I'm anxious to get more info about this place since I'm moving to Boston and losing my workspace.

My Cars
    98 M3 Coupe
    Wow. That does sound like a good deal. Head gasket's going to take a bit more than 3 hours though. I'm mostly going to be working on it on weekends, and my schedule is kind of random, so I expect it to take... a bunch of them. After poking around a bit more it looks like I'll just rent somebody's garage for a couple of months for something in the neighborhood of $100-$200/month. Just going to be upfront about what I want it for and find somebody who's cool with it.