Thread: Stock 93' 325is converted to pretty nice ride

My Cars
    2004 E46 M3, 2001 E46 330ci, 1993 E36 325is

Stock 93' 325is converted to pretty nice ride

What do you guys think, how'd I do. I invested a couple grand in my car when my parents handed it down to me in 2000. I got a side view to. It looks way different then how it looked stock. It had those mesh like wheels and all gray sides and bumpers. I think it looks good now, what do you guys think. I think I might get a roof spoiler next.

THE PICTURE IS ON MY NEXT POST
    Last edited by BiMmEr JoN; 01-18-2003 at 05:38 AM.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Hehe can't wait to see a pic.... oh and you spelled Inpro wrong in your sig...
    Proudly sponsored by ElusiveFX

My Cars
    Last edited by BiMmEr JoN; 01-18-2003 at 02:32 PM.

My Cars
    I finally figured out how to use this damn thing....i got one more to

My Cars
    Last edited by BiMmEr JoN; 01-18-2003 at 02:32 PM.

My Cars

Explaination of mods done

Interior Mods :

Floor Lighting :
    I added floor lighting so that if I actually dropped anything on the floor I could find it without getting the flashlight. I used to regular bulbs with sockets from the ford dealership that I work at. I tapped it into a circuit that only goes on with the interior lights. Worked out real good.

Ambient Lighting :
    I liked that "mood lighting" that you find in the X5, the 5 series and basically all the new bimmers. I bought these LED's from superbrightleds.com. I used someone elses basic idea, i forgot him name but he's got a red 328is and his tips helped out alot. I only need one LED in my sunroof panel to cast a nice orange glow over my center console.

UUC Pedals
    My cousin works for UUC motorworks and he gave me a set of the pedals, Gas, Brake and Foot rest

FULL ONBOARD COMPUTER CONVERSION FROM CHECK CONTROL
    I made a post on DTM power asking how to convert check control to full OVC and somebody actually responded with actual instructions with all the proper wiring instructions. I took a gamble and did it and it really paid off. It took me 2 hours total. It was well worth the time. ALL THOSE GUYS WHO SAY IT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE TO DO AND NOT WORTH IT ARE WRONG. THE MOST EXPENSIVE PART IS THE COMPUTER WHICH YOU CAN GET ON EBAY AND THE REST IS JUST LABOR. Try it, it is really worth the time.

Z3 wood shift knob
    My leather T-Shifter was really getting worn and saw this wood shifter for sale on ebay. I was really skeptical about wether it would fit but it did and really nicely. The only problem was that that was the only thing wood in my car so I had to do something else.

M3 Luxury wood console and Luxury Door Panels
    Bought the wood center console because I wanted to update the drab black interior and complement the leather shift knob with wood inlay. This piece was a great update to the interior. The door panels were great because they added a nice touch to the whole interior. It made it look like a new car and made it more of a luxury sports car which is why I wanted them.

Infinity Basslink Self Amplified Subwoofer
    This was a great addition because it added bass to a very bass extinct system. The speakers are somewhat great at treble yet they lack the ability to provide good bass which many luxury cars have. This sub doesn't hit real hard, it just makes it sound like your car came with a very good audio system. when called apon it can really answer your needs and perform.

EXTERIOR

Euro Clear lights all around
    Great cheap mod, really made the car look different

Kamei style eyebrows
    Gave the car a mean aggressive looks, didn't like it at first but it grew on me

M3 Front, Painted Sides, Painted Mouldings
    I got and M3 front to replace the stock 93' front. THe whole car i guess was hot in the early 90's but lets face it, with todays cars and the later 3 series, these 93's stock need some freshening up. The gray bottoms don't really fly. I got and M3 front and I painted all the sides red along with all the side moudlings. THIS WAS THE BEST MODIFICATION I COULD HAVE EVER PAID FOR. It really made my car stand out as opposed to before. I highly reccomend doing this if you have a pre 95 BMW.

M3 Spoiler
    NIce, it just made the car flow from the side

96+ Front grill panel conversion
    I experiemented with the 96+ grills just putting them in my existing grills and they fit but there were some places the grill didn't cover but it was hardly noticable. Luckily someone tapped my front and I got a new grill panel out of it and a new front. Not bad, I didn't want to pay for a new grill panel anyway

M3 Mirrors
    I have the mirrors just sitting in my room but have been to lazy and basically out of loot to paint and mount them. They'll be on soon tho

BMW Sidemarkers
    I took my car to a body shop to have BMW sidemarkers put in. I wanted them to update the look on my car to the newer BMW's

Inpro Angel Eyes
    I love the lights but what a B*tch to wire. The guy who sold them to me tricked me and sold them without a harness. I had to do so much wiring. It took me a bout 5 hours to get everything apart and back together. I reccommend making sure that you get the harness if you get these lights. They look great but again they really suck to wire.

Phillips 7500K HID system
    This is the second HID system that I bought. I was so impressed by my first set that I had to get another for the Inpros. It totally blowed that they took different bulbs. HID's are really the sh*t guys, they make all the difference in appearance and visibility.

UUC Motorwerks System U Exhaust
    Again, my cousin works for UUC Motorwerks and he hooked me up on this exhaust. I like quietness and was like totally opped to getting an exhaust because I was afraid it would annoy the shit out of me on the highway and when just driving. I was somewha wrong. The exhaust is silent on the highway. That was my number one concern and it was a relief that it was silent. The only time it pisses me off is at night when i'm driving home and jus wanna relax, u just hear the hum of the exhaust. Its a nice hum, not some cheap exhaust tip or busted cat, its a nice sound but annoying if you like queit. The car really does a good job insulating most of it.

Bilstien Sport Suspensio
    I got this new suspension because my orignal shocks blew and I needed new shocks and struts. I was willing to sacrifice ride comfort for handling because that is a very good edge to have on people. I got this suspension and it is very comfortable and it handles great.

My Cars
    toyota tacoma x-runner
    sweet ride although red is not my favorite color...over all it looks clean though........and ur right...HIDs along with the projectors is damn crazy...i have a set of ellipsoids angel eye head lights on my car along with Mcculoch HIDs and love them....once u get these u will never go back to stock...anyways keep us updated on what ur gonna do next

-Anh

My Cars
    RIP 325i
    wow i love it! it inspires me for my car!
    where in nj do ya live??
    hit me an IM on dabomb4956 today... i like it hehe
    if your in north jersy you should go to the meet tomarrow

and could you epxlain the obc conversion?
    1994 325i Uber Sedan 5-spd swap'ed
    E36 Automatic to 5-Speed DIY Write Up
    3 Pedal Club Member!
    RE DMS, RE Weighted Selector Rod, ACS SSK, ZKW w/ Catz 5100 HID's & DDE Chromums, AT Italia Type 5 Sport wheels.
    Custom 2 tone suede interior comming early 2006.

My Cars

Interior Shot

This is the picture of the interior. Thanks guys fo the comments. I have a set of M3 mirrors sitting around but I need to save money to put them on. Those door panels killed my budget. I'll keep you guys up to date.

My Cars

Here are my Angel Eyes, I'm getting another pic with the HID's

Where is the meet by the way?

My Cars

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Very nice and clean, love the Z3 Shift knob! Keep up the great work! I agree the e36's need updating to keep em lookin fresh!
    Proudly sponsored by ElusiveFX

My Cars

who needs an X5.....sike...actaully i'd take one any day in the shit weather we've been having lately, anyother day forget it.

My Cars
    RIP 325i
    its on route 17 at service merchendice tomarrow at 1pm.. check the regional forum for info
    3 Pedal Club Member!
    RE DMS, RE Weighted Selector Rod, ACS SSK, ZKW w/ Catz 5100 HID's & DDE Chromums, AT Italia Type 5 Sport wheels.

My Cars

My Cars
    BMW

Re: Explaination of mods done

Originally posted by BiMmEr JoN

FULL ONBOARD COMPUTER CONVERSION FROM CHECK CONTROL
    I made a post on DTM power asking how to convert check control to full OVC and somebody actually responded with actual instructions with all the proper wiring instructions. I took a gamble and did it and it really paid off. It took me 2 hours total. It was well worth the time. ALL THOSE GUYS WHO SAY IT IS REALLY EXPENSIVE TO DO AND NOT WORTH IT ARE WRONG. THE MOST EXPENSIVE PART IS THE COMPUTER WHICH YOU CAN GET ON EBAY AND THE REST IS JUST LABOR. Try it, it is really worth the time.

[/B]
    Could you post up the link where you got the instructions?

My Cars
    I can't access the link anymore because they ask for money now to join and look at post. I might have them lying around somewhere. I'll look

My Cars
    Hamann Widebody 330ci
    Looks really RED , I'd lower next ! keep it up!

CLICK SIG TO SEE MY CARS (past and present)

DINAN 19" WHEEELS / PS2s l DINAN STRUT BRACE l BREMBO 380 BBK l H&R COILOVERS l H&R 10MM SPACERS REAR l HAMANN KIDNEYS l BLACKED OUT SIDE GRILLS l PAINTED BUMPER REFLECTORS

FB: JONNY SORGIO (Raleigh NC).

My Cars
    your never going to believe this. Some piece of shit broke into my car when I was at the movie theater. They smashed my driver window, fuked up my lux door panels, stole my radio and a whole bunch of other shit, and basically F ' ed me. This blows. Anyone know how much a new window is?

My Cars
    RIP 325i
    BASTARDS!
    sorry to hear that
    do you have theift insurence?
    3 Pedal Club Member!

My Cars
    1997 M3
    Nice ride

My Cars
    08 M6 Coupe
    That's an awesome ride. You should invest in bulletproof glass.