Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread: opinions on sony xav-a1 in dash dvd

My Cars
    1998 s/c stage 1 M3

opinions on sony xav-a1 in dash dvd

as the title says i'm looking for your guys opinions on the sony xav-a1 in dash dvd. i have the oportunity to get a good deal on one and wanted to see if anyone here had one and what you thought about it. thanks
    rms stage 1 supercharger, reiger cup spoiler, staggered 18" bbs lm reps, H&R race springs, bilstein shocks, front and rear AA strut bars, x brace, uuc exhaust, shark injector, cold air intake, angel eyes, euro clear blinkers, sides and taillights, short shift, 10" orion dual voice coil sub with custom box, sony in dash dvd, hardwired 30gb ipod, m50 manifold

drtyeuro.com

BuchbrunnM3 is offline Ninja Pleeeeease BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    '03 745Li, '08 Lex GS350
    I sold alot of those at another audio shop I managed. I like it because it is a clean design, all the controls are laid out easy. Very user friendly without all the unnecessary graphics etc. I think it is a nice middle ranked unit.

My Cars
    97' 330ti (97' ti w/95' M3 drivetrain) & 98' 318ti
    I've owned two and sold 140 units to my dealer base all over New England, (when I was the Sony rep.)

Of the 140, there were probably only 4-5 defective units within a year of install. I don't remember anything else coming back after that.

As an industry, 4-5% of electronics are expected to go bad. The XAV-A1 was well within the expected limits.

I'd recommend it if you have a warranty, if no warranty, the price better be really good.

I personally liked the unit, but still wished it had cd-changer and Nav capabilities.
    Phil C
    New England rep for Boston Acoustics, McIntosh, Hertz, Audison, Panasonic Mobile, Autopage, Azentek, Planet Audio, VST, WAAV, and Second Skin
    97'/95' 330ti (97'318ti w/ 95' M3 conversion) Dyno'd 239 rwhp / 230 rwtorque

My Cars
    1998 s/c stage 1 M3
    ya it comes with a 2 yr warranty and its gonna run about $580. seem like a good price?
    rms stage 1 supercharger, reiger cup spoiler, staggered 18" bbs lm reps, H&R race springs, bilstein shocks, front and rear AA strut bars, x brace, uuc exhaust, shark injector, cold air intake, angel eyes, euro clear blinkers, sides and taillights, short shift, 10" orion dual voice coil sub with custom box, sony in dash dvd, hardwired 30gb ipod, m50 manifold

drtyeuro.com

My Cars
    97' 330ti (97' ti w/95' M3 drivetrain) & 98' 318ti
    go for it.

Retail was $1499 when it first became available....I'd guess they're still selling for $950-1000 in most of the stores that still have them.
    Phil C
    New England rep for Boston Acoustics, McIntosh, Hertz, Audison, Panasonic Mobile, Autopage, Azentek, Planet Audio, VST, WAAV, and Second Skin
    97'/95' 330ti (97'318ti w/ 95' M3 conversion) Dyno'd 239 rwhp / 230 rwtorque