BMW of Bloomfield

Thread: Well Maintained Black (Schwarz II) 1996 BMW 750il (e38)

My Cars
    Maserati, MB, Nissan

Well Maintained Black (Schwarz II) 1996 BMW 750il (e38)

Up for sale is my 1996 black (Schwarz II) over black Montana leather BMW 750il. This is a very clean, well maintained, accident-free CA car that presents very well for its age (people compliment it regularly). It has recently had major servicing and preventative maintenance that is necessary and recommended for e38 model 7-series cars (1995-2001 740i, 740il, 750il) as they pass the 70k mile mark and further age. Having owned a few of these cars I feel this car has hundreds of thousands of miles left in her if properly maintained!

This car currently has 122,xxx original miles and is fully loaded for the 1996 model year. I’ve added a few tasteful modifications for appearance and performance that are listed further below:

Notable BMW 750il features, there are many more than listed:

*Fabled 5.4L BMW V12 (very strong, no oil consumption/burning; this car pulls hard)
    *Long wheel base (iL – you can cross your legs in the back!)
    *Dual pane security glass
    *BMW 14 speaker DSP (digital sound processing) 440 Watt sound system (great clarity, it amazes me how it sounds better than my new car’s 2007 Bose system!)
    *Full power seating:
    -16 way electrically adjustable front comfort seats
    -8 way electrically adjustable rear seats with passenger footrests! (impresses passengers)
    *Full power windows, all with one touch up and down front and rear windows and one touch express open sunroof
    *Remote Keyless entry with electronically controlled self crank ignition
    *All seats with variable heated seat control
    *Heated Steering wheel (amazing feature during winter!)
    *On board computer
    *6-Disc BMW/Alpine CD changer
    *Electronic soft close rear trunk
    *Xenon Front headlights
    *Park Distance Sensors
    *Electronic Damping Control suspension system with comfort/sport settings
    *BMW ASC (All season traction control) and DSC (Dynamic Stability control)
    *Power rear sunshade
    *Dual Zone digital climate control
    *Steering wheel mounted radio/cruise/telephone controls
    *Original BMW mobile telephone (I’ve never used it)
    *Authentic Dark Maple Burl wood veneer throughout the car
    *Full leather interior, leather dashboard and door trim

I’ve done the following tasteful modifications (cosmetic and performance):

*Updated 2001 BMW 7-series style rear tail lights (very modern look)
    *Chrome 2001 750il style wide front BMW kidney grilles
    *BMW 7-series accessory chrome trunk lid trim piece
    *Smoked front turn signals
    *Custom 2.5” cat-back exhaust with Stainless Steel Sebring mufflers (Subtle german accent!)
    *K&N intake filters
    *20x9” front and 20x10” rear 2 piece modular I-forged Equip wheels with gloss black centers and high polished reverse lips (staggered dish: ~3” front and 4” rear polished lips for a very VIP look)
    *Relatively fresh 245/35/20 front and 275/30/20 rear Nitto 555 tires with healthy tread remaining (This high end 20” Wheel set with tires is worth >$6k new!)

Recent service performed by BMW mechanics, this car is ready to be driven:

*Inspection II
    *New belts
    *New NGK spark plugs (12!)
    *New Intake manifold gaskets (common vacuum leak problem after 100k mi)
    *New Valve cover gaskets (common leak problem for 7-series >60k mi)
    *New Lower oil pan gasket with Oil pump re-torqued and checked (Loose oil pump with age is a common problem)
    *Throttle bodies cleaned/engine flushed (this car is a rocket, smooth V12 torque!)
    *Fresh synthetic transmission fluid with new BMW transmission filter
    *Recent oil change with synthetic motor oil
    *Replaced electronics (Sad, but to address common BMW missing display pixel issue. All mid to late 90’s 5/7/x5 series cars have poorly designed led display units that fail like clockwork!):
    - New instrument cluster to fix missing information display pixels
    - Updated AC control unit display to fix missing pixels
    - Multi-information Display unit (radio head unit) replaced to fix majority of missing pixels
    *Lower control arm bushings (common wear item after 70k mi)
    *New center, left and right tie rods (to fix embarrassing common front end 7-series creaking when worn)
    *New fuel pump check valve (Common problem/BMW TSB for fuel pump noise)
    *And more….

I am very meticulous with my cars: this car is always garaged and it shows. The paint is still glossy with very few blemishes or door dings for its age. The interior is fresh and clean, still smells like leather and has no tears, cracks or stains. This car is very clean and classy; I’m a Hi-Tech Executive that still feels confident to drive this car to high profile meetings! This particular 750il is much cleaner than most other examples, especially many of those with lower miles!

I’ve taken care of nearly all issues that can go wrong or need maintenance on this car (my busy schedule doesn’t allow for an unreliable car – this is my daily car). Don’t let other lower mileage 750s for marginal prices fool you; I’ve looked at many of these examples before buying this car and be warned- they need at least 3-5k in remedial work to fix half of the things I’ve already done to improve this car! The next owner of this car will be lucky; owning a flagship vehicle of BMW history that was good enough for James Bond in the movie “Tomorrow Never Dies” and “The Transporter.” The sorting of the car has been mostly done during my ownership and the car is turn-key ready.

I’ve really enjoyed this car but currently have too many cars in my garage. I need to pass this car on to a passionate and caring owner; that is important to me. I can provide bimmerforum.com references who have seen the car firsthand.

I’m looking for $17,500 obo with the 20” Iforged Equip wheels.

If the 20” black center wheels aren’t your thing, the car can come with the stock 16” wheels for $14,500 obo.

Email me at twinturbosalah@yahoo.com with any questions, please, serious inquiries only. I will not allow test drives unless I find the buyer to be serious and we’ve discussed our action plan and price. I have the clean CA title in hand and know that if you drive this car you will not be disappointed! Pictures can happen sometime next week when the rain stops and sun returns.
    Last edited by Waywild3; 02-09-2007 at 04:04 AM.

My Cars
    blown vw jetta
    pics are nice

My Cars
    Maserati, MB, Nissan
    Sure, I'll snap some next week.

I don't have any current quality pictures and its been raining locally lately....

My Cars
    911 GT3, E30 M3
    I would like to see pics as well.
    [B]
    [center]

My Cars
    Maserati, MB, Nissan
    Guys,

To hold you over until the weather is more predictable; I have some low-resolution camera phone pictures I found that I can email interested parties. Email me at twinturbosalah@yahoo.com.

Sorry for not posting them here, according to the forum I'm not "allowed" to post images or URLs, lol! Maybe I haven't posted enough?