Thread: widebody m3 coming... need help

My Cars
    95 M3

widebody m3 coming... need help

ok guys so my car is going into the shop this monday, im getting my back fenders pulled out and flared. the thing is though i don't know exactly how much to pull them out, i want to be able to fit the 19" e46 m3 euro rims on the car but until i get them im afraid that my m3 wheels now might look stupid with flared fenders. Ive thought about getting H&R wheel spacers but the most they have is 30mm and i think that won't be enough to push my rims out so they look decent with the quarter panels. im thinking of pushing them out about 3 inches with the bubbles flares just like john sibals. What do you guys think, any ideas or comments please post. thanx! i will post pics of the final masterpiece in about 3 to 4 weeks.
    1995 E36 M3 (Sold)
    FS: BRAND NEW SHOEI HELMET http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1275204

My Cars
    s/c '95 m3, ‘17 fo
    whoa whoa whoa...you mean just PULLED OUT? i dunno how much the fenders will give like that...make sure they don't crack your paint (chips might form in the paint)

if you want to fit wide rims, do it properly and get a widebody...

good luck

My Cars
    miss my rieger 3, but love my new S2000!
    Originally posted by Sam L
    whoa whoa whoa...you mean just PULLED OUT? i dunno how much the fenders will give like that...make sure they don't crack your paint (chips might form in the paint)

if you want to fit wide rims, do it properly and get a widebody...

good luck
    definetly do it right the first time.
    ...'Cause every hand's a winner and every hand's a loser.
    And the best that you can hope for, is to die in your sleep'

My Cars
    95 M3
    it is getting done right, the whole car is being painted over and everything, the body shop is going to pull out the fenders cut the ends off and reweld it, they've done it before on a e30 m3 and it came out amazing, the only thing is that im confused as to how much i should pull it out, i want to be able to fit wide rims on the back.
    1995 E36 M3 (Sold)
    FS: BRAND NEW SHOEI HELMET http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1275204

My Cars
    z06 & Sierra HD
    what body shop is this???
    do you even know what a plethora is?

My Cars
    how wide?

My Cars
    95 M3

how wide is my question, how wide can i go so that i get that wide body look, i can fit wider rims like the 19" e46 ones and it won't look stupid with my stock wheels with some spacers. ....... ok forget this thread, HERE IS MY NEW QUESTION, FOR THE CARS WITH ZEEMAX WIDE BODY'S HOW DO THEY GET THEIR RIMS TO STICK OUT THAT FAR? IS IT SPACERS?, ARE THE WHEELS CUSTOM? thanx.

..by the way the autobody shop is statewide collision. they do a great job from what ive seen from some of my friends cars, they do alot of conversions and what not.
    1995 E36 M3 (Sold)

My Cars
    They are just fat wheels...like 19x11

My Cars
    Z3 2.3, Isetta 300
    Also, there is nothing "Euro" about 19" E46 M3 wheels. They are the factory optional size over here too!
    EX-NASA SpecE30 Racer---NASA Florida Certified Instructor

My Cars
    95 M3

i know there is nothin euro about the e46 wheels but everytime i search on ebay for those rims the only way i can find the ones with out the lip is by putting the word euro in it.
    1995 E36 M3 (Sold)

My Cars
    '99 Cosmos E36 ///M3

Re: .

Originally posted by M3sRsick
    how wide is my question, how wide can i go so that i get that wide body look, i can fit wider rims like the 19" e46 ones and it won't look stupid with my stock wheels with some spacers. ....... ok forget this thread, HERE IS MY NEW QUESTION, FOR THE CARS WITH ZEEMAX WIDE BODY'S HOW DO THEY GET THEIR RIMS TO STICK OUT THAT FAR? IS IT SPACERS?, ARE THE WHEELS CUSTOM? thanx.

..by the way the autobody shop is statewide collision. they do a great job from what ive seen from some of my friends cars, they do alot of conversions and what not.
    Just get a wide wheel with the correct offset, you shouldnt need spacers if you get the right set of wheels
    -Sid

My Cars
    95 M3
    for the guys that answeres about the wheels, thanx.. i apreciate it.
    1995 E36 M3 (Sold)

My Cars
    wide hooptie
    if you pull the fenders about 2 inches from stock, then you should be able to run any E39 offset wheels which would even let you run stock E46 M3 wheels (might need spacers depending on the offset). This is a good start, but if you want to run wider, pull it out more and then youre gonna have to contact wheel manufactures that can do custom offsets.

goodluck and post some pics when u get your car out of the shop.

"If you want to see misery, give people more than what they need." -C.S. Lewis

My Cars
    95 M3

hey jon, thanx alot man, .. ive been looking into it but i can't make my mind up on wheels, im thinking either the M parallels or m5 wheels for now. You're car is amazing, its actually my inspiration for my widebody, as i was getting a bit tired of the zeemax style and urs is just so pimped out. lol. Although my car will never look anything close to urs i hope that this will turn out good. thanx again.
    1995 E36 M3 (Sold)